Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,190 members, 7,916,499 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 03:22 AM

A Christian's Eid Mubarak Greeting To All Muslim Brothers! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Christian's Eid Mubarak Greeting To All Muslim Brothers! (947 Views)

Two Brothers Batter Church Ushers Over Indecent Dressing / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / A Christian Group Feeds Muslim Beggars On Sallah Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Christian's Eid Mubarak Greeting To All Muslim Brothers! by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 17, 2015
WHAT'S THE ESSENCE?

On a beautiful day like this, beams of smiles reflect on the faces of my Muslim brothers. 30 days on the 'mountain' isn't an easy task, mhen! Skipping my meals for 30 good days? Helloo! I don't joke with my meals. Call me an ijewuru (a yoruba word for gluttony), I don't care!

I really hail my Muslim brothers for going through this spiritual exercise. But wait! Is it a spiritual exercise or a mere religious gymnastic? The question is not rhetoric.

What's the essence of going on a 30-day fast only to continue in a sinful lifestyle afterwards?
What's the essence of setting yourself apart from sexual abuses, drinking, malice, wife battering, excessive anger and other unholy acts only to return to them after the 30 days 'spiritual exercise'?

Fasting is a separation unto God, and it should change you. You lifestyle is expected to be transformed after an encounter or separation unto God.

If your lifestyle doesn't change for the better, the ásk yourself...what's the essence of my 30-days separation from sin? Was it a fast or a mere hunger strike?

The fast should change your life for the best. It's only then the spiritual exercise can count, then God can answer your earnest prayers.

Enough of my preachings jare!

To my Muslim brothers and sisters, a big Eid Mubarak greetings from me to you! May you enjoy the rewards thereof! AMIN!

Allow me go and feed my 'ijewuru' stomach!
Re: A Christian's Eid Mubarak Greeting To All Muslim Brothers! by OmaBliss: 11:24am On Jul 17, 2015
Very true..

And my Muslim girlfriend was so happy and she said "finally, I can go clubbing" grin grin
Re: A Christian's Eid Mubarak Greeting To All Muslim Brothers! by Imgombe2016(m): 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2015
Thanks for this good presentation.J like you my friend
Re: A Christian's Eid Mubarak Greeting To All Muslim Brothers! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 17, 2015
OmaBliss:
Very true..

And my Muslim girlfriend was so happy and she said "finally, I can go clubbing" grin grin

lol
Re: A Christian's Eid Mubarak Greeting To All Muslim Brothers! by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 17, 2015
Cool

(1) (Reply)

How To Deal With Sexual Seduction / Incase You Didn't Go To Church Today. / Endtime Teaching On:making Your Life Count For Entetnity!topic: Making Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.