Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,523 members, 7,975,080 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 04:28 PM

Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath (1600 Views)

Biafra: We Are One – Ikpeazu Says As He Receives Northern Colleagues / Biafra: We Stand With One Nigeria – Southern Senators’ Forum / Breaking; Radio Biafra Director, Nnamdi Kanu Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by McISRAEL(m): 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2015
On Monday, 10 May, 2004 i was in school when parents besieged our school gate demanding the release of their wards. Earlier, the alarm had been rung by the timekeeper who happened to be in the same class as myself, but the principal wouldn't allow us leave. Some youths were rioting in the city centre and, although the school was located north of the city, a distance of about 15km from the centre of the violence, the principal wouldn't allow us go home on our own because he couldn't guarantee our safety. He insisted on releasing us only to our parents or guardians. He didn't envisage that it would be an arduous, if not impossible, task. How would the principal and few teachers begin to sort about three thousand students? We didnt have the luxury of time and parents were impatient, so, he gave in and opened the gate.

As i walked out of the school gate, i didn't expect to see my guardian; he was at the other end of the city. He must have expected me to remain in Sabon gari but my friend assured me that we could take another route home.
It worked. For we got home safely that day, not so much because we knew the routes to take but because my friend spoke Hausa fluently. He would shout, "mu naku ne" - we are yours - anytime we approached group of boys and they would allow us pass.

We later got to know what, - or who, if you like - caused the riot. A cleric in one of the mosques along Zaria road had incited worshippers against the non Muslims in the state. Christians were attacked with all kinds of weapons and their properties destroyed in the riot that lasted till the following day. But that's no the genesis, for it was a reprisal attack.

On May 2, 2014, Muslims were attacked in Yelwa, a Christian dominated area in Bauchi state. Ordinarily, this was enough to cause tension in a state like Kano where Christians have been murdered for what happened in Pakistan, for Israeli strike on Palestinian and for America's invasion of Iraq. The people only needed a push, and the Kano preacher was magnanimous enough to give it to them.

So, when I heard about an illegal radio broadcasting in the south eastern part of Nigeria, I became worried. This station, radio biafra, is reported to be spewing gibberish, distorting facts and inciting the people of that zone against some certain ethnic groups and the Nigerian state. My worry soon grew into frustration when the Nigerian broadcasting commission could not cut off signals from this station for days. The promoters of this radio are trying to exploit the existing discontent in that region to cause unrest.

It's unfortunate that some mischievous people have tried to explain this as freedom of information. But freedom is not absolute; it comes with responsibility, and when your freedom threatens the peace of the community or the freedom of others, the government is duty bound to act.

Just like the sermon by that blood thirty preacher, the offensive message from this radio station can lead to a bloodbath in the south east. The promoters of hate must be stopped.

-Mark Ademola Israel

Source: http://pushed2write..com/2015/07/radio-biafra-we-must-avoid-this.html?m=1

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by Sall(m): 7:27pm On Jul 19, 2015
A word is enough for the wise
Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 19, 2015
Address the issue of injustice first and you will see it die naturally

Why are Yorubas the most troubled about Biafra

From Obasanjo saying that SE/SS will suffer because of GEJ presidency to Abike Dabiri talking of Radio Biafra to online Yorubas threatening that Igbos will not rule

TRUTH HAS A WAY OF PRICKING THE CONSCIENCE

WHEN ONE'S CONSCIENCE IS PRICKED, HE NEEDS TO RE-EXAMINE HIMSELF TO KNOW IF IT IS THE VOICE OF TRUTH OR FALSEHOOD SPEAKING

IF HIS CONSCIENCE IS AT PEACE AFTER HIS RE-EXAMINATION, THEN LET GOD BE HIS WITNESS

8 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2015
Frustrated people tend to leave the brain out of decision making.. Irresponsibility should not be tolerated from the so called agitators. If war starts, the poor will be left behind to die.. He rich can afford to travel out. Think my people ,think!
Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by donholy28(m): 7:39pm On Jul 19, 2015
yup...they want to leave in peace but the zoo won't allow it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by bingala: 7:43pm On Jul 19, 2015
trash..... stop BBC Hausa and Radio chanji first before Radio Biafra.....

THE ZOO MUST FALL

5 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by StOla: 7:46pm On Jul 19, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

From Obasanjo saying that SE/SS will suffer because of GEJ presidency to Abike Dabiri talking of Radio Biafra to online Yorubas threatening that Igbos will not rule

TRUTH HAS A WAY OF PRICKING THE CONSCIENCE

WHEN ONE'S CONSCIENCE IS PRICKED, HE NEEDS TO RE-EXAMINE HIMSELF TO KNOW IF IT IS THE VOICE OF TRUTH OR FALSEHOOD SPEAKING

IF HIS CONSCIENCE IS AT PEACE AFTER HIS RE-EXAMINATION, THEN LET GOD BE HIS WITNESS

Did Obasanjo mention SE?

Why must you always feel you need to align with SS to feel relevant?
You think Obasanjo has the time to be worrying over SE?

5 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by mustymatic(m): 7:47pm On Jul 19, 2015
bingala:

THE ZOO MUST FALL
See rubbish, BBC na for Hausa ppl?
Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by Kyase(m): 7:47pm On Jul 19, 2015
bingala:

THE ZOO MUST FALL
Ðont dare with Baba the half Blood prince. Am warning you.
Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by 9jii(m): 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2015
bingala:

THE ZOO MUST FALL
Because you can't have BBCbiafra?
BBC can't affiliate with fraud.

When that radio reached north i swear na bounty time.
I pray they should Continue

1 Like

Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by 7lives: 8:15pm On Jul 19, 2015
donholy28:
yup...they want to leave in peace but the zoo won't allow it

Oshi and iranu, why can't your senators ask for Biafra at the national assembly, abi their mouth has also been sealed or should i say shot down?.
I personally will not take you guys serious until i see a serious exodus towards the east, you guys can't sit your sorry ass in Lagos, Kano, Kaduna and other places in Nigeria while shouting in Biafra.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by bingala: 8:18pm On Jul 19, 2015
9jii:

chest beater...... Radio Biafra is only in South East and south south and you people are crying talk more of when we reach The heart of darkness (Lagos) and Abuja.......... you people will run enter Niger tongue
9jii:

chest beater...... Radio Biafra is only in South East and south south and you people are crying talk more of when we reach The heart of darkness (Lagos) and Abuja.......... you people will run enter Niger

4 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by ArodewilliamsT: 8:53pm On Jul 19, 2015
9jii:

No more monopoly of northern violence. Anytime you kill an Igbo please notify me. I am on groud in onitsha, i swear by God i will drown 10 ab0kis in river Niger. Your brothers here in onitsha and Aba never gist you? Biafra radio is coming to Kano and kaduna, carry your dagger enter sabongari, you won't come out alive. I DARE YOU.

5 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by PentiumPro(f): 8:58pm On Jul 19, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

No more monopoly of northern violence. Anytime you kill an Igbo please notify me. I am on groud in onitsha, i swear by God i will drown 10 ab0kis in river Niger. Your brothers here in onitsha and Aba never gist you? Biafra radio is coming to Kano and kaduna, carry your dagger enter sabongari, you won't come out alive. I DARE YOU.

Yibboee and chest beating are like bread and butter. cheesy
Na for PH you wan kill abokis in sabon gari in Kano? grin grin
Biafran twerp cheesy
Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by 9jii(m): 11:15pm On Jul 19, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

As always you like to hide an talk.

1 Like

Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by ArodewilliamsT: 6:10am On Jul 20, 2015
PentiumPro:

Yibboee and chest beating are like bread and butter. cheesy
Na for PH you wan kill abokis in sabon gari in Kano? grin grin
Biafran twerp cheesy

Bayo you and i know that the Ab0kis traders in the Onitsha and Aba the hardest burnt whenever Igbos are in kano. It happened during danish cartoon riots. It's in the not something we are proud of, but it was a very important reprisal that have drastically reduced the riot against Xtian Igbos.

Igbo reprisals in2006 ensured that silly Ab0kiis like 9jii didn't go around killing during the most recent charle hebdo mohammed cartoon brouhaha in france. I have no doubt that Igbo proactive reprisals have subsequently saved lives of yoruba slaves like you(though you'd like to deny) who can't lift a finger against their master emirate in kwara and Osun. You should thank the Igbos for restoring sanity to empty Ab0kii heads like 9jii.

3 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by superstar1(m): 6:21am On Jul 20, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Bayo you and i know that the Ab0kis traders in the Onitsha and Aba the hardest burnt whenever Igbos are in kano. It happened during danish cartoon riots. It's in the not something we are proud of, but it was a very important reprisal that have drastically reduced the riot against Xtian Igbos.

Igbo reprisals in2006 ensured that silly Ab0kiis like 9jii didn't go around killing during the most recent charle hebdo mohammed cartoon brouhaha in france. I have no doubt that Igbo proactive reprisals have subsequently saved lives of yoruba slaves like you(though you'd like to deny) who can't lift a finger against their master emirate in kwara and Osun. You should thank the Igbos for restoring sanity to empty Ab0kii heads like 9jii.

I laugh in tiv

The conquered and resoundingly defeated slaves are feeling like somebody when they are nobody. How can a slave restore sanity?

Start with the sanity of renaming Oyigbo back, changing all the Rumus back to Umus and regain back your fathers properties that were hijacked in PH, Calabar, Uyo etc and we shall really know you have the capacity to restore any form of sanity. Mscheeeeeeew.

Noise makers, chest beaters and bunch of delud clowns.
Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by ArodewilliamsT: 6:28am On Jul 20, 2015
superstar1:
[s]

I laugh in tiv

The conquered and resoundingly defeated slaves are feeling like somebody when they are nobody. How can a slave restore sanity?

Start with the sanity of renaming Oyigbo back, changing all the Rumus back to Umus and regain back your fathers properties that were hijacked in PH, Calabar, Uyo etc and we shall really know you have the capacity to restore any form of sanity. Mscheeeeeeew.

Noise makers, chest beaters and bunch of delud clowns.[/s]

Slave of the Emirate and zoogeria! E pain am! Lwmmkekvkwwdz!

2 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by superstar1(m): 6:30am On Jul 20, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Slave of the Emirate and zoogeria! E pain am! Lwmmkekvkwwdz!

I wish. Not even when it is the Ijaw house boys and the official Nigerian slaves that are talking.

2 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by PentiumPro(f): 7:38am On Jul 20, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Wwerry, today it's Bayo and not segun or egghead, your head will break soon. The easiest way for Biafra is just to kill one Abokii or a Nigerian solider unprovoked and see how fast Biafra will be yours
You' were defeated once and turned to 4th class citizens with clearly defined no go areas for you in Nigerian politics, economy and military until Obasanjo started giving you a bit of freedom. You are going back there again.
Empty flatheaddss
Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by sinkhole: 8:08am On Jul 20, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

Yorubas do not fight war that they are surely going to loose!
Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by Jaideyone(m): 10:33am On Jul 21, 2015
let them start another war. once you start you must be ready to feed yourselves. don't cry of starvation again cheesy

you are fighting Nigeria but you want Nigeria to keep feeding you.
bunch of clowns. like someone said earlier we need to see a mass exodus of ibos back to the east.
Re: Radio Biafra: We Must Avoid A Bloodbath by Ephemmm: 11:26am On Jul 21, 2015
ok

(1) (Reply)

Shovel Used To Serve Food At IDP Camp In Maiduguri (photos) / Ten Most Happening/groovey Cities In Nigeria. / How Many Nairalanders Remember This Jingle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.