Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,817 members, 7,886,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 03:19 AM

Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky (13248 Views)

8 Places Guys Will Get Positive Feedback From Single Ladies When They Woo Them / How To Stop A Girl You Like, Talk To Her & Get Her Number In Minutes / How To Talk To A Girl...You Have Never Met..Both Online And Real Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Go Down)

Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 10:03pm On Mar 28, 2009
Pataki:

Facebook, youtube, and various other web forum, does not give you the liberty to modify your posts once posted. As not only spammers, but even regular users to the forum tend to mis-use it for nefarious acts.
You are quite right. However. . . . .

On facebook, you are allowed to delete your posts, pictures, comments long after you've made them. Its an option that comes in quite as handy as the modify tab.

Create a pseudo-identity, and refer whomever you want to give your identity, to send you a request, and from there take things on. That's what I do most times though. I never want to give out my personal identity at first to people, talk-less of posting it on a forum for even just 5 minutes.

All that to give someone an email address? undecided Isn't having double identities against the rules? And who's the modify tab really hurting? You've admitted to using it a few times yourself so whats the big deal? Not everyone is expected to have literal savoir-faire like you. wink
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Pataki: 10:14pm On Mar 28, 2009
spikedcylinder:

On facebook, you are allowed to delete your posts, pictures, comments long after you've made them. Its an option that comes in quite as handy as the modify tab.
The only option, I think is missing here is the option to delete your profile off the forum once you are no longer interested. Deleting your posts on facebook is solely different from editing your posts. Does facebook, youtube, and some other web-forum allow you to edit your posts? NO. Does it allow you delete your posts? YES. Certain blogsites may allow you to edit your previous posts, but I have not come across such on web based forum except for nairaland.

spikedcylinder:
All that to give someone an email address? undecided Isn't having double identities against the rules? And who's the modify tab really hurting? You've admitted to using it a few times yourself so whats the big deal? Not everyone is expected to have literal savoir-faire like you. wink
No no no. . . . . you are not getting me right. I never meant creating double identities on nairaland. I actually meant, ''e-mail'' contact. Why create a false identity on nairaland and still give out your identity details to spammers which would still be used for contacting you? Does that make sense? undecided
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by bluespice(f): 10:22pm On Mar 28, 2009
pataki NL isnt the only one that the modify post thing is on
im a member of a few forums n all of them have the option
the best the admin can do is to flag modified posts
hence the number of times a post has been modified will be shown
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 10:35pm On Mar 28, 2009
Pataki:

Create a pseudo-identity, and refer whomever you want to give your identity, to send you a request, and from there take things on. That's what I do most times though. I never want to give out my personal identity at first to people, talk-less of posting it on a forum for even just 5 minutes.

Huh? Pataki?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 10:38pm On Mar 28, 2009
Besides, youtube and facebook et al might not give you the option to modify your comments but you are allowed to delete hence giving the chance to re-post. You grab?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by chamotex(m): 10:38pm On Mar 28, 2009
I want to raise an issue.

dOBOsky, Could you tell Spikedcylinder to stop typing with the blue colour? angry angry angry

[size=3pt]its affecting my system[/size]

I'll appreciate if you can do something about it ASAP
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 10:40pm On Mar 28, 2009
chamotex:

I want to raise an issue.

dOBOsky, Could you tell Spikedcylinder to stop typing with the blue colour? angry angry angry

[size=3pt]its affecting my system[/size]

I'll appreciate if you can do something about it ASAP

Thunder fire your fingers. grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by MrCrackles(m): 10:40pm On Mar 28, 2009
What is all this DOBOSKY thingy naw? cheesy

Anyway ya all have fun, i am hitting town tonite! tongue grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by chamotex(m): 10:44pm On Mar 28, 2009
MrCrackles:

What is all this DOBOSKY thingy naw? cheesy

Anyway ya all have fun, i am hitting town tonite! tongue grin

Why can't you just type using the normal/standard font? Is everyone going bunkers in here? angry angry angry

dOBO, do something about it man. Will ya? We can't continue like this. cheesy
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by MrCrackles(m): 10:45pm On Mar 28, 2009
chamotex:

Why can't you just type using the normal/standard font? Is everyone going bunkers in here? angry angry angry

dOBO, do something about it man. Will ya? We can't continue like this. cheesy

What a tyrant! grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Pataki: 10:50pm On Mar 28, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Pataki link=topic=245749.msg3656352#msg3656352 date=1238267599:

Huh? Pataki?
Did you miss the part I said, ''refer whomever you want to give your identity to send you a request, and from there take things on.''? A false identity could be interpreted as 'false identity on nairaland' (as you implied) OR 'a false email contact' (which I meant). If you closely read what bluespice stated previous to my replying her, you would know I never meant a double identity on nairaland, as that was not the direction of our discourse.

So must I crack your brains before you comprehend? cheesy tongue

bluespice:

pataki NL isnt the only one that the modify post thing is on
im a member of a few forums n all of them have the option
the best the admin can do is to flag modified posts
hence the number of times a post has been modified will be shown
OK. Well, as I said, it is the call of the admin. I just feel the 'modify button' is inappropriate. Your observations could be right, I am not in the position to dispute or refute that. But based on what I have seen from web based forum and occurrences from the abuse of 'modify button', it should be removed.

My submission.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Pataki: 10:56pm On Mar 28, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Besides, youtube and facebook et al might not give you the option to modify your comments but you are allowed to delete hence giving the chance to re-post. You grab?
Yes, I understand you here and what mean. wink All still equals modification, innit? cheesy
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by bluespice(f): 10:59pm On Mar 28, 2009
i geddit
ur just against the whole modificstion process right?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Pataki: 11:03pm On Mar 28, 2009
bluespice:

i geddit
ur just against the whole modificstion process right?
Without mincing words, YES I am.

However, I like the response of Siena and his suggestion to the 'modify button' issue and topic [url=http://]here[/url].
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Pataki: 11:05pm On Mar 28, 2009
This thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-254866.0.html gives a better suggestion to the topic of 'modify button'.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 8:16am On Mar 29, 2009
Your suggestions are ridiculous pataki. Frankly, I think you're doing this to prove some kind of silly grammatical point. tongue

If you don't want the modify tab, don't use it but let others have the pleasure of doing so. undecided
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by bigbumper(f): 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2009
Re modify buttton: I know I am special and have to be the apple of Seun's eyes because it seems as if I am the only one whose preview button still works
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2009
I don't see why there is this long back and forth about the 'modify' button - it's been removed due to spammers and will be reinstated when the admin is satisfied. Forums do need to change over time to continue to meet the needs of the greater majority. Things will not always be beneficial or amenable to all since humans naturally tend to hate change.

My name isn't 'dobo', if y'all don't stop, I will ensure you get lengthy bans and excommunication from nairaland. grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 29, 2009
@moderators pls kindly delete post titled "yesterday i got a message from a friend, E.T.C posted by me. Reasons topic header too long. I mistakenly interchanged topic for subject. Thanks.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by tpia: 9:04pm On Mar 29, 2009
Create a pseudo-identity, and refer whomever you want to give your identity, to send you a request, and from there take things on. That's what I do most times though

um. undecided

How many Jekyll and Hyde personalities on Nairaland, I wonder.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Pataki: 9:17pm On Mar 29, 2009
Sister Mo:

I think what Brother Pataki meant was create a different Y! account which you'll post here and then if you like the person, you can link the person to your real Y! account.
Thank you!

Exactly my thoughts.

Rather some people prefer to dance to north pole to interpret rubbish to my posts. Even after my explanation.

I am not Brother Pataki, Sister Mo. cry
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by SisterMo(f): 9:20pm On Mar 29, 2009
Pataki:

Thank you!

Exactly my thoughts.

Rather some people prefer to dance to north pole to interpret rubbish to my posts. Even after my explanation.

I am not Brother Pataki, Sister Mo. cry

At the convent, I'm required to call everyone Brother and Sister lol
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Pataki: 9:23pm On Mar 29, 2009
Sister Mo:

At the convent, I'm required to call everyone Brother and Sister lol
LOL!

And you think I am a brother rather than a sister? shocked

Anyways, not to derail the thread with our discussion, who are you? undecided
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by SisterMo(f): 9:25pm On Mar 29, 2009
Pataki:

LOL!

And you think I am a brother rather than a sister? shocked

Anyways, not to derail the thread with our discussion, who are you? undecided

Sister Monique.

[size=3pt] I will not reveal myself on this thread because I will be kicked out again[/size]
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by MrCrackles(m): 9:28pm On Mar 29, 2009
Sister Mo:

Sister Monique.

[size=3pt] I will not reveal myself on this thread because I will be kicked out again[/size]

I know you, phony sista!

I will tell the whole world who you are
! cheesy
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Pataki: 9:29pm On Mar 29, 2009
Sister Mo:

Sister Monique.

Oh! You have been banned! grin grin grin

Obey 'his' commandments and it shall be well with you. Is that not what the 'good book' says? grin undecided
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by SisterMo(f): 9:31pm On Mar 29, 2009
MrCrackles:

I know you, phony sista!

I will tell the whole world who you are
! cheesy

ch. . . . the devil is a liar! You know me not.

Pataki:

Oh! You have been banned! grin grin grin

Obey 'his' commandments and it shall be well with you. Is that not what the 'good book' says? grin undecided

Yes. I have been 'saved' and I choose to remain that way . . . for now.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by chamotex(m): 10:20pm On Mar 29, 2009
Sister Mo:

Sister Monique.

[size=5pt] I will not reveal myself on this thread because I will be kicked out again[/size]

Isn't it obvious?? grin grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by dayokanu(m): 3:28am On Mar 30, 2009
My name isn't 'dobo', if y'all don't stop, I will ensure you get lengthy bans and excommunication from nairaland

So what is your name? I thot it was Adobosikiski, Debola or Dobolabo? cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by DereI(f): 2:15pm On Mar 30, 2009
How do i post on [nairalist+s].com?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by 190: 11:11pm On Mar 30, 2009
dobo hw far na
mak i carry u go drink red label 2nite na!
Jst red label o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15)

Women's Submission Vs Men's Love / I fuckèd My Girlfriend Raw Yersterday, But See What Happened After (photo) / Man Films His Girlfriend For Having 3some With His Bestfriend/girlfriend (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.