Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,366 members, 7,947,603 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 02:26 AM

Our President Contested For Presidency Just To Gain Respect ??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our President Contested For Presidency Just To Gain Respect ??? (811 Views)

Buhari Contested For President Many Times To Take Care Of Youths - Femi Adesina / " Our President Is Rulling Us With NEPA BILL As Certificate"- Lere Olayinka / " Goodluck Should Not Have Contested" Fayose Insists. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our President Contested For Presidency Just To Gain Respect ??? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2015
I was watching a discussion segment with the president and was confused when he answered the question about why he never gave up after losing a third time attempt.

In his response, he made mention of the soviet union but I didn't get clearly what he said there.
He went ahead to explain how he had been alone after he was released from prison. Only a few people came to him to discuss some issues.

He felt abandoned over those period of aloneness after his discharge from the prison and thought to himselve, "The only way I can be relevant/respected is for me to join politics."

He believed he was Rigged out in 2003 and the other election years.

Finally he got what he wanted in 2015 by defeating the Incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan. He has gotten the respect he wanted.

He is now faced with the responsibility of making Nigeria better for us and all which he sound very passionate about.
Re: Our President Contested For Presidency Just To Gain Respect ??? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 18, 2015
I
Re: Our President Contested For Presidency Just To Gain Respect ??? by temitemi1(m): 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2015
That's baba confusion for u cheesy

1 Like

Re: Our President Contested For Presidency Just To Gain Respect ??? by Adeyinka12(m): 3:00pm On Jul 18, 2015
Kokan aye.
He should did what make nigerians voted for him .
Re: Our President Contested For Presidency Just To Gain Respect ??? by bigiyaro(m): 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2015
pls pardon d poster above me.

2 Likes

Re: Our President Contested For Presidency Just To Gain Respect ??? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
Didn't you see SELF RESPECT in his manifesto?? grin
Re: Our President Contested For Presidency Just To Gain Respect ??? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
bigiyaro:
pls pardon d poster above me.
his sins are forgiven grin
Re: Our President Contested For Presidency Just To Gain Respect ??? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 18, 2015
kle4d:
Didn't you see SELF RESPECT in his manifesto?? grin

I never knew they had manifesto. All I saw was rallies with multitude of people. It was really entertaining for those multitudes that troops out for each rally even though I never saw fun in them.

Has got Self Respect. He is now working passionately, but sometimes, we need to watch the power of our passion. It can trample others to the ground if we focus on what we want. And not what is supposed to be.
Re: Our President Contested For Presidency Just To Gain Respect ??? by bamosagie(m): 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2015
Adeyinka12:
Kokan aye.

He should did what make nigerians voted for him .

1 Like

Re: Our President Contested For Presidency Just To Gain Respect ??? by Saifullah01: 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2015
I think I have heard him on that before, for the Soviet Union he was talking about how the collapse of that block led him to believe that only through a multiparty electoral system in a democracy can ascensions to power achieved, and that's why he had stuck to the democratic process in three futile attempts ending up in the Supreme Court twice.
He wasn't talking about why he wanted power so badly
Re: Our President Contested For Presidency Just To Gain Respect ??? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 18, 2015
Saifullah01:
I think I have heard him on that before, for the Soviet Union he was talking about how the collapse of that block led him to believe that only through a multiparty electoral system in a democracy can ascensions to power achieved, and that's why he had stuck to the democratic process in three futile attempts ending up in the Supreme Court twice.
He wasn't talking about why he wanted power so badly

You refreshed my memory. I now remember him talking about how they (Soviet Union) separated without firing a single shot. It was an honest discussion he had with the presenter.

But he has gotten the power. Let his quest for self respect as espoused by kle4d not make him to destroy the one he already has.
Re: Our President Contested For Presidency Just To Gain Respect ??? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2015
This English though:

(Our President Contested For Presidency Just To Gain Respect)

undecided undecided
Re: Our President Contested For Presidency Just To Gain Respect ??? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2015
emmyrichie:
This English though:

(Our President Contested For Presidency Just To Gain Respect)

undecided undecided

What do you think it should be so I can effect the change immediately?

(1) (Reply)

Okori VS Akpabio: 102 Witnesses To Testify In Court / Ben Murray-bruce Replies Man Who Said He Flew First Class... / Revealed! Read How Ooni Of Ife Really Died In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.