Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,196 members, 7,913,401 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 05:55 AM

Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? (38351 Views)

Do You Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? / What Make U Dislike A Guy Or Girl At First Sight / Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 19, 2008
9ja boi:

I dnt thnk it exists,
I thnk we mistake admire at 1st site 4 love at 1st site.
Get the diff.
You don't love immediately, love grows,
TRUE WORD
so true smiley
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 19, 2008
I dnt thnk it exists,
I thnk we mistake admire at 1st site 4 love at 1st site.
Get the diff.
You don't love immediately, love grows,
TRUE WORD

its not true
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by 9jaboi1(m): 12:27pm On May 19, 2008
jenny, wats ur point
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 19, 2008
my point is,i believe in love at first sight,simple
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by welli(f): 12:54pm On May 19, 2008
@ topic,der's nuttin like love at first sight.wat we feel at first sight is "chemistry" nd dats wat draws u closer to d gurl b4 love begins to grow.often times pple mistake chemistry (or feeling) 4 love.it actually takes a long time to fall inlove
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by Uby40(m): 1:15pm On May 19, 2008
I'd better be blind, than for me to believe there's something like "LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT"

i agree with Welli, that its just Chemistry, nowt more.

when we act to too fast about the 'feelings' we sparked with a fellow individual we saw for the 1st time, we only end up finding ourselves in a web of infactuation, and we may be too drowned to know what's right to do.it all ends up with deep regret and so much hurt.

Its more rewarding when we spend time to know the other person, thru friendship, until we are convinced, there's no need rushing love.

there's no need being in a hurry with love.
cos its doesnt grow old, nor die.
it has existed b4 we came, and its still gonna be around when we die.
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by welli(f): 1:36pm On May 19, 2008
@ cool . . ,in one sentence can u tell me d relationship btw ur reply nd d topic
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by janami(f): 1:49pm On May 19, 2008
i dnt think love at first sight exists, rather it is lust at first sight
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by whitelexi(m): 2:42pm On May 19, 2008
@Topic:

With all due respect, F*£$??//||#!\&^¬`#~!!!@"***!!!
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by welli(f): 2:43pm On May 19, 2008
we dont get ur point lexi
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by outlaws(m): 10:21am On May 20, 2008
cool

What’s Up Poster? To answer your question. The answer is yes. It does exist for some people that know the meaning of love. And for those that don’t know what love is then it doesn’t exist for them. First you have to know what love is to be able to answer this question. For those people who have responded to this thread if some one asked you can you define love. I hope you should be able to unless you just like filling up forums with your illusions.

Loving some one doesn’t mean you have to love everything about them or have everything in common with them. Think about this, assuming you can think, what about couples who met and after some years they claimed that they now love each other. Dose that still mean that they like everything about the other person? Hell no. So, this is actually a simple question, you may think you know what love is but you have no idea. Some times you don’t even have control over it. Ask those who have experienced it, they will not tell you because is not something to talk about with strangers or they may tell you.

The majority of nairaland users thinking that love at first sight doesn’t exist doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist, it just means that these group of people don’t know what love is or they have not experience it.
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by celestar(m): 10:34am On May 20, 2008
love at first sight never existed anywhere, people confused like for love which are two distinc word. love does not work like magic rather it passes through developmental stage, which begins with likeness then later metamorphous into love.
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by outlaws(m): 10:49am On May 21, 2008
cool

To:Celestar:
Your description of love is dumb, that's how some one in primary school would describe it
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by Nobody: 11:03am On May 21, 2008
roflmao cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by holychic: 11:18am On May 21, 2008
It's unfortunate that most people don't know the meaning of love. God is love and love was defined in 1 corinthians 13:4-8, I quote "Love is patient and kind. love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. it does not demand its own way. it is not irritable, and it keeps record of being wronged. it does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. love never gives up,never loses faith, is always hopeful,and endures through every circumstance. SO PLEASE WHEN NEXT U TALK ABOUT LOVE KNOW WHAT U'RE TALKING ABOUT. GOD BLESS.
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by kolaoloye(m): 11:21am On May 21, 2008
Love at first sight? NO
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by babyx(f): 11:32am On May 21, 2008
Love at First Sight i dont believe it exist. If we are talking about intimate love, it takes time to develop, the attraction you feel when you meet someone of the opposite sex is mere lust, a sexually pull to some unexplainable things about the person, this feeling should not be pursued, it should be carefully controlled. Its just a tempora emotion of the moment, if you obey the pull do not expect intimacy afterwards or any commitment. The feeling is vice versa.
My advise take time to know what kinda attraction you have, and know the implications of pursuing it. That is responsibilty as an adult, wink, BE READY!
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 26, 2008
love is more real than the air we breath. It is the most powerful force apart from faith, that can break all bounds whether u believe it or not. Its a wonderful thing to be in love. But there is no such thing as love at first sight. What u gat there is lust, a strong desire that will fade after satisfaction.

Love is like a seed that takes time to grow. Love is a decision u make and not magic. U can never know u are in love if u are not tasted by the forces of evil. Love finds expressions in different forms. To love is to be submissive and totally obiedient with the right mind. Love is not blind but intelligient and powerful. Love gives and expects nothing but also draws attention and rewards. Above all God is Love, He who loves Knows God.

Love has nothing to do with appearance, it is beyond mere words but it is capsulated in actions. Love that is not demonstrated is lust.
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by syren: 11:04pm On Nov 26, 2008
@ topic.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. It's a lie tongue
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by Sauron1: 11:08pm On Nov 26, 2008
syren:

@ topic.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. It's a lie tongue

There is LOVE at first sight. . . .
Matter of fact, there's love at NO sight.
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by whatever90(f): 11:10pm On Nov 26, 2008
~Sauron~:

i agree wt u on dis
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by syren: 11:13pm On Nov 26, 2008
~Sauron~:

Matter of fact, there's love at NO sight.

No there isn't you can't trully love somone without knowing them, or would you like to give an example to support your point while we sip on a glass of alize grin
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by chika98: 11:17pm On Nov 26, 2008
How about sex at first sight? Love ke?
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by Sauron1: 11:23pm On Nov 26, 2008
whatever90:

i agree wt u on this

This is the 1st time we have actually agreed on anything.
Ya French kiss is working magic.

syren:

No there isn't you can't trully love somone without knowing them, or would you like to give an example to support your point while we sip on a glass of alize  grin

Yes. . . . . . .I can give u an account of 2 streakers that fell in LOVE and got married on the internet.

There was this male streaker(in Australia) who disrupts game with his nudistic mentality(he has a pet-puppy).
On the other side of the world in America, there was anutha female streaker who does the same thing in football games in America who also had a puppy.
Someone linked em up on YOUTUBE because the similarities were TOO MUCH.

They started talking to each other but no one was willing to relocate as they were too broke to afford it.
After a while, they set up a trust fund on the internet and people contributed from all over the world($19,000)
11 months later, they decided to meet in one of the football games NAKED----Male streaker and Female streaker(It was so hilarious).

In short, let me look for the link on youtube.
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by syren: 11:26pm On Nov 26, 2008
chika98:

How about sex at first sight? Love ke?

my point exactly

~Sauron~:

This is the 1st time we have actually agreed on anything.
Ya French kiss is working magic.

Yes. . . . . . .I can give u an account of 2 streakers that fell in LOVE and got married on the internet.

There was this male streaker(in Australia) who disrupts game with his nudistic mentality(he has a pet-puppy).
On the other side of the world in America, there was anutha female streaker who does the same thing in football games in America who also had a puppy.
Someone linked em up on YOUTUBE because the similarities were TOO MUCH.

They started talking to each other but no one was willing to relocate as they were too broke to afford it.
After a while, they set up a trust fund on the internet and people contributed from all over the world.
11 months later, they decided to meet in one of the football games NAKED----Male streaker and Female streaker(It was so hilarious).

In short, let me look for the link on youtube.

did they not get to know eachother first? there has to be some communication you don't fall in love with someone just by looking at them
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by Sauron1: 11:29pm On Nov 26, 2008
syren:

my point exactly

did they not get to know eachother first? there has to be some communication you don't fall in love with someone just by looking at them

They did not. . . . .They fell in LOVE with no SIGHT.

Watch this classic LINK and tell me there's no LOVE at no SIGHT.
Get kleenex because you might shed some tears.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qtmdGMPgU7I&feature=related
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by syren: 11:37pm On Nov 26, 2008
~Sauron~:

They did not. . . . .They fell in LOVE with no SIGHT.

Watch this classic LINK and tell me there's no LOVE at no SIGHT.
Get kleenex because you might shed some tears.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qtmdGMPgU7I&feature=related

Hahahahaha grin That was not pretty. well i see ur point, love at no sight sure can exist, but i'm thinking of love at first sight before any words are exchanged that's still impossible to me.
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by Sauron1: 11:38pm On Nov 26, 2008
syren:

Hahahahaha  grin That was not pretty. well i see ur point, love at no sight sure can exist, but i'm thinking of love at first sight before any words are exchanged that's still impossible to me.

Many women LOVE Usher in Nigeria. . . . . .He doesn't even know these babes exist.
That is a classic example of LOVE at no SIGHT.
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by whatever90(f): 11:40pm On Nov 26, 2008
i blive in love at first sight
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by syren: 11:42pm On Nov 26, 2008
~Sauron~:

Many women LOVE Usher in Nigeria. . . . . .He doesn't even know these babes exist.
That is a classic example of LOVE at no SIGHT.

Come on now, he's a celebrity of course their gonna "love" him or rather his fame. If he was a regular street cleaner they wouldn't look twice. Ok then, why don't people fall in love with people they consider to be"ugly" if love at first sight exists?
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by Sauron1: 11:43pm On Nov 26, 2008
syren:

Come on now, he's a celebrity of course their going to "love" him or rather his fame. If he was a regular street cleaner they wouldn't look twice. Ok then, why don't people fall in love with people they consider to be"ugly" if love at first sight exists?

LOVE comes with physical attraction.
Everytime u see a guy walk up to u to chat you up, he musta seen something on you.
It is just normal. . . . . .It's the same way women screw their faces when they see a short man and lick their lips when they see TDHs.
Re: Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? by TOYOSI20(f): 11:51pm On Nov 26, 2008
@ Topic

I'm a strong believer in LUST at first sight lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation / Check Out My New Year Pictures, Shey I Fine? (pics) / Kenny Brandmuse Scared Of Returning To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.