Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,328 members, 7,974,418 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 12:50 AM

Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky (13421 Views)

8 Places Guys Will Get Positive Feedback From Single Ladies When They Woo Them / How To Stop A Girl You Like, Talk To Her & Get Her Number In Minutes / How To Talk To A Girl...You Have Never Met..Both Online And Real Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Go Down)

Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 6:38pm On Apr 13, 2009
Now on to the posts - I'll deal with DK first

dayokanu:

@Dobo,
If we are going to be fair in this issue why should anybody be banned or have posts deleted for derailment if that thread I showed you is not enough derailment. Could it be due to the "Calibre' of people on the thread.
In my opinion, derailment is when a post goes beyond the remit/purpose of the thread in the first place. In this regard, I don't think it has anything to do with 'calibre' of people in the thread. If 'meeting' iice involves chatting about what she ate for dinner or what colour of contacts she wears, then it's fine by me.

Since its about meeting iice anything is allowed? Thats not a sound argument. The thread that was cleaned I dont see how its worse than the iice thread.
Once again - the purpose of the thread would be my grouse - if set up specifically to talk about an individual then fine; if not, then that is derailment in my book.

Show me any post on that iice thread in the last 20 pages that talks remotely about meeting iice
example https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-226265.896.html#msg3713376

There are lots DK - people asking how is she, how is she doing and the like - can you identify specifically what you think is NOT about meeting iice?

What is good for the goose is good for the gander or is it a case of "All animals are equal but some are more equal than others"

Summary if any thread is cleaned or any person banned for derailing threads then the thread I reported too should be cleaned and derailers on the thread banned
I can understand if you say some people cant be touched or some threads cant be touched.

In my book there are no animals more equal than others - even mods have been banned instantly for going against rules, so that does not hold water with me. No one gets banned simply for 'derailing threads' - you get warned, cajoled and finally banned if all else fails. Serial 'derailers' however do not get the same benefit of the doubt and can be banned instantaneously.  grin

Once again, if you have a specific grouse that cannot be resolved via a mod, kindly approach the admin.

To 'prove' that there are no untouchables, ask mods who have posted offtopic on this thread at points in the past - I have deleted their posts, along with those of others without any discrimination.

I will tackle Pataki's post next to prevent having a single long-winded post on this.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by StrStruck(f): 6:39pm On Apr 13, 2009
MrCrackles:

I SMELL A FUCKING DEAD RAT HERE!

REGARDING THE GIFS, I DONT LIKE THEM, ANNOYING TO BE HONEST

Ok. . .
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 6:55pm On Apr 13, 2009
Pataki:

I want to assume the moderator has not been on this thread in the last couple of hours to clearly see that this thread has been derailed in itself.
In that regard, may I ask once again - use the 'report to moderator' link! I will not be on nairaland 24-7, so once again we need assistance from members like yourself.

In my view, the Dating and Meet Up is the latest version of Nairaland Offtopic. Most threads there serve no purpose to the forum and it is an avenue for chit-chat for some ''nairaland untouchables''. undecided
Can you explain further? How many threads to these 'untouchables' have on dating and meet up? For the avoidance of doubt, I advised agaba and a few others to create an 'offtopic' thread for the purposes of meeting up with a bunch of other people who were notorious for going off topic. If group is meeting up to discuss in the meet up zone of nairaland, how is that going off topic if that is the aim of the thread? undecided Agaba and co were permitted to do so, as well as your 'untouchables' so in my view, everyone is given the same privileges.

If the complaint stated by Gab in that thread as given by the link from dayokanu (alongside his complaints), cannot be taken up and looked into, then, this section smacks of a cabal of posters who use the privilege of being moderators for their own selfish inclinations. Why must a moderator make this rather surreptitious condescending statement: on that same thread? Does this mean some thread are meant for the exclusive preserve of some posters and if you are not in their league, you should and would be ignored? What then is the point to the thread?
I don't get your point here. She complained that posts were being ignored - when did it become compulsory to talk to everyone or reply every post? What is condescending in saying I do not reply to every post? You are advised to ignore posts on nairaland instead of fighting, so I really don't get the point of your complaint. Must I engage in a conversation with tumfulu if I find that I am uninterested in his posts? If the title of a thread is to 'meet iice', then that is the purpose for the thread - there is no rule saying a thread must be all encompassing in terms of interest or appeal.

Mods like all members of nairaland are free to choose whom to respond to and whom not to - If you want to create a 'Hotfunmi meet Pataki' thread on D&M, kindly do so and you are free to ignore whomever you want and report any posts outside of funmi meet pataki wink

If threads have been locked in times past, and posters banned for derailing threads, then, I believe the same justice should be measured to whichever thread and section and posters even if they are moderators on this forum.

I agree, and to the best of my knowledge, mods have been punished similarly to non-mod members - I do not regard this 'meet iice' thread as being in the league of derailment or going off topic and that remains my opinion.

Once again - if you feel mods are not doing things properly, kindly report to the admin.

On a final note, I may not be able to resolve issues completely from D&M and sexuality, since I am currently a mod for the 'main' romance board alone. But please still post your complaints - I will do my best to resolve them if I can.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Pataki: 7:20pm On Apr 13, 2009
@ debosky,
Interesting argument, but there are clear contradicting statements which are at variance to your intended points. I clearly note that you are not on a moderator on the Dating and Meet Up zone, hence, tendering my rejoinder to your points may as well just be an exercise in futility. However, I would just highlight one of such contradictions and if you still desire that I belabor myself to take you on, I would gladly oblige you.

debosky:

Can you explain further? How many threads to these 'untouchables' have on dating and meet up?   For the avoidance of doubt, I advised agaba and a few others to create an 'offtopic' thread for the purposes of meeting up with a bunch of other people who were notorious for going off topic. If  group is meeting up to discuss in the meet up zone of nairaland, how is that going off topic if that is the aim of the thread?  undecided Agaba and co were permitted to do so, as well as your 'untouchables' so in my view, everyone is given the same privileges.
From the quote above, I can deduce that:

1) Agaba created an ''offtopic'' thread situated in the Dating and Meet Up section. Intended for posters were notorious for going off topic. FACT!

2) Agaba and others are permitted to go offtopic on that particular thread. FACT!

3) The same privileges has been permitted to the ''untouchables''. (Going by your last statement above) undecided

Therefore, I can safely assume that the much disputed thread is intended for ''offtopic'' by the untouchables. Hence, if you have no business with them, no point in posting there.

If my conclusion is correctly inferred, please kindly state so.

My submission.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by MrCrackles(m): 7:24pm On Apr 13, 2009
And who are the "UNTOUCHABLES" sef?

Me i wan know! grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 7:33pm On Apr 13, 2009
@ Pataki

It is not 'offtopic' if it is related to the thread at hand - that is why I put it in quotation marks, meaning the conversation they were having (while legitimate) was in the wrong thread which is what made it offtopic (with respect to that particular thread)  so I asked him to open a dedicated thread to have that conversation.

Agaba is not permitted to go offtopic on his thread - the aim is to have their banter about dating each other. If he starts  (for example) attacking someone else through that thread, it will be offtopic and the thread will be cleaned out to remove offending posts.

Technically, you are not going 'offtopic' if the aim of discussion on a thread is to discuss a person and you keep doing that. I hope that is clear.

The essence of my post is this - there is no 'privilege' given to any 'untouchables' not available to everyone else. If you have no business with computers, why would you post on a computers thread? That is simple logic/common sense to me - if I have no interest in a subject or the people involved, I will not post.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Pataki: 7:47pm On Apr 13, 2009
@ Debosky,

I can relate to your attempts to explain the matter at hand. I reason with some of your points. But seriously, I am not given to arguing this matter on and on. As I do not even have any business with the thread in discussion and neither is my interest on Nairaland related to the Dating and Meet Up. Who do I want to meet, that I have not met in person and even taken it further than just meeting face-to-face. cheesy

However that said, is there any where in the Nairaland rules that explicitly state; what is an offtopic? If your sense of judgment perceives a thread not to contain offtopic post or be entirely offtopic, there is no way I would convince you otherwise. So in the light of that, I would not want to continue with this subject of debate.

Cheers.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 8:11pm On Apr 13, 2009
Your opinion is valued. On that note, I'd like to draw a line under that discussion and open up the thread for more feedback.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by chamotex(m): 8:48pm On Apr 13, 2009
MrCrackles:

And who are the "UNTOUCHABLES" sef?

Me i wan know! grin

Stupid question!!!

Chamotex of course. grin grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 13, 2009
One complain. . . .I'd like yme? 's true identity to be revealed.
The idiot keeps following me around.
I have no doubt who he is, but I'd like my assumption confirmed.

All these men following me around looking for a fight might as well borrow a pair of my skirts and heels. undecided
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 9:06pm On Apr 13, 2009
@ Toyin

Is that an allegation of double personality?

Please state your claim right here or make your report to Seun's email for investigation if you are uncomfortable.

For avoidance of doubt, the rules state that: The use of multiple accounts without explicit permission of the forum administrator(s) is prohibited.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 13, 2009
debosky:

@ Toyin

Is that an allegation of double personality?

Please state your claim right here or make your report to Seun's email for investigation if you are uncomfortable.

For avoidance of doubt, the rules state that: The use of multiple accounts without explicit permission of the forum administrator(s) is prohibited.
Yes. I see no reason why a new ID needs be created to stalk me.

I mean, I understand, if I was him, I'd stalk me too tongue tongue celebrity le mi grin grin

But on a serious note, I want his other identity exposed. I just want to know his regular NL ID.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 9:13pm On Apr 13, 2009
Stop beating around the bush - who do you think he/she is? you can make the report to me by IM if you don't want to post it on this thread.

If it is indeed a case of multiple ids, we will deal with it as appropriate. If you have nothing else to say on this matter, then drop the subject. There is no room for idle speculation here.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by LadyT(f): 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2009
Surely people are not this sad to sign in as other people and attack others undercover.

Come on now
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2009
I'd make the report on IM.

Like you said, no idle speculation

LadyT:

Surely people are not this sad to sign in as other people and attack others undercover.

Come on now
On a serious note, it is.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Pataki: 9:26pm On Apr 13, 2009
@ debosky,

Why is the thread no longer a ''sticky'' topic?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by StephenP(m): 9:43pm On Apr 13, 2009
4 Play:

Can you please ban StephenP instantly?

What have I done?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by dayokanu(m): 3:00am On Apr 14, 2009
If 'meeting' iice involves chatting about what she ate for dinner or what colour of contacts she wears, then it's fine by me.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-226265.928.html#msg3716142

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-226265.864.html#msg3707562
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 9:27am On Apr 14, 2009
The original intention of the "meet iice" thread was to meet iice. Afterwards, it became a place where iice and her friends came to unwind and by unwinding, I mean, talking about everything under the sun relating to iice and her friends! Why do people have so much problems with this? If you don't like it, go and create your own "meet XYZ" thread na.
The only time I felt that thread was erring was when threads of over a 100 pages were being deleted on other child boards and that one was left intact for a long time. undecided
The intolerance level of some people on here is just. . . undecided lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Gabry(f): 9:32am On Apr 14, 2009
spikedcylinder:

The original intention of the "meet iice" thread was to meet iice. Afterwards, it became a place where iice and her friends came to unwind and by unwinding, I mean, talking about everything under the sun relating to iice and her friends! Why do people have so much problems with this? If you don't like it, go and create your own "meet XYZ" thread na.
The only time I felt that thread was erring was when threads of over a 100 pages were being deleted on other child boards and that one was left intact for a long time. undecided
The intolerance level of some people on here is just. . . undecided lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed

Are you referring to those whom are not iice's friends but feel like posting there cause to them they simply feel its a public forum or wetin?

Confuse hia undecided
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 1:21pm On Apr 14, 2009
gabrywyl:

Are you referring to those whom are not iice's friends but feel like posting there cause to them they simply feel its a public forum or wetin?

Confuse hia undecided

If you are not a friend of iice or a friend of a friend of iice, what are you doing posting on a "meet iice" thread? Fine, post there if you want but when they ignore you why do you complain that they are ignoring you? What kind of attention whorishness is that? Out of a million and one threads on NL, why is that one do or die?
It really befuddles me. undecided
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 1:35pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ DK

spike describes the situation aptly, in that regard I have nothing more to add.

Once again, like has been severally mentioned, you are free to create a 'meet DK' thread if you want. I don't understand the insistence of being included in a conversation if the participants do not want to engage with you. You are free to post wherever you please, and are free to respond/ignore any post you please.

Can we finally drop this matter now? I'm sure there are more pressing things to discuss on romance apart from this.

@ Pataki

a momentary error I think, it's restored as a sticky thread now.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Gabry(f): 2:51pm On Apr 14, 2009
spikedcylinder:

If you are not a friend of iice or a friend of a friend of iice, what are you doing posting on a "meet iice" thread? Fine, post there if you want but when they ignore you why do you complain that they are ignoring you? What kind of attention whorishness is that? Out of a million and one threads on NL, why is that one do or die?
It really befuddles me. undecided

So you are actually overeacting and getting all emotional just because I advise both Mukina and Iice right?

Fine. am sorry to hurt your fragile feelings. . .

I wasnt bashing them up at all but if you think I was, than Im sorry. I did not mean to anyways, good for you that you are in their club and thats why you get angry right now over petty matter as this. I was wondering why they are ignoring other peeps post most of the time but since they have explained theirselves its all fine by me. Why are you getting so hype up sensitive for?

Did the thread even mention that other posters are not allowed to enter and post? if you guys are so concern about this, why not put a rules and regulations on the thread to tell the rest of us that we are not welcome?

The site is called Dating and Meetup zone so for those whom wanted to meet up with iice will obviously enter that thread to say Hi to her and thats about it so I just find it rude when peeps go in there to meet up with iice are completely being ignored. So yeah, if you and your dear friends dont like it, kindly set your rules and regulations and also state who are your so called buddies.

Mind you, Im speaking on behalf of other posters as well. . .

So typical. The topic of the thread stated "Iice, Can I Meet you?" and the poster is from Iice itself. . . It did not say "Only for Iice's friends and not one else" did it?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by ikamefa(f): 2:58pm On Apr 14, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

na today ? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 2:59pm On Apr 14, 2009
gabrywyl:

So you are actually overeacting and getting all emotional just because I advise both Mukina and Iice right?

I wasnt bashing them up at all but if you think I was, than Im sorry. I did not mean to anyways, good for you that you are in their club and thats why you get angry right now over petty matter as this. I was wondering why they are ignoring other peeps post most of the time but since they have explained theirselves its all fine by me. Why are you getting so hype up sensitive for?

Did the thread even mention that other posters are not allowed to enter and post? if you guys are so concern about this, why not put a rules and regulations on the thread to tell the rest of us that we are not welcome?

The site is called Dating and Meetup zone so for those whom wanted to meet up with iice will obviously enter that thread to say Hi to her and thats about it so I just find it rude when peeps go in there to meet up with iice are completely being ignored. So yeah, if you and your dear friends dont like it, kindly set your rules and regulations and also state who are your so called buddies.

So typical. The topic of the thread stated "Iice, Can I Meet you?" and the poster is from Iice itself. . . It did not say "Only for Iice's friends and not one else" did it?

Maybe you need to stick to whatever Asian Lingo they taught you in retard school. Otherwise, you'll keep sounding quite. . . .  undecided lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed
However, because I know Debo will kill me if I derail his thread, I'd leave you to wallow in your filth. undecided
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Gabry(f): 3:01pm On Apr 14, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Maybe you need to stick to whatever Asian Lingo they taught you in retard school. Otherwise, you'll keep sounding quite. . . . undecided lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed
However, because I know Debo will kill me if I derail his thread, I'd leave you to wallow in your filth. undecided

So because you have nothing else to say therefore you come out with all these nasty words. . . Say whatever you want and do whatever you want to do. As far as we all know, am right on this point.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 3:06pm On Apr 14, 2009
Overreacting, emotional and fragile are quite nice words aren't they?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Gabry(f): 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Overreacting, emotional and fragile are quite nice words aren't they?

Well, its far better than being called a retard. . . Aint it?

And just when it is over and done with, you had to bring back this topic up from the dead. . . Genious
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 3:16pm On Apr 14, 2009
Ok ladies - call a truce?  grin

@ gabry

I understand that it is not a nice feeling when you get ignored, but once again, it is not against nairaland rules. You can post wherever you want - no one is stopping you. You can't force iice to respond to someone she doesn't want to respond to - it is her right to decide and this is the same right that ALL nairalanders have.

It may feel rude if you are ignored, but still it is not against the forum rules. On that note,  whoever ignored you or anyone else on that thread is allowed to do so. Please don't be oversensitive on this matter and let it go. Human nature is such that people will always aggregate with like minded folk. As long as they are not abusive or attack other members, they are allowed to do so.

There are over 300,000 members of nairaland - please make friends with any of those you wish to. If some ignore you, don't be annoyed or make a big fuss about it, just move on.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Gabry(f): 3:20pm On Apr 14, 2009
Debosky,

I have settled this with Iice and Mukina. Its never wrong to ask them. They have mentioned the same thing so therefore I accepted it but its just frustrating when someone else bring back this topic for no reason. . . Seriously. . .

As much as I love Spikedcylinder but I dont think its necessary to bring up this feud since it has already been settled like 2 days ago. . .

See highlighted phrase. . .

gabrywyl:

Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 14, 2009
una no get work? Yeye people.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 3:23pm On Apr 14, 2009
gabrywyl:

As much as[b] I love Spikedcylinder[/b]
Aww that is so sweet.  grin

Now we can all be one happy family. cheesy

@ David

No offtopic posts else BAN!  grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15)

Haa! Couple Breaks Internet With Naked Vacation Pictures (SEE) / What Is The Problem With Nigerian Women For Heavens Sake / Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.