Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,484 members, 7,901,366 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 09:04 AM

U.S Vows To Pressurise Nigeria To Legalise Ga*y Marriage - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / U.S Vows To Pressurise Nigeria To Legalise Ga*y Marriage (486 Views)

Legalise The Illegal Refineries / My Opinion: Legalise Marijuana; Yay Or Nay? / United States Vows To Pressurize Nigeria To Legalize Gay Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S Vows To Pressurise Nigeria To Legalise Ga*y Marriage by AzontoGhost(m): 7:35pm On Jul 18, 2015
The US Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs, Linda Thomas- Greenfield has stated that they would continue to pressurize Nigeria until it legalizes same se*x marriage. She made this known on Monday July 13 during a live-web chat with journalists in Washington. "As a government, it is one of the highest priorities and strongest values that discrimination against anyone based on their se*xual orientation and gender identity is wrong. We believe human rights should be available to everybody. As a policy, we will continue to press the government of Nigeria, as well as other governments which have provided legislation that discriminate against the LGBT community. This is very much a work in progress, but I think you will agree with me that the law in Nigeria really went far in discriminating against this community but also people who associate with them. So, we will continue to press the government, to press the legislature to change these laws and provide human rights for all Nigerian people regardless of their sex*ual orientation With what is happening in the US, you can determine how far we are willing to go. We strongly believe human rights for all people and we are particularly opposed to legislation that actually targets the gay community for discrimination. So we are prepared to push this as a policy, not just in Africa but across the world.”
Re: U.S Vows To Pressurise Nigeria To Legalise Ga*y Marriage by ananwune: 7:36pm On Jul 18, 2015
Why Nigeria? Ett.
Re: U.S Vows To Pressurise Nigeria To Legalise Ga*y Marriage by donholy28(m): 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2015
Then they should get ready to commit suicide cause we won't
Re: U.S Vows To Pressurise Nigeria To Legalise Ga*y Marriage by fkpboss: 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2015
I said it
Re: U.S Vows To Pressurise Nigeria To Legalise Ga*y Marriage by psucc(m): 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2015
Yes. Our President is already there to take the bill to the NASS for deliberation.
Re: U.S Vows To Pressurise Nigeria To Legalise Ga*y Marriage by AzontoGhost(m): 11:42am On Jul 20, 2015
psucc:
Yes. Our President is already there to take the bill to the NASS for deliberation.
i dont believe this.
if so then Buhari of Nigeria fall ma hand sha!

(1) (Reply)

Sat Guru Maharaji Wades Into The Boko Haram Issues, His Advice To Buhari / Who Remember This? / Okada Ban In Ondo State Will Cause More Chaos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.