Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,874 members, 7,945,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 06:44 AM

Revealed! Dark Secrets About Majek Fashek #savingmajek - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Revealed! Dark Secrets About Majek Fashek #savingmajek (1131 Views)

Majek Fashek Attends House On The Rock Church, Lagos (Photos) / Linda Ikeji And Majek Fashek Strike A Pose / Majek Fashek Is Back, Leaves Rehab For The First Time (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Revealed! Dark Secrets About Majek Fashek #savingmajek by famobaba(m): 1:08pm On Jul 18, 2015
By MUSA JIBRIL

No one knows Majek better than Amos McRoy, last name Osifo, now pastor of Seed of Abraham International Christian Centre. The reggae artiste-turned-gospel singer also doubles as producer and CEO of Fresh Dew Studio. His cousin and former band mate, they grew up together. They once shared dreams of reggae greatness.

In interview exclusively granted to Entertainment Express Pastor Amos debunked the general notions attributing his cousin’s plight to drugs and alcoholism. His is indeed the real McCoy as far as the true story of Majek goes. Here again, we reprised what we regard as the “The Amos McRoy Revelation.”

Prisoner of Conscience was released to instant success. Success doesn’t change a person. It brings out the real you. Till tomorrow, Majek is still the same person in terms of humility, in terms of carriage and the rest of it. His problem: he listened to wrong advices. That is the root of his current predicament. Many people think Majek’s problem is drug-related. Truth is Majek’s problem is spiritual. Majek strayed into spiritism. Once, while on stage, Majek said, “Oh, Fela is my boy. Bob Marley is my boy”. He made that statement during a Rothmans Show at Tafawa Balewa Square and Dede Mabiaku, Fela’s protégé, went berserk. It took the intervention of Eddie Lawani to calm him. Dede didn’t quite understand what Majek was talking about. He was taking it from the physical sense, whereas Majek was talking spiritual. Majek went into spiritism at a lightning speed – like jumping from kindergarten straight to the university. Without a linking bridge. He was not properly schooled. So he couldn’t keep the rules. Majek totally “crossed the line” after the release of Prisoner of Conscience. Those days, we were sharing the same duplex at Anthony Village. I would see the Guru Maharaji people come to visit him. The same Guru Maharaji we all know, just starting out at the time. The Hare Krishna people also came. I thought “oh, this guy is popular, that’s why they are coming to him for one favour or another.” I didn’t know that it was deeper than that.

Majek released his album in April 1988. I released mine a year after. We were under the same management. We rehearsed at the same place, using the same band as back up. One day, we were coming from rehearsal; he was driving his Peugeot 505 car. One of our backup singers, Monica Omorodion (who now lives in the US), said “Bros

Amos, why is your record not making waves like Majek’s, or The Mandators, or Kimono?” Majek looked at me in the rear mirror and said, “Don’t mind Amos. He doesn’t want to ask me the road I passed to become a star. He thinks it is good record that makes someone a star”. When he made that......

MORE...>>>http://expressng.com/2015/07/revealed-dark-secrets-about-majek-fashek-savingmajek/

Re: Revealed! Dark Secrets About Majek Fashek #savingmajek by ukata16(m): 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
Why?
Complete it here!
Must we go to your blog?
Re: Revealed! Dark Secrets About Majek Fashek #savingmajek by Prec1ous(m): 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
The guys music are evergreen

www.collegereap.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

O M G!!! See 3(Three) Women Discussing The Size Of P€nⅰs (Must See For Ladies) / FFK And Precious Chikwendu Expecting First Baby (photo) / Mikel Obi playing with his twin girls (Adorable photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.