Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,435 members, 7,937,329 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 09:09 PM

We’ll Stamp Out Insurgency – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Stamp Out Insurgency – Osinbajo (587 Views)

We’ll Stamp Out Insurgency – Osinbajo / We’ll Stamp Out Insurgency – Osinbajo / We Will Stamp Out Insurgency!: Osibanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Stamp Out Insurgency – Osinbajo by blessednamso: 1:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
The Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, on Friday said the Federal Government was committed to stamping out the activities of insurgents in the country. Osinbajo said this in Gombe when he paid a condolence visit to families that lost their loved one to the Gombe central market twin blasts on Thursday. Osinbajo, “The incident is unfortunate; we are convinced we are going to stamp out insurgency in the country,” he said. Osinbajo said he was directed by President Mohammadu Buhari, to commiserate with the people of Gombe over the incident. “This morning when we paid the President Sallah homage, he asked me to come to Gombe to commiserate with the people, the Emir and governor of Gombe over the terrible incident that happened. “He said I should let them know that we are with them; we heard about the death of men, women and children and we feel your pains. “People should be rejoicing in celebration of Sallah but instead they are mourning; it is unfortunate,” he said. Osinbajo said it was the duty of the government to protect the lives and properties of the citizenry. “I salute the braveness of Gombe people. In spite of the unfortunate incident they are still in the market “This is because they know, it is only God that can protect them, men can only do their best,” he said. Governor Dankwambo, in his speech, thanked the Osinbajo for the visit, adding that the people of Gombe State were highly honoured with the gesture. The Emir of Gombe, Alhaji Abubakar Shehu, also thanked the vice president for the visit. He said the visit did not come to him as surprise considering the love Buhari and Osinbajo had for Gombe people and the entire north east. The News Agency of Nigeria reports that, the vice president visited the Federal Teaching Hospital Gombe, to see the victims of the blast. He also visited the scene of the blast and some bereaved families. It would be recalled that a twin blasts at Gombe central market on Thursday claimed over 50 lives and left many people wounded.

http://www.punchng.com/news/we-will-stamp-out-insurgency-osinbajo/
Re: We’ll Stamp Out Insurgency – Osinbajo by Panshow(m): 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
God bless my VP. Not some ghost workers we had sometimes back.
Re: We’ll Stamp Out Insurgency – Osinbajo by neyojoe: 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2015
grin
Re: We’ll Stamp Out Insurgency – Osinbajo by happykidArotiba(m): 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
With Ur Mouth? undecided
Re: We’ll Stamp Out Insurgency – Osinbajo by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
Yes we will.

Tell them Sir.

I have a strong feeling that Shekau is in Otuoke...let's send some badass SSS men to seal that house ....

Cos when you think of the helipad in Otuoke and Otukpo....and reconcile that with the helicopter that carries food to Sambisa....mehn...coded things
Re: We’ll Stamp Out Insurgency – Osinbajo by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2015
Government of "we will", for the "we will" and by the "we will".

I don tire for "we will".

1 Like

Re: We’ll Stamp Out Insurgency – Osinbajo by Reinvented: 1:22pm On Jul 18, 2015
Willing wailer? Baba, please do more and talk less
Re: We’ll Stamp Out Insurgency – Osinbajo by saintgp(m): 1:25pm On Jul 18, 2015
(in ike d deputy senate president's voice):talk is cheap,pls help me tell dat to pmb,my honorable commissioner,i beg ur pardon hon.vice president.
Re: We’ll Stamp Out Insurgency – Osinbajo by Harryzon(m): 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2015
At least it helpz...death toll rising since Buhari assumed office
Re: We’ll Stamp Out Insurgency – Osinbajo by maskengy: 2:07pm On Jul 18, 2015
Osinbajo Baba kekere u dey fall my hand jawe. Una don 4get ur campaign promises we will wipe out boko haram in two month, almost two month now u n ur baba giga assumed office nothing had bin done. Keep on telling nigerian we will til boko strike aso rock.

(1) (Reply)

All Nigeria People's Congress ? / PDP Lawmakers Warn Against Further Postponement Of Resumption Dat / Don't Humiliate Corruption Suspects - Bishop Onaiyekan Advises Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.