Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,915 members, 7,883,182 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 05:18 AM

My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor (10848 Views)

Shoptomydoor: My Bad Experience CAVEAT EMPTOR / Shoptomydoor Brings You Exclusive Deals From USA, UK And China / Who Is Shoptomydoor - Are They Real - Will L Get My Goods - See Real Reviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by Bllosom123(f): 8:39am On Aug 10, 2015
shoptomydoor has been the best so far. i shipp all my products through them and i got it deliver in good faith and at the right time.
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by henryskywalker2003(m): 9:23am On Aug 17, 2015
Dear Nduka Udeh,

My fear about the downward trend of your company is fast coming to reality. After my last review of your firm, I finally paid and had the two shipments sent to my via air freight. The shipments have the following order numbers 67313 and 67663. Order 67313 ended up being delivered to the wrong address but lucky for me, I was able to track down the address and retrieve my package via the tracking number that was provided. Now, I don't blame your company for this error, rather I blame Red Star Express cos my address and phone number was clearly printed on the shipping label and the delivery guy failed to give me a call like they normally used to in the past. But this next one, I think is solely your company's fault. After paying for the shipping, I was getting updates about the status of the two shipments via email. But suddenly, I stopped getting updates for the shipment with order number 67663. I assumed it was due to the same issue that I was having of not getting updates from u guys. But unfortunately, it isn't because I kept getting updates for order 67313 but not for 67663. Currently, it is past the due date I was supposed to receive my items and I'm yet to get it. I have emailed your staff as regards this issue and so far, nothing has been done except wait for 48hrs to tell me that it will be forwarded to the appropriate unit and they will get in touch.

I only hope that my shipment hasn't been lost, misplaced nor damaged cos that will really be a terrible thing to happen. Kindly look into this matter please.

Thanks
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by Yofit1: 4:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
Let the truth be said, shoptomydoor is a glorified fraud company. They deliver the goods no doubt but I tell you something the fraud is in the charges. I tried them thrice and that thrice they failed me. Am done with them. There are cheaper and better options out there. County Cargo is one of them. Their customer service personnel here in Lagos is empty headed. I have to talk and talk but still I don't get my solutions. I got tired and resigned to fate. So just ditch them like I did. I promised them I will shout about their fraud on the mountain top.
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by henryskywalker2003(m): 6:24pm On Sep 04, 2015
Yofit1:
Let the truth be said, shoptomydoor is a glorified fraud company. They delivers the goods no doubt but I tell you something the fraud is in the charges. I tried them thrice and that thrice they failed me. Am done with them. There are cheaper and better options out there. County Cargo is one of them. Their customer service personnel here in Lagos is empty headed. I have to talk and talk but still I don't get my solutions. I got tired and resigned to fate. So just ditch them like I did. I promised them I will shout about their fraud on the mountain top.

Ok. Sorry but I do find your post a bit far-fetched.
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by Oyelekeson(m): 11:07pm On Nov 09, 2015
Oga president shoptomydoor

na how much una dey ship laptop from US to (Niger State, Minna) Nigeria (Dell Latitude D530) its urgent u can inbox me here or watsap 09095979822. waiting for your response because I want to compare your charges with my present shippers so I can give a trial to your service this week.
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 9:01am On Nov 10, 2015
Hello Oyelekeson,

You can easily get our shipping cost right on our homepage. Go to www.shoptomydoor.com and click on 'Get Shipping Cost'. Input the weight and dimensions of your laptop and it will automatically give you the shipping cost from US, UK and China to your door.
See direct link to calculate it now: http://www.shoptomydoor.com/home.php?mode=get_a_quote.
For help call our customer service team on 0700 800 8000 or email: contact@shoptomydoor.com.

Oyelekeson:
Oga president shoptomydoor

na how much una dey ship laptop from US to (Niger State, Minna) Nigeria (Dell Latitude D530) its urgent u can inbox me here or watsap 09095979822. waiting for your response because I want to compare your charges with my present shippers so I can give a trial to your service this week.
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by winetapper: 9:06am On Nov 10, 2015
shoptomydoor:
Hello Oyelekeson,

You can easily get our shipping cost right on our homepage. Go to www.shoptomydoor.com and click on 'Get Shipping Cost'. Input the weight and dimensions of your laptop and it will automatically give you the shipping cost from US, UK and China to your door.
See direct link to calculate it now: http://www.shoptomydoor.com/home.php?mode=get_a_quote.
For help call our customer service team on 0700 800 8000 or email: contact@shoptomydoor.com.

can you ship to Mozambique
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 11:10am On Nov 10, 2015
Hello Winetapper,

For now we can do that from USA using our partner Fedex. For more information please call 0700 800 8000or email: contact@shoptomydoor.com.

winetapper:
can you ship to Mozambique
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 11:42am On Nov 10, 2015
Hello Bllosom,

Wow! We appreciate your positive feedback and really glad to see genuine customers talk about what they enjoy while using our shipping service for their shopping needs. Can we have your order/ unit number to help us identify who you are? We appreciate doing business with you and will continue to improve our services to serve you better.

Thank you for choosing Shoptomydoor.com for your shopping and shipping

Bllosom123:
shoptomydoor has been the best so far. i shipp all my products through them and i got it deliver in good faith and at the right time.
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by bimppyola: 11:44pm On Nov 14, 2015
Yofit1:
Let the truth be said, shoptomydoor is a glorified fraud company. They deliver the goods no doubt but I tell you something the fraud is in the charges. I tried them thrice and that thrice they failed me. Am done with them. There are cheaper and better options out there. County Cargo is one of them. Their customer service personnel here in Lagos is empty headed. I have to talk and talk but still I don't get my solutions. I got tired and resigned to fate. So just ditch them like I did. I promised them I will shout about their fraud on the mountain top.

is there any other good store or website we can use to ship our goods to lagos
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by bimppyola: 11:54pm On Nov 14, 2015
Bllosom123:

did you use your home address or their pick up location
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 11:40am On Nov 16, 2015
Hello Yofit,

We appreciate your patronage and glad that you mentioned here that we deliver. However, we will like to point it out here that it is totally wrong for you to call us fraud simply because we provide services that must be paid for.

First, our charges are quite competite as you will see now that you are with another shipping service provider. We continue to look at comments from customers and constantly implement solutions to solve the issues customers may encounter, to maintain our guaranteed level of delivery.

Second, we have all our information available to you so that you can know exactly what is involved right before you even shop, so we are not in anyway fraudulent as you claim.

By all means we want our customers to enjoy our guaranteed delivery which you have attested to, so again we advise that our customers pay using their Visa/MasterCard to reduce cost, therefore avoiding the mandatory 5% VAT.

Also, to cushion the increase in the exchange rate which goes to affect your cost as we are fully aware of the impact the huge value in naira/dollar rate, we have have come up with monthly promos to cushion the effect on everyone. This goes a long way to save huge amounts of money for iur customers.

Thank you.

henryskywalker2003:

Ok. Sorry but I do find your post a bit far-fetched.
Yofit1:
bimppyola:

is there any other good store or website we can use to ship our goods to lagos
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by beyolah: 9:20am On Nov 29, 2015
henryskywalker2003:
Dear Nduka Udeh,

My fear about the downward trend of your company is fast coming to reality. After my last review of your firm, I finally paid and had the two shipments sent to my via air freight. The shipments have the following order numbers 67313 and 67663. Order 67313 ended up being delivered to the wrong address but lucky for me, I was able to track down the address and retrieve my package via the tracking number that was provided. Now, I don't blame your company for this error, rather I blame Red Star Express cos my address and phone number was clearly printed on the shipping label and the delivery guy failed to give me a call like they normally used to in the past. But this next one, I think is solely your company's fault. After paying for the shipping, I was getting updates about the status of the two shipments via email. But suddenly, I stopped getting updates for the shipment with order number 67663. I assumed it was due to the same issue that I was having of not getting updates from u guys. But unfortunately, it isn't because I kept getting updates for order 67313 but not for 67663. Currently, it is past the due date I was supposed to receive my items and I'm yet to get it. I have emailed your staff as regards this issue and so far, nothing has been done except wait for 48hrs to tell me that it will be forwarded to the appropriate unit and they will get in touch.

I only hope that my shipment hasn't been lost, misplaced nor damaged cos that will really be a terrible thing to happen. Kindly look into this matter please.

Thanks

Hello Mr Henry
What's the update?
Do you still use them?
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by henryskywalker2003(m): 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2015
beyolah:

Hello Mr Henry
What's the update?
Do you still use them?

@Beyolah, Sadly, I still do. Granted they have improved in their speed of delivery but they have also degraded in some areas. All in all, I am still using them pending when I find a better alternative, or hopefully, if they improve.
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by Aviv1: 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
Came in today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by dearsly(m): 7:52am On Feb 11, 2016
STMD n Nduka...people warned me not 2 use ya service but u assured me all will b fine..i bought a rosary 4rm amazon 4 N3728.80 and u guys wanna collect N9511.60 to bring it??...is dis d way u act? Shipment #96602

Secondly, a pair of shoe 4rm China cost N7887.6 n u charging me N13,654.36 to ship (Standard shipping) .....Abeg look in2 dis as dis is my 1st time...Prove people wrong n reverse dis outrageous charges. Shipment #96761
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 5:28pm On Mar 08, 2016
Hi Dearsly,

We appreciate your patronage. However, just came across this post here and would like to clarify the information you have here.
Although, going through your record we see that this issue had long been resolved, and we do hope that you enjoyed using our service.

First, note that the cost of your shipment was based on the package weight and dimensions. Second, your US shipment was billed using the first timer's promo at $10, excluding other charges. As we had already informed you via our Customer Service department, we hope you were able to log and pay for invoive #96863 stress free. If you have other complaints, we will be gald that you email us directly to enable us resolve it and serve you better. You can reach us on 0700 800 8000 or email: contact@shoptomydoor.com.

Thank you for choosing Shoptomydoor for your shopping and shipping needs. We appreciate your business.

dearsly:
STMD n Nduka...people warned me not 2 use ya service but u assured me all will b fine..i bought a rosary 4rm amazon 4 N3728.80 and u guys wanna collect N9511.60 to bring it??...is dis d way u act? Shipment #96602

Secondly, a pair of shoe 4rm China cost N7887.6 n u charging me N13,654.36 to ship (Standard shipping) .....Abeg look in2 dis as dis is my 1st time...Prove people wrong n reverse dis outrageous charges. Shipment #96761
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 5:44pm On Mar 08, 2016
Hi Bimppyola.

We can deliver nationwide to any location. We also have pick up locations in over 10 states.
For furthe enquiries call 0700 800 8000 or email: contact@shoptomydoor.com.

bimppyola:

did you use your home address or their pick up location
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by checkmateman: 11:47am On Mar 10, 2016
Good day @shoptomydoor I wish to ship a tablet of 0.50kg to nigeria which I want to buy at newegg.com, please how much will it cost and also since lagos address is somehow where are your pick up locations in lagos and also how do I pay or what payment method is available
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by Denn(m): 8:44pm On Mar 10, 2016
dear shoptomydoor

i have commended you in the past but i think i must now withdraw the commendation.

you are illogically expensive.

how will a few auto parts that cost less than 200usd be shipped to lagos at the same almost 200usd!

light weight items, keys, lights, thermostat, bushings etc.

please i cannot pay such a ridiculous amount as shipping.

kindly revert urgently

Shipment:#98951
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 8:26am On Mar 11, 2016
Hi Checkmateman.

Thank you for contacting us.
Please use our get shipping cost tool on www.shoptomydoor.com.
For further enquiries call 0700 800 8000 or send us an email via contact@shoptomydoor.com.

checkmateman:
Good day @shoptomydoor I wish to ship a tablet of 0.50kg to nigeria which I want to buy at newegg.com, please how much will it cost and also since lagos address is somehow where are your pick up locations in lagos and also how do I pay or what payment method is available
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by omisakint: 11:53pm On Nov 09, 2016
i am starting to to regret shipping with you guys// ,, my sis sent me a some packages clothes, shoes and her used apple tablet... the one she has been using for over 4 years .. the shipment cost was high cause of the value of naira.. i humbly requested that the apple tabelt be remove from my shipment and i willl have to pay for the shipment of the clothes first and later pay for the ipad to be sent out.. but to my gretaest my request was granted and i was told to provide evidence of payment before they ship it out. eveidence of payment on an ipad of 4 years ?/ i called my sis and she was disapponted in my choice of shippong company when she could have pay more lesss to send it to me through fedex or dhl... kindly help fix this issue as i have no means of getting the invoice
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by Chub2y: 6:56am On Jul 04, 2017
Unreliable company, high level of incompetency, multiple billers, terrible / unprofessional customer service agents, 29days plus delay on delivery with nothing but flimsy excuses, A courier company that tells you after payment your item MAY arrive destroyed and they wouldn't be held liable after full payment is made. Big shame of a company. These are the people that give Nigeria a bad name all over the world when they try to compete with reputable names... Big shame to everyone associated with the administration of this company. Big one.
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by Swiftboy(m): 5:16am On Oct 21, 2017
Sir, am expecting an item from my customer in China, she's asking for shop to my door China warehouse phone number which is not on the website. Please help
Nduka193:
Hello Henry ... I hope that is your name ... Wow... I am blown away by your review. By the way, this is Nduka Udeh, President here at Shoptomydoor.

Its good to see people who are actual customers and who take their time to give constructive reviews and not other shipping companies masquerading as customers just to spoil our image because they cant beat our service. Thanks for the very constructive review.

Anyway, thanks for the review. Your issues have been noted and while you may not know, we have solutions for all this. Let me list your main points one by one and deal with the solutions that already exist besides each.

1) Not Been Notified When Items Arrive Your Warehouse - This was a bug in our site software and its been worked on now by our IT team. Its a simple fix that should be fixed in the next few days. Not a big issue. But even if you are not notified, our standard update time is 24 hours. So 24 hours after you get an email from Amazon or any company that your items have been delivered, when you log into your warehouse you should see the item. Once in a while, especially when we do promos, we get over whelmed with lots of orders and you may experience update delays. But typically in 24 hours your warehouse is updated.

2) Fluctuations in Billing Due to Naira - This is unfortunately something we can t do much about as we pay airlines and service providers in dollars. So we have to peg our service charge against the dollar, and update the exchange rate as it fluctuates. You will always get the same dollar amount, but the naira may vary as it fluctuates. My advise is to stock up on dollars for now, and pay in dollars which is always consistent. The best bet for a heavy shopper is to use your card to pay (either a naira or dollar card) as you will be billed against Visa/Master Card rates. This can save you a lot in the long run.

3) Wrong Declared Values - Not all shipments come with an invoice from the store when its delivered to us. So your warehouse personnel will typically estimate a value for customs purpose. Our platform allows you to easily change this. When you log into your warehouse, there is a link beside each shipment that says "If the values of any item is wrong, please upload invoices". I have attached an image of this for you to see. Once you upload your invoice, any wrong value is corrected within 24 hours.

You may ask why we do this. (1) For insurance - We have a 100% delivery guarantee that your items will be delivered intact or your money is refunded (item cost and full shippiing cost). Based on this, we have insurance on every single item shipped and the insurance company will insure only based on the declared value. So it makes sens e to ensure that at all times you have the correct item value declared. In the past, we allowed customers to enter the value themselves without invoice verification. We had customers with items worth $2000 entering $20. When an issue occured, and insurance requests to refund just $20, you can imagine what comes up. (2) Customs Purposes - We have had instances in the past where customs held some high value items and on contacting the customer to pay the extra requested duty, it became a problem cos they had declared wrong values.

So to be on the safe side and to avoid back and forth, we always enter what we feel is a reasonable estimate based on general web search. When you now feel the value is wrong, follow the procedure to have it corrected.

3) Actual Versus Chargable Weight - This is programmed into the system and its based on the same formular used by all shipping companies. Chargable Weight = L x W x H /139 and its the same with DHL and UPS and Fedex. You can google dimensional weight to see this. When packaging your items, note that boxes are used and items are not thrown like that into the plane. So the final packaged weight may differ slightly from weights you see online. To combat this and to be sure customers know they actual shipping cost even before shopping, we have the "Item Quote Tool" online that enable you to enter the actual item and a shipping cost is displayed. For these, if there is any difference, we guarantee not to charge you more than the quote shows.

4) $3.29/Pound Advertised Rate - This is a special rate been advertised strictly and for just US residents, and not for every one. We have typically restricted our business to shoppers from Nigeria but have decided as of June to open up to US residents with the special discounted rate. Please read the page well. This rate applies only to customers living in the US sending their items to us direct from their house or coming into our US warehouse to drop it off. For those shopping online from a store and sending direct to us, the rate can be seen open and clear for various weights by going to our "Get a quote tool". Our base rate for all others can be seen from the get a quote tool and is automated into the warehouse. It is still better than any rate you will get from any shipping company serving Nigeria that offers the quality of service we strive to offer. Yes, you may get a few cheaper that our rate for shoppers, but be sure there is no money back guarantee, no online view of your items, no online payment, may be no customer service at all. You really get what you pay for and to offer quality service, our cost has to be reasonable (but not expensive).

I hope this answers your pressing questions.

Go ahead, try other companies but l am 100% certain that you will return. We continue to look at comments from customers like you and constantly implement solutions to solve these and other issues you may encounter.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,
Nduka Udeh.
President/CEO - Shoptomydoor.com
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by elex3177: 3:36pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hi STMD/Nduka,

My order just recently arrived to MyWarehouse, but after seeing the stated dimension for one pants which is 11 x 11 x 4 in, I was surprised so I asked for re-weigh/re-measure. After making the payment of $7.99, I was informed that the pants is not allowed to be shipped from US and stated that the $7.99 re-weigh fee will just be refunded and ask me to pick up the item. Hello? Excuse me? Is this STMD
When I asked which rules from US customs Olayinka is referring to? She is simply quite and until now no feedback.

When I insist for the result of the re-weigh/re-measure, finally she provided 11 x 11 x 3.5 in, which I still doubt since it's not even thicker to 2 inches. Any how I am still expecting to my refund of $10.99 since your measurement is not correct initially.

Back to Delivery#172 which Olayinka said that this item cannot be ship from US, can you please provide the supporting document from US Customs?

Paging NDUKA.

Thank you,
Felix
NG48310
Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by Oyelekeson(m): 11:58pm On Feb 05, 2018
Hi STMD/Nduka,

This issue has been resolved. but my advice is this, try to understand your customers. They attend to my request as expected.

Re: My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor by raymondele86(m): 3:12pm On Sep 06, 2019
Hmm, I'm following

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ultimate Cycler Server Crashes. Is MMM Next? (Photo) / Payoneer, Neteller, Ethereum Problems Solution & Exchange / No Shipping Link: Nigeria Loses 1.4 Mt Coal Export To Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.