Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,868 members, 7,889,906 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:43 AM

Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH (990 Views)

Mama Taraba Shouldn't Blame Me, I Merely Reacted To An Original Story - FFK / Afe Babalola Supports Restructuring, Says Obasanjo Is Best President / EFCC Has Become Toothless Bull-dog, Says Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by ishowdotgmail(m): 2:49am On Jul 18, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Friday said the South-South geopolitical zone would reflect the performance of the immediate past President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, who is from the area.

Obasanjo stated this while fielding questions from members of the audience shortly after delivering a lecture at the 11th convocation of the Benson Idahosa University, Benin, Edo State.

He explained that the 2011 presidential election had presented the South-South an opportunity to produce the number one citizen of the country, as a minority zone, and would bear the consequences of his decisions as President for six years.

He also said what the former President did while in office was entirely his.

When asked whether he did not share any responsibility in the performance of Jonathan as an elder statesman and former chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, Obasanjo said, “I have also said that you can help anybody to get a job, but you cannot help him to do it. Let us get it clear, there is nobody who has got into any position who has not been helped by one person or more than one person.

“To become Nigeria’s head of state, it was first of all my performance in the war front. Now, if General Yakubu Gowon had not sent me to the war front, you won’t know whether I can perform or cannot perform.

“Now he sent me to the war front, I thank him for it. And because I performed, we shared the credit. If I have failed, Gowon would not have shared the credit; he would not have shared the condemnation with me. I will be alone.

“Yes as I have said, I believe that opportunity that afforded itself in 2010 to somebody from the minority tribe to become the President of Nigeria; he should never lose the opportunity.

“And don’t forget what he did or did not do with it will reflect for a long time on that part of the country and don’t take that lightly.

“What he did or did not do with it will reflect for a long time on that part of the country. But nobody will be there who will not be helped, but you voted for him, I was not the only one among 18 million voters who voted for him.”

On the leadership crisis rocking the 8th National Assembly, the former President said that the Assembly was experiencing “growing up hiccups” which he said was normal in a democratic system.

He said, “You know normally when you are growing up, you have what they call growing up hiccups. And that is nothing to worry about.

“It is part of growing up in our democracy.”

The former President, however, expressed concern over the high rate of youth unemployment in the country.

He said the challenge could leave Nigeria sitting on a keg of gunpowder if left unchecked.

Obasanjo said, “Whichever way you look at it, we have a large proportion of our youths who are unemployed. It doesn’t matter the statistics you use; at one time, they say it was 50 per cent. At another time, they say they rebased; we are never tired of rebasing in this country.

“They rebased and say it is 25 per cent. Even if it is 25 per cent, that will be about 25 million (unemployed) people.

“If we do not do something about it, we are all sitting on a keg of gunpowder because the youths that are unemployed will be angry and restless and any spark will set them off. "

http://www.punchng.com/news/dont-blame-me-for-jonathans-performance-says-obasanjo/

Cc:Lalasticlala
Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by Danjuma827(m): 2:50am On Jul 18, 2015
we can't blame you. we blame Jonathan for hanging out with unworthy set of people. Jonathan had good vision and mission but his cabinet was full of wolves in sheep clothing.

missing GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by Nobody: 2:50am On Jul 18, 2015
This political antiquated Ape should allow Gej to rest. Disgusting!
Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by deniyor: 2:53am On Jul 18, 2015
we don't
Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by madridguy(m): 2:54am On Jul 18, 2015
The Oracle of Owu have spoken. Comptroller of Nigeria politics OBJ.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by Nobody: 2:57am On Jul 18, 2015
what were obj's achievements if i may ask?
Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by kaelz(m): 2:59am On Jul 18, 2015
Ok

Next...
Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 18, 2015
Allow Gej rest now Ebora of Owu, u keep mentioning his name as if ur conscience dey affect u.
Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by madridguy(m): 3:04am On Jul 18, 2015
It is better you reframe your question : " what were PDP's 16 years in govt achievements if i may ask? "

Answer: Nothing

londongal03:

1 Like

Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by Nobody: 3:07am On Jul 18, 2015
madridguy:
The Oracle of Owu have spoken. Comptroller of Nigeria politics OBJ.

You yorubas and empty chest beating!!! Controller of nigerian politics indeed!!! A man who couldn't even win a mere senatorial election for his daughter!! Ogun PDP under kashamu in 2015 fared better than under this ape in 2011.

That GEJ lost had nothing to do with his outbursts or noisemaking!! Out of power he could not even win elections for PDP even in his ogun state and here you are here ranting thrash

1 Like

Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by madridguy(m): 3:11am On Jul 18, 2015
But he installed and UN-installed GEJ ?

chukwudi44:

You yorubas and empty chest beating!!! Controller of nigerian politics indeed!!! A man who couldn't even win a mere senatorial election for his daughter!! Ogun PDP under kashamu in 2015 fared better than under this ape in 2011.

That GEJ lost had nothing to do with his outbursts or noisemaking!! Out of power he could not even win elections for PDP even in his ogun state and here you are here ranting thrash

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by Nobody: 3:15am On Jul 18, 2015
madridguy:
It is better you reframe your question : " what were PDP's 16 years in govt achievements if i may ask? "

Answer: Nothing

your question goes to Obasanjo
Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by Nobody: 3:18am On Jul 18, 2015
ok

1 Like

Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by Nobody: 3:19am On Jul 18, 2015
madridguy:
But he installed and UN-installed GEJ ?

Nigerians voted in GEJ and the same Nigerians voted him out.Majority of the votes that ousted GEJ came from the North and not even OBJ's SW region.

Obasanjo only helped GEJ's political growth by fastracking him from deputy Governor to Vice-President.GEJ's even becoming president was an act of God after Yaradua died in power except you want to tell me OBJ mudered Yaradua

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by egift(m): 3:37am On Jul 18, 2015
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1980723_gejobj_jpeg199b8990923041240765895d770bda1d

Against all odds, Obasanjo made Jonathan what he was. But ignorance, Corruption and over-bearing wife cost him the opportunity to write his name in Gold.

GEJ should be blamed completely for his failures.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by madridguy(m): 3:45am On Jul 18, 2015
Part of his achievement: OBJ spent $16BN and when he left office we had capacity to generate 1200MW.

PDP means CANCER....lol

londongal03:
your question goes to Obasanjo
Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by Kc3000: 3:57am On Jul 18, 2015
Lmao. . .look at this Ota imb.ecile o. We never blame you finish for your own monumental failures, but you dey try hide behind Goodluck Jonathan. I guess his senile mind tells him that if he keeps screaming GEJ we might forget that he remains the embodiment of all that is wrong with Nigeria. GEJ graciously bowed out of power after 6 years to the admiration of all, but this idiat, after ruling Nigeria for 11 years had to be dragged out of Aso Rock by his agbada, as he sought an unconstitutional 3rd term.

I'll always salute that great African hero that ambushed Obasanjo at the Lagos airport and unleashed a hailstorm of punches and kicks before security operatives got to him. Such was the level of disgust and resentment Nigerians harbored towards Obasanjo for squandering a golden opportunity to get things right in Nigeria.
Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by ice25(f): 4:01am On Jul 18, 2015
Indeed this man has no iota of shame, no wonder iyabo resents him so much.

who can know a father more than the daughter does

Tufiakwa
Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by Flets: 4:05am On Jul 18, 2015
The vindictive son of destruction called Obj cannot afford to swallow the fact that GEJ called his bluff when he thought he mattered most.

And to make matters worse, he has no stake in the current govt despite screaming himself hoarse during the campaigns.

Even in the SW, the same Tinubu he loves to hate has more sway than he does in the scheme of things. 

And all of a sudden, he realises how powerless and inconsequential he has become despite his intrigues....... all because one certain GEJ he assumed he had in his pocket put him where he belong.

GEJ is out of power, So is Obj. As usual his rants will never end.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by luvmijeje(f): 4:16am On Jul 18, 2015
Initially, I didn't blame him but on a second thought I came to the realisation as a President who has access to intelligence, he would have known how corrupt and incompent Jonathan was as a former Governor.
Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by JAMANZE: 4:27am On Jul 18, 2015
Mr man you are the genesis of bad things that is happening in Nigeria today because as the first elected democratic president you had power and will to transform this country for 8 years but what did you do? you took the path of corruption and corrupted every member of your party PDP. What is happening now is the legacy you left us so deal with it. onye ara

1 Like

Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by ORACLE1975(m): 5:15am On Jul 18, 2015
awk
Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by boboLIL(m): 5:40am On Jul 18, 2015
GEJ is a great man......they are still talking him...... Missed hero.........

GEJ no mind them........weda good or bad....people must talk......
Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by Swiftboy(m): 6:28am On Jul 18, 2015
ATTENTION EVERYONE:
Please vote Nairaland rapper. His name is Blaqbones. Help vote and share https://polldaddy.com /user/demo47/
please help call mod to take this thread to the front page. This young man is really good and he's been on Nairaland for years. Lets support him. Check out this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/2454758/nairaland-rapperblaqbones-made-vectors-king#35911335 vote and share.
Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by omowolewa: 6:51am On Jul 18, 2015
We would blame Edwin Clerk, he told him there waas no problem when his government was full of it.

We blame it on his ministers who actually capitalised on his humility to soil their hands in corruption.

We blame it on MamaPeace who would started a 'tooth and nail' fight with everyone that means success to his hubby.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by azzima(m): 7:25am On Jul 18, 2015
londongal03:
he increased our foreign reserves while at the same time depleted our external loans to almost zero. Meanwhile, the Drunkard reduced our foreign reserves while at the same time INCREASED our external loans. This is no beer parlor talk , these are FACTS. I don't know why Nigerians can't reason well with facts because of ethnic sentiments. Like OBJ just said, what did Jonathan do for the SS with all his years in power??Zilch!!
Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by azzima(m): 7:29am On Jul 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

at least he was a military head of state once and a twice elected civilian president of Nigeria,now tell me just ONE Ibo man that got even just a quarter of those feats Zilch!!!!
Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:31am On Jul 18, 2015
The Biafra Seeking Bigots are soon to start wailing....
Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by engrjacuzzi: 7:48am On Jul 18, 2015
OBJ, this is raining season! go to your farm and do the needful and free gej. if pej starts to talk, you will say she is insulting you. we know gej isn't a politician of your category or a technocrat, but you were the same person that attested. the war should b BTW you n other past leaders n not gej.
Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by arabbunkum: 8:08am On Jul 18, 2015
Don't mind the old thief.
Re: Don’t Blame Me For Jonathan’s Performance, Says Obasanjo - PUNCH by Segadem(m): 8:40am On Jul 18, 2015
ok

(1) (Reply)

The "Sins" Of Sambo Dasuki / EU Ban Nigerian Food Exports / Igbo Should Play Opposition For 10 Years —igbokwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.