Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,130 members, 7,977,263 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 12:42 AM

Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X (13101 Views)

10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) / 11 Things FRSC Wants Vehicle Owners To Carry / Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by chucks231(m): 7:56am On Nov 08, 2020
Pls I need help my MDX 2005 is not driving smoothly, there is a noise from the back which makes it look like my tires are bad but it’s not , i already changed everything at the four legs, still I hear that noise when I turn either sides but stops as I increase velocity and also my vtm-4 button doesn’t work it pops on my dashboard
When vtm-4 pops out I don’t hear the noise
My mechanic says it’s back axle, I am tired of trial by error arrangements I need help pls����
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ichakaobos(m): 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2020
Go for scan and come back with the results.

1 Like

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by weyreypey: 7:41pm On Nov 10, 2020
chucks231:
Pls I need help my MDX 2005 is not driving smoothly, there is a noise from the back which makes it look like my tires are bad but it’s not , i already changed everything at the four legs, still I hear that noise when I turn either sides but stops as I increase velocity and also my vtm-4 button doesn’t work it pops on my dashboard
When vtm-4 pops out I don’t hear the noise
My mechanic says it’s back axle, I am tired of trial by error arrangements I need help pls����

Sorry
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by radautoworks: 4:06am On Nov 11, 2020
AN MDX THREAD!!!

*squeals in delight*
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by weyreypey: 4:13am On Nov 11, 2020
radautoworks:
AN MDX THREAD!!!

*squeals in delight*

Squeal?
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by radautoworks: 4:15am On Nov 11, 2020
weyreypey:

Squeal?
smiley
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by weyreypey: 4:16am On Nov 11, 2020
radautoworks:
smiley

You're "harassing" me.

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ichakaobos(m): 9:54pm On Aug 05, 2022
I have used 3. Don't know which other car beats this one.
All you want in a ride. I speak for this brand.

6 Likes

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by hothead(m): 3:46pm On Aug 11, 2022
2008 MDX, Been having issues with my battery terminal. It makes my battery so hot and run down and makes car refuse to start until it is cold..

They said its the alternator but I don't see the battery lights on at dashboard..

Any one had this issue b4?
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by hailtopsy(m): 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2022
Hello Guys,

MDX 08 for sale in perfect condition.

- Full options
- AC perfect condition
- Unscathed interior
- DVD player
- 6 CD loader
- New tyres
- Reverse Camera
- Auto boot lift
- Security Key

Kindly chat or call me on 08057480091

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by sniperwolf(m): 8:30pm On Aug 11, 2022
hothead:
2008 MDX, Been having issues with my battery terminal. It makes my battery so hot and run down and makes car refuse to start until it is cold..

They said its the alternator but I don't see the battery lights on at dashboard..

I had same problem with my Accord until I changed my kick-starter. Change your kickstarter and you will be fine
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by 9icetoo(m): 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2022
hothead:

Replace the ground wire.

It corrodes internally on some cars.

Also consider replacing other grounding cables after inspecting them.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by 9icetoo(m): 9:03pm On Aug 11, 2022
sniperwolf:

I had same problem with my Accord until I changed my kick-starter. Change your kickstarter and you will be fine

Check this too but before replacing the starter, does it turn over when the engine is hot?

If it doesn't, then the starter may be your problem.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by 735i(m): 10:59pm On Aug 11, 2022
ichakaobos:
I have used 3. Don't know which other car beats this one.
All you want in a ride. I speak for this brand.

Bro...is the last picture a 2016? I'm on the verge of getting one. Can we relate? Need to know what to expect.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Paganizonda: 8:35am On Aug 12, 2022
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by hothead(m): 1:26am On Aug 14, 2022
Thanks guys, I will go thru all the checks
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ichakaobos(m): 2:18pm On Aug 14, 2022
Replace the battery terminal. Yet again wash the battery terminal first, then tighten the washer/screw till it's firm
and observe it. Had this issue at a time. But don't remember changing alternator.
hothead:

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ichakaobos(m): 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
735i:

Bro...is the last picture a 2016? I'm on the verge of getting one. Can we relate? Need to know what to expect.
Expect how?
What do you want to know?
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by sonety2k(m): 8:42pm On Sep 18, 2022
Following
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by EragonSaint042: 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2022
Greeting MDXers
Am new as per new account but old nairaland follower.

There is this MDX 2006 Touring a lady want to sale to me.
Am planning on going to check it out this weekend

This is my first car, please what and what should I look out for and which year of the MDX has transmission issue.

I was attracted to it cuz of the clean engine.

Pls I need an advice and guideline.
Thanks

@HOTARIO @GAZZUZZ @ichakaobos

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by 9icetoo(m): 6:28pm On Sep 19, 2022
EragonSaint042:
Greeting MDXers
Am new as per new account but old nairaland follower.

There is this MDX 2006 Touring a lady want to sale to me.
Am planning on going to check it out this weekend

This is my first car, please what and what should I look out for and which year of the MDX has transmission issue.

I was attracted to it cuz of the clean engine.

Pls I need an advice and guideline.
Thanks

@HOTARIO @GAZZUZZ @ichakaobos
Check the trans thoroughly.

The engine is robust. It's a workhorse.

Drive the car on a long distance at least 100km to put the trans through it's paces.

You will obviously have to pay for the petrol for this jaunt.

If all other things check out, pay. It's a good car.

1 Like

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by EragonSaint042: 6:33pm On Sep 19, 2022
[quote author=9icetoo post=116821589]

Drive the car on a long distance at least 100km to put the trans through it's paces.

Thanks
Pls what do u mean by Jaunt
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by EragonSaint042: 6:34pm On Sep 19, 2022
[quote author=9icetoo post=116821589]

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by EragonSaint042: 6:34pm On Sep 19, 2022
Thanks
Pls what do u mean by *Jaunt*
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by 9icetoo(m): 10:50am On Sep 20, 2022
EragonSaint042:
Thanks
Pls what do u mean by *Jaunt*
Jaunt means a short journey made for pleasure. Simply put, it means same as journey.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ichakaobos(m): 9:59pm On Sep 26, 2022
Check service history or how it's been in use.
Why is she selling
Take a drive and test the gear, linkages, bow joint.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hidden Features You Didn't Know Your Car Had? / Lagos Commissions Eight New Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers / How To Prepare Your Vehicle For Travel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.