Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,235 members, 7,977,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 11:45 AM

Black Pastor Jailed For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple In US - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Black Pastor Jailed For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple In US (1056 Views)

Zahra Buhari To Wed Ahmed Indimi - Abuja Reporters / END TIME!! Pastor Jailed In America For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple / Remi Tinubu Refusing To Shake Saraki (See Real Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Pastor Jailed For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple In US by soropee: 10:32pm On Jul 19, 2015
A pastor at the Christian Proctor Church in Vermont, has been sentenced to one year imprisonment for refusing to wed a gay couple.

The Honorable Myron Danus in his verdict said, “Religious freedom goes both ways, Mr. Horner,” Danus told a packed courtroom.

“It is not your place to deny individuals the same rights that everyone else has, rights that were passed down and agreed upon in a court of law, the ultimate court, the Supreme Court. It is not your decision whether or not you agree with the law but more importantly that you follow it and enforce it.”
The Pastor, 56-year-old Paul Horner, had his lawyer speak to reporters on his behalf:

“We are currently disputing the guilty verdict and I am confident my client will be a free man here shortly,” said attorney Tom Downey.

“Horner was just using his best judgment according to his rights and religious freedom in this country.”

NBC reports that the Christian Proctor Church is registered with the state as a “religious corporation” limited to performing “one-man-one-woman marriages as defined by the Holy Bible.”
But the church is also registered as a for-profit business and city officials said that means the owners must comply with state and federal regulations.

Steve Shand, president of the Vermont Family Research Committee, said it is “open season on Americans who refuse to bow to the government’s redefinition of marriage.”

“Homosexuals are g#y,” Shand told reporters. “Why should Christian ministers be forced to perform and celebrate any marriage that conflicts with their beliefs? It’s a slippery slope my friend. Pretty soon these same pastors will be forced to wed animals or kitchen appliances. This is not my America!”

But one Gwen Hawkins who is president of the LGBT Pride Center said she is happy with the court.

“We just want the same rights as everyone else and this guilty verdict sets a great precedent,” Hawkins said.

“These fanatical Christians base their life on one verse in the Bible but they seem to forget the other 99% of the verses in the book. For example, why can’t we stone to death Bristol Palinfor having a baby out of wedlock? And what about her mother, Sarah Palin, breaking the rules of Corinthians 14:34 which clearly state that as a woman, she is not allowed to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. But no, they like to pick the one verse in the Bible about gay people and build their camp around it,” reports NBC.
Black pastor jailed for refusing to wed gay couple in US - How Africa

Source:
http://howafrica.com/black-pastor-jailed-for-refusing-to-wed-gay-couple-in-us/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Jetheights+%28Jobemy+Nigeria%29
Re: Black Pastor Jailed For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple In US by podosci(m): 10:34pm On Jul 19, 2015
If the black pastor does not like what he is enjoying in USA, he can relocate back to Africa, here Gay is illegal but we are all dying of disease and poverty

1 Like

Re: Black Pastor Jailed For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple In US by xender(m): 10:34pm On Jul 19, 2015
blessed are those who suffer 4 righteousness sake 4 ders iz ..........

3 Likes

Re: Black Pastor Jailed For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple In US by greatness22(m): 10:46pm On Jul 19, 2015
angry
Re: Black Pastor Jailed For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple In US by donholy28(m): 10:50pm On Jul 19, 2015
Nawah o wonders shall never end....did he commit a crime?
Re: Black Pastor Jailed For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple In US by Zonacom(m): 10:56pm On Jul 19, 2015
Now this shit is getting outta hand
Re: Black Pastor Jailed For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple In US by adegwurulez(m): 11:10pm On Jul 19, 2015
okay this doesn't make sense. So the pastor was jailed for denying them their freedom of association? How about you show up to my party without an invite and i turn you back, will i also get jailed cos in a way, i just denied you your freedom of association.

Or maybe you came to my church dressing lewd and my ushers prevent you from entering, should i start looking for a good lawyer to defend my ass in court and prevent me from going to jail for denying you your freedom of religion?

2 Likes

Re: Black Pastor Jailed For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple In US by Danjuma827(m): 11:14pm On Jul 19, 2015
I don't know what is wrong with this US. And can Steve and Steve marry. Who will they born? Hmmm well I don't know why some pastors are still staying there. We know you are all full of annointing but pls come home we need you more than them. Don't let them embarrass you because of your faith

1 Like

Re: Black Pastor Jailed For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple In US by hamzakito(m): 11:23pm On Jul 19, 2015
eya.... Godday oo
Re: Black Pastor Jailed For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple In US by Octaves(m): 11:28pm On Jul 19, 2015
America is getting more useless everyday. So the gay couple couldnt go to federal establishments to get their certificate of buggery. They had to bait a church with full knowledge that the church has different beliefs. Why do they even go to church? I thought they hate God. Soon, they will start wedding kitchen appliances

2 Likes

Re: Black Pastor Jailed For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple In US by nnachukz(m): 11:31pm On Jul 19, 2015
is that church the only Church in USA. why didn't the couple go to another church to get wedded? to wed them na by force? na wa o. may God see the pastor through this persecution.

1 Like

Re: Black Pastor Jailed For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple In US by praizbenjamin(f): 6:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
Danjuma827:
I don't know what is wrong with this US. And can Steve and Steve marry. Who will they born? Hmmm well I don't know why some pastors are still staying there. We know you are all full of annointing but pls come home we need you more than them. Don't let them embarrass you because of your faith
steve+steve=steven
Re: Black Pastor Jailed For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple In US by smsshola(m): 7:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
What is America turning into...let the saint work hard cos more evil wl still come up. But I love the pastor better go to jail than compromise his faith.
Re: Black Pastor Jailed For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple In US by IAMTHEHERO: 7:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
What nonsense is this?
Re: Black Pastor Jailed For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple In US by smsshola(m): 7:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
To live is Christ but to die is gain.
Re: Black Pastor Jailed For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple In US by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
podosci:
If the black pastor does not like what he is enjoying in USA, he can relocate back to Africa, here Gay is illegal but we are all dying of disease and poverty

I will rather be a lion in the jungle than be a dog in the city. People are looking elsewhere for greener pastures beside America and they are making it big time.
Re: Black Pastor Jailed For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple In US by sweetgala(m): 7:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
FAKE

This news article has been confirmed as fake, There is legislation present to protect the right to religious freedom, as there is a separation of church and state. The day a pastor sees jail because of a Gay couple Obama should jejeli carry his family and vacate the white house, he'll get impeached
Re: Black Pastor Jailed For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple In US by AWONEYAN(m): 8:46pm On Jul 20, 2015
The spirit of antichrist at work!!! America whose theme is in God we trust now do what will God's anger to burn against them..when you see desolation in holy place.....parable of the end time. May the Lord encourage true men of God who stands for the truth

(1) (Reply)

b / in Port Harcourt: Yet Another Police Killing Of An Innocent Person / When Borrow From Your Wife To Bet On Arsenal Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.