Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,899 members, 7,889,964 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:55 AM

Homosexuals Storm National Assembly - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Homosexuals Storm National Assembly (30642 Views)

Pro Obanikoro Storm National Assembly / Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly / Homosexuals Storm National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by bawomolo(m): 7:03pm On Mar 12, 2009
If no one tries to impose their own way on others, there would be no need to insult anyone else.

the problem is that it's we heterosexual that are trying to impose our standards on them. Whether they are gay by choice or genetics is no ones business.  Nigeria as an ALLEGEDLY secular country should be able to give minorities their full rights.  We live in a country where some people have problems with women wearing jeans so it's no surprise yall want to kill and stone the homos
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by bawomolo(m): 7:05pm On Mar 12, 2009
they are already protected. Are we stoning them or refusing them jobs on grounds of sexual orientation?

be honest. you are CEO of a company, would you hire homosexuals if you had knowledge of their sexuality. Would you be on friendly terms with an homosexual family member of yours?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by davidylan5: 7:05pm On Mar 12, 2009
0thello:

The idea that a person can be "lured" to being gay is incredibly retarded.

The idea that you choose to be gay or straight is also retarded.

If you choose to be gay or choose to be straight does that mean we're born bisexual by default?

LoL I don't know what education in psychology, sociology and biology some people have had here but it is obvious that the level of education is substandard. Homosexuality at the moment is a really tough case, since people CAN be born as trans-gender, meaning they can literally have the brain functionality of the opposite sex.

the problem is we have substituted mindless psychology for facts. The LIE that you can be born gay has absolutely no basis in facts . . . and i stand corrected on that.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by AfroCynic: 7:05pm On Mar 12, 2009
JustGood:

why do you expect anyone to change their mind to folow your own way of thinking?

If no one tries to impose their own way on others, there would be no need to insult anyone else.

I am not tryna force my view on anyone, it's just I am just rather baffled as to how people can blithely call for the random execution of other humans because of their sexual orientation, it leaves me astounded but I do not know why, I mean I am used to unabashed myopia from some NLer.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 12, 2009
Moonstone:

Let me outline them for you.
They make you feel very very very uncomfortable with yourself. Imagine walking down the street and see two guys heavily making out as in hands going places, the whole nine yards and tell me what you will do.

They just really make you feel uncomfortable and a lot of them are so open about their sexuality. What they do is to describe their experiences to you in detail, step-by-step. . . .leaving nothing out. They tell you they are Hot and tell you what they feel like doing. They describe someone's body to you and if you're a guy, it's really gross. If you're a girl, it's very shameful.

It's a brutal experience. Fortunately, I only dealt with that in my undergrad.

this was one of my first replies

they are consenting adults. the fact that two men decide to stick each other in the bum and live their lives together does not take any skin off my back. granted, the sight of male / females couples may be distasteful/aggravating, but thats all it is. i have enough sins of my own that i have not accounted for - why should i be bothering with those of others'?

alot of people who stayed on campus have had to deal with unruly roomates and friends. some have no problem with shagging their girlfriends with you in the room. so whats the difference? if you are the religious kind, that is also an assault . deal with it. avert your eyes.in school,  when some of my more wayward friend talked about their escapades, i also felt sick
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by davidylan5: 7:06pm On Mar 12, 2009
bawomolo:

be honest. you are CEO of a company, would you hire homosexuals if you had knowledge of their sexuality. Would you be on friendly terms with an homosexual family member of yours?

YES! As long as you keep your homosexuality behind your bedroom doors.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by 0thello: 7:06pm On Mar 12, 2009
LMFAO Marriage is nothing ore than a societal contract, it has NOTHING to do with gender. The skies don't part and the seas don't split, there is no sanctity in marriage so this romancing of it is one bad joke after another. You can have a public display, ceremony, ritual or whatever but apart from that marriage is only a societal contract that has its share of benefits and drawbacks. Why would you want to deny other people of that same ability to form such social contracts?

It's highly ironic that anybody here would be so opposed to the freedom and rights of other people whom aren't causing harm to anybody else.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by JustGood(m): 7:06pm On Mar 12, 2009
bawomolo:

the problem is that it's we heterosexual that are trying to impose our standards on them. Whether they are gay by choice or genetics is no ones business.  Nigeria as an ALLEGEDLY secular country should be able to give minorities their full rights.  We live in a country where some people have problems with women wearing jeans so it's no surprise yall want to kill and stone the homos

Why should anyone want to kill them? They should just keep their sodomic tendencies to themselves and not publicly try to make innocent people turn into sodomites as well.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by MrCrackles(m): 7:06pm On Mar 12, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Then why are some calling for them to be hanged? Why should we kill humans because they are nonviolent deviants?

I personally dont support the killing of batty twats as long as they play thier position and dont step beyond it!

When they make that leap beyond it, then i am all out ready for military war which will definitely lead to violent bloodshed
! tongue grin
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Pataki: 7:07pm On Mar 12, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Fine, but why should their innocuous choice be justification to deprive them of their fundamental human rights? Have you condemned the many people
1. that joyously choose to have premarital sex?
2. that joyously choose to commit adultery?
3. that joyously choose to have sex with inanimate objects (drilling a hole in the mattress is not uncommon among teenage boys in Naija, especially in boarding houses)?
4. that joyously choose to commit incest (your former president and her daughter-in-law who even admitted her own dad had sex with her)?
5. that joyously choose to have sex with minors (I know guys in their twenties and thirties banging 15 and 16 year old girls in Naija)?
6. that joyously choose to exploit Nigerian girls (80% of Nigerian politicians, the men, exploit Nigerian young ladies, using them as sex slaves in a country where girls sell their bodies to get some reprieve from grinding poverty)?
7. that joyously choose to abuse Nigerian female students (male lecturers and professors regularly exploit female students by giving them good grades and getting sex in return)?

I believe homosexuality is a wrong choice, however, I also believe that their fundamental human, legal and civil rights must be protected!

What fundamental human rights? Every deviation from the norm has its dire consequences. It is obtainable with any society. How many societies tolerate: rape, bestiality, fornication, pre-marital sex, murder, etc, all in the name of tolerance and human right. Homosexuality is wrong and if caught in the act, one should be ready to face the tune of the music as applicable under the law.

Homosexuality should NEVER be tolerated in Nigeria.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Badriyyah(f): 7:07pm On Mar 12, 2009
Let us hang all Black people. I don't like the colour of their skin. grin
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by 0thello: 7:08pm On Mar 12, 2009
AT THE END OF THE DAY:

Nigeria is a supposed to be a secular country run via a democracy.

Can anyone name one actual thing WRONG with homosxuality, one thing that endangers the public and other people?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sauron1: 7:09pm On Mar 12, 2009
JustGood:

Why should anyone want to kill them? They should just keep their sodomic tendencies to themselves and not publicly try to make innocent people turn into sodomites as well.

Sodomites are the most violent set of people in the world.
They are twisted, they commit grievous crimes and they don't deserve any kinda rights.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by davidylan5: 7:11pm On Mar 12, 2009
0thello:

LMFAO Marriage is nothing ore than a societal contract, it has NOTHING to do with gender. The skies don't part and the seas don't split, there is no sanctity in marriage so this romancing of it is one bad joke after another. You can have a public display, ceremony, ritual or whatever but apart from that marriage is only a societal contract that has its share of benefits and drawbacks. Why would you want to deny other people of that same ability to form such social contracts?

It's highly ironic that anybody here would be so opposed to the freedom and rights of other people whom aren't causing harm to anybody else.

una seem am now? My dear, marriage, when it was FIRST defined in the US constitution was about ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN so your notion that it has nothing to do with gender is baseless propaganda.
There IS sanctity in marriage . . . if it wasnt you wont be struggling to force homosexual unions under the banner of marriage. Why cant you come up with your own social contract? Why take marriage too?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by JustGood(m): 7:11pm On Mar 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

They are twisted, they commit grievous crimes and they don't deserve any kinda rights.

I agree that they are twisted but then we dont want to become murderers on their account. They should be allowed to have their own colony where they can tear into each others' a*ses as they like and when they kill themselves finally, we'll all be rid of their scourge
grin
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by lucabrasi(m): 7:11pm On Mar 12, 2009
@bawomolo
rather than calling us bigots and behaving like those from the middle ages,the pertinent question you should ponder is that
who determines what is aceptable and unaceeptable?
the western media?

once upon a time,we didnt believe in GOD nd they told us we r barbarians,savages e.t.c now that we believe in GOD and according to the lords word these things are sins we are being likened to  savages from the middle ages grin grin
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by bawomolo(m): 7:13pm On Mar 12, 2009
JustGood:

So basically you are fine as long as homosexuals are a subordinate minority.  hmm history seems to be repeating itself.   How can someone be turned into an homosexual?

~Sauron~:

word Pol Pot and Stalin were sodomites,  Hitler was a fan of the gays too.

Hmm who made marriage between one man and woman, does that mean polygamous households violate the holy sanctity of marriage?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by RichyBlacK(m): 7:13pm On Mar 12, 2009
0thello:

AT THE END OF THE DAY:

Nigeria is a supposed to be a secular country run via a democracy.

Can anyone name one actual thing WRONG with homosxuality, one thing that endangers the public and other people?

And one of the most important, but often overlooked, aspects of democracy is the protection of "minorities". Homosexuals are minorities everywhere, and so deserve special protection from the majority.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by chamotex(m): 7:14pm On Mar 12, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Fine, but why should their innocuous choice be justification to deprive them of their fundamental human rights? Have you condemned the many people
1. that joyously choose to have premarital sex?
2. that joyously choose to commit adultery?

3. that joyously choose to have sex with inanimate objects (drilling a hole in the mattress is not uncommon among teenage boys in Naija, especially in boarding houses)?
4. that joyously choose to commit incest (your former president and her daughter-in-law who even admitted her own dad had sex with her)?
5. that joyously choose to have sex with minors (I know guys in their twenties and thirties banging 15 and 16 year old girls in Naija)?
6. that joyously choose to exploit Nigerian girls (80% of Nigerian politicians, the men, exploit Nigerian young ladies, using them as sex slaves in a country where girls sell their bodies to get some reprieve from grinding poverty)?
7. that joyously choose to abuse Nigerian female students (male lecturers and professors regularly exploit female students by giving them good grades and getting sex in return)?

I believe homosexuality is a wrong choice, however, I also believe that their fundamental human, legal and civil rights must be protected!

So then will you ever see these people you've mentioned storm the National Assembly in order to change the law in favour of their respective acts? undecided undecided
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Moonstone(f): 7:14pm On Mar 12, 2009
0thello:

LoL I don't know what education in psychology, sociology and biology some people have had here but it is obvious that the level of education is substandard. Homosexuality at the moment is a really tough case, since people CAN be born as trans-gender, meaning they can literally have the brain functionality of the opposite sex.
Please show me the proof and I'll keep quiet. What is the genetic basis for this. What part of the brain makes you like someone that is the same sex like you. What method of natural selection condones such act?

oyb:

this was one of my first replies

alot of people who stayed on campus have had to deal with unruly roomates and friends. some have no problem with shagging their girlfriends with you in the room. so whats the difference? if you are the religious kind, that is also an assault . deal with it. avert your eyes.in school, when some of my more wayward friend talked about their escapades, i also felt sick
Deal with it? Do you know what that has on you as a person? The sight is awful fine. But if you read what I said, they are very open about their sexuality. I have had some really cool lesbian friends and when they start talking about their sexual relations, it takes me every muscle in my body not to bolt. The thing about Homosexuality is that because they are a minority when it comes to sexuality, they feel the need to overflaunt it and try and make people feel comfortable with that concept.
One of them was talking to me telling me how she and her girlfriend did some stuff. Granted, I'm cool with the fact that she's a lesbian, how do you tell her you're not comfortable with that aspect of her life? Have you been to a gay bar? Obviously, you have not dealt with how they force their choice on you. They know no one is comfortable with this aspect, yet they go ahead and keep trying to make you comfortable by being TOO open. There's a thing like TMI.

As long as they don't flaunt it too much (and I can't stand this from anyone Straight, Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Transgender), I'm fine with it.
If not that my parents will behead me, I will stand up for the rights of homosexuals, they deserve to be treated like humans.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by davidylan5: 7:15pm On Mar 12, 2009
lucabrasi:

once upon a time,we didnt believe in GOD nd they told us we r barbarians,savages e.t.c now that we believe in GOD and according to the lords word these things are sins we are being likened to  savages from the middle ages grin grin

Excellent point bro! When we didnt believe the bible they called us uncivilized, now we wont accept homosexuality we are still uncivilized?  grin
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

i knew that those MEND/ETA/bank robbers/ srial killers\politicians must be sodomites  grin
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Pataki: 7:15pm On Mar 12, 2009
AfroCynic:

I am not tryna force my view on anyone, it's just I am just rather baffled as to how people can blithely call for the random execution of other humans because of their sexual orientation, it leaves me astounded but I do not know why, I mean I am used to unabashed myopia from some NLer.
Pardon me to answer you, but there are dictates and norms which the society expects one to conform to. An homosexual is a deviant to such norms within the Nigerian context. Hence, they should be ready to dance to the tune of the law.

Stop preaching about tolerance here. It does not wash down the dictates and expectations to the law of the society.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by BigB11(m): 7:16pm On Mar 12, 2009
Homosexuality should NEVER be tolerated in Nigeria, but at the same time, we must be very careful when addressing this sensitive issue; we must be very systematic and creative.
These people are human beings,  and I also believe that their fundamental human, legal and civil rights should be absolutely protected!
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sauron1: 7:16pm On Mar 12, 2009
oyb:

i knew that those MEND/ETA/bank robbers/ serial killers\politicians must be sodomites  grin

The top 6 serial killers in the USA are flaming gays.
Check your facts.

JustGood:

I agree that they are twisted but then we dont want to become murderers on their account. They should be allowed to have their own colony where they can tear into each others' a*ses as they like and when they kill themselves finally, we'll all be rid of their scourge
grin

Why are we murderers on the account of pick pockets and armed robbers in Lagos.
Letz call a spade what it is. . . . . .Homosexuality in Nigeria is wrong by any means.
Christianity hates it, The Holy Quaran despises it so why practise it??
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by bawomolo(m): 7:17pm On Mar 12, 2009
lucabrasi:

@bawomolo
rather than calling us bigots and behaving like those from the middle ages,the pertinent question you should ponder is that
who determines what is aceptable and unaceeptable?
the western media?

correction once upon a time, you believed in many gods along with a Supreme being.  History has shown the European interpretation of African religions were biased. That doesn't mean i would be worshiping sango any time soon.

No the western media doesn't decide what's acceptable and unacceptable.  Do you think people in Nigeria turn gay because they saw it in a western movie?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Pataki: 7:18pm On Mar 12, 2009
lucabrasi:

How IRONICAL innit? grin grin grin
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 12, 2009
The idea that a person can be "lured" to being gay is incredibly retarded.

Wrong!!! History tells us that in order to consider yourself part of the Spartan army, you had to engage in homosexuality activities. tongue
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by 0thello: 7:19pm On Mar 12, 2009
~davidylan:

una seem am now? My dear, marriage, when it was FIRST defined in the US constitution was about ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN so your notion that it has nothing to do with gender is baseless propaganda.
There IS sanctity in marriage . . . if it wasnt you wont be struggling to force homosexual unions under the banner of marriage. Why cant you come up with your own social contract? Why take marriage too?

What the f**k has the  US constitution got to do with the topic at hand? The very fact you resorted to such a monumental failure of an argument doesn't even constitute as propaganda but idiocy at the highest levels of reasoning.

I disagree that there is sanctity in marriage, however you're free to have whatever antiquated opinion you want on the subject. I'm not struggling to force homosexual unions under the same banner, I just don't DENY the rights of others because I have some stupid religious claim to up hold. Why? Because I'm a grown man with more moral fibre than you.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Pataki: 7:19pm On Mar 12, 2009
bawomolo:

No the western media doesn't decide what's acceptable and unacceptable.  Do you think people in Nigeria turn gay because they saw it in a western movie?
Are you also of the mindset that people are born gay? grin
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by bawomolo(m): 7:19pm On Mar 12, 2009
moonstone, wetin you self they do for gay bar.  oju kokoro  grin

Christianity hates it, The Holy Quaran despises it so why practise it??

do you practice pre-marital sex?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by kaygee1234: 7:19pm On Mar 12, 2009
You'll wonder how most of these people who live in the first world countries survive and cope with the sodomites around them especially because these so called sodomites are allowed to freely practise their sexuality.
Internet provides the access for people to just rant and rant over nothing.
Shame. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Message From Professor Yemi Osinbajo / Geidam: ISWAP Shares N20,000 Per Household In New Recruitment Drive - HumAngle / SWAGA Mocks Peter Obi, Labels Him Presidential Candidate Of Social Media Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.