Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,398 members, 7,978,265 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 01:11 AM

FYI: Beware Of This Scam Recruitment Email: Federal Appointment - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FYI: Beware Of This Scam Recruitment Email: Federal Appointment (5277 Views)

Be Warned! Dont Fall A Victim Of This Scam / Everything You Want To Know About This Scam Called MMM / Man Arrested For Selling Appointment Letters (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FYI: Beware Of This Scam Recruitment Email: Federal Appointment by odeexpress(m): 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,

I received the scam email this afternoon.

ATTN: DEAR SIR.

STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL:From the office of the chief protocol to the president. Dear Sir. As a nominee you are directed to scan/forward your CV/BIODATA with one passport photograph of your true resemblance to the office of the secretary to the govt of the federation for federal appointment Asap via this E-mail: chairman.screeningcommittee@presidency.com

Best wishes
Chief. Williams Odiah

press unit.OSGF
+2348059828695.

I feel the email was suspicious for the following reasons:

I never applied for a job, yet I was notified of an appointment.

The email address "chairmanscreeningcommitteeosgf@hotmail.com” gives it away. Using ‘Hotmail’ for a recruitment notification is highly suspicious

A notification with ‘FEDERAL APPOINTMENT’ is suspicious. It is too general.

The content as well as the general tone, use of abbreviation, lack of punctuation of the email shows desperation.

Be cautious

Re: FYI: Beware Of This Scam Recruitment Email: Federal Appointment by Lilyomi(f): 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2015
Criminals can b creative!

1 Like

Re: FYI: Beware Of This Scam Recruitment Email: Federal Appointment by odeexpress(m): 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
Lilyomi:
Criminals can b creative!

They apply the creativity wrongly.
Re: FYI: Beware Of This Scam Recruitment Email: Federal Appointment by Julbu(m): 11:09am On Feb 03, 2022
Can you imagine, got the same mail today. Criminals are still doing same. Thanks for creating this thread 7years ago.
Re: FYI: Beware Of This Scam Recruitment Email: Federal Appointment by akinrinnola178: 12:08pm On Feb 03, 2022
sad
Re: FYI: Beware Of This Scam Recruitment Email: Federal Appointment by Peterdee: 12:55pm On Oct 12, 2022
Thank you for this. I also received same email today. After checking Google, I saw your warning post on Nairaland. Regards.
Re: FYI: Beware Of This Scam Recruitment Email: Federal Appointment by BigCowHornn: 3:46pm On Oct 12, 2022
It was sent from a computer running windows 10.
There is nothing official about it.
Re: FYI: Beware Of This Scam Recruitment Email: Federal Appointment by Olabima: 4:08am On Feb 21, 2023
Please help me oh, I already forwarded my cv and passport. I hope I am safe.

(1) (Reply)

I Don’t Know My Husband Was A Kidnapper!- Evans' Wife(photos) / Disguised Mad Man Caught Beheading A Mad Woman In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) / RIP: Photos Of Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram Surface Online (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.