Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,714 members, 7,930,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 06:24 PM

Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? (12295 Views)

Breaking News: Kogi State Is Under Attack Right Now. DSS Office Under Siege! / President Jonathan Campaigns In Kwara (pictures) / APC Promises 40,000MW To Stop Power Outage Pains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by wasmus: 3:57pm On Mar 25, 2009
i can attest to it, because i was in ilorin for two weeks and there is constant supply of electricity and good road which make transport fare to be favourable, infact i really fall in love with the state.i hope other state govs will emulate kwara state govts gesture inorder to move this country forward rather than mass looting of public treaury been recorded by our public office holders.naija go better
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by 7eleven: 11:05pm On Mar 26, 2009
this goes to show that good things can happen in this country! My only problem is,
Will they be able 2 maintain it for a long time? Maintainance has always been Nigerias No.1 Problem!

http://buzz.6te.net

Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by comfort3: 4:57pm On Mar 27, 2009
cool
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by KMSanaq(m): 8:35am On Mar 28, 2009
Yes, it is true. But I am start to have a second thought because situation has started changing. Power is no longer constant has experienced 4 months ago. Perharps, it might due to reasons beyond our comprehension. Actually, Gov Bukola is trying has his predecessors had done. His reformation should not be for just a while but everlasting thing. cool
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by KMSanaq(m): 8:40am On Mar 28, 2009
Yes, it is true. But I am start to have a second thought because situation has started changing. Power is no longer constant has experienced 4 weeks ago. Perharps, it might due to reasons beyond our comprehension. Actually, Gov Bukola is trying has his predecessors had done. His reformation should not be for just a while but everlasting thing.
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by lexdino: 11:34am On Mar 29, 2009
7eleven:

this goes to show that good things can happen in this country! My only problem is,
Will they be able 2 maintain it for a long time? Maintainance has always been Nigerias No.1 Problem!
The simple answer is NO! grin
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by yousouph(m): 12:21pm On Mar 29, 2009
Non stop power supply is a good 2 Kwara state & let us hope it will continue 4 some months because before we say JACK ROBBINSON power supply maybe once upon a time.
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by keyremotes(m): 8:18pm On Mar 29, 2009
GOOD THINGS HAPPEN WHEN PEOPLE BEGIN TO THINK DIFFERENTLY
FROM THE OLD ROBBERS WE'VE HAD THESE PAST YEARS.

My money is still with SGB.
Please tell Saraki dem o return our money o. angry sad
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by TOYOSI20(f): 12:08am On Mar 30, 2009
wasmus:

i can attest to it, because i was in ilorin for two weeks and there is constant supply of electricity and good road which make transport fare to be favourable, infact i really fall in love with the state.i hope other state govs will emulate kwara state govts gesture inorder to move this country forward rather than mass looting of public treaury been recorded by our public office holders.naija go better

Nice to hear . . . .its always good to go wid first hand witnesses so now i can believe its official!!! wink cool cool
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by baslone: 1:36pm On Mar 31, 2009
Yes ohh!!!!!!

My mum lives there. I just called her to comfirm if it's true.

She said she has not had light for 2weeks because their poor
old transformer could not withstand 3weeks of uninterrupted electricity
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by elctroguru(m): 2:57pm On Apr 06, 2009
Ilorin — Kwara State governor, Dr. Bukola Saraki, has said in view of the current world economic meltdown, the state government would continue to execute lofty programmes to the people of the state in order to meet the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).

Saraki stated this in Ilorin, while performing the launch of the multi-million naira newly purchased five waste disposal vehicles for evacuation of waste products across the state.

He said the "importance of clean environment cannot be over emphasised in the socio economic growth of any nation and the Kwara State Government would leave no stone unturned at making the environment clean so as to enhance the well being of the populace".

He said this was the reason the government since assumption of office in year 2003 has been working round the clock in order to make the environment safe for living so as to assist the residents contribute their quota towards the development of the state.

Saraki, who was represented at the programme by his deputy, Chief Joel Ogundeji said the purchase of the new five waste disposal vehicles was aimed at ensuring constant movement of all the waste products that abound across the length and breadth of the state as this would put a stop to the spread of deadly diseases.

The governor added that the purchase of the vehicles was in fulfillment of the administration promise to address the epileptic waste disposal and this would enable the situation to be brought under control for better, efficient and effective performances. He added that, with this development, the ugly faces of unmoved roll-on-off bins and heaps of refuse surrounding would be adequately tackled.

Saraki however, called on the people of the state to be up and doing at making their environment worth living by cleaning up their areas as at when due so as to have a new lease of life.

Earlier, the state commissioner for Environment, Alhaji Ahmed Makama said the state government is committed to the clean environment and would continue to work hard in order to achieve the state objective.

He said as of now, the state government has purchased 10 waste disposal vehicles son as to make environment safe for the people of the state.

Makama therefore advised the workers of the waste management board and the consultant charge with the clean of refuse in the state, Ola Kleen Nigeria Limited to support the government in its bids of addressing the refuse situation in the state
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by Cotton(m): 5:59pm On Mar 14, 2010
Is there still non stop power supply in Kwara State?
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by Cmeo(m): 5:42pm On Apr 26, 2011
How would you believe this happening in Nigeria. ASO ROCK the seat of the Nigeria Administration itself can not boast of Non-stop Power Supply with generator, now tell me how do you expect non-stop power supply in Kwara State?

I live in Ilorin, the state captial of Kwara and this is NEVER REAL.
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by Nadanbata: 5:55pm On Apr 26, 2011
PDP propaganda? ^  cheesy cheesy
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by DisGuy: 5:57pm On Apr 26, 2011
C me o:

How would you believe this happening in Nigeria. ASO ROCK the seat of the Nigeria Administration itself can not boast of Non-stop Power Supply with generator, now tell me how do you expect non-stop power supply in Kwara State?

I live in Ilorin, the state captial of Kwara and this is NEVER REAL.

How much electricity do you get in a day dont lie?
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by Kobojunkie: 1:17am On Apr 27, 2011
I mean think of these things. How do you manufacture something from next to nothing? iS it possible? Are we now trying to disprove Newton's law or something?
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by DisGuy: 2:34am On Apr 27, 2011
I still think kwara or some parts of kwara gets more than the average, about 12-16hours a day

I'll ask the person i know where they live 2moro
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by stone07(m): 9:37am On Apr 27, 2011
Is a lie.Am living in ilorin so there is nothing like 24/7 power supply.If u are staying at Taiwo Road area you wll know what i mean.
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by stone07(m): 9:38am On Apr 27, 2011
Is a lie.Am living in ilorin so there is nothing like 24/7 power supply.If u are staying at Taiwo Road area you wll know what i mean.
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by stone07(m): 9:42am On Apr 27, 2011
Is it only a new comer that will say KWARA is enjoyiny light especially if u come from state where their power supply is very poor.
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by Kobojunkie: 3:13pm On Apr 27, 2011
Like I said, you cannot manufacture power out of thin air, no matter how many step-up transformers you add to the mix.
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by lwise(m): 10:52am On Apr 28, 2011
I chat with a friend living in Ilorin just now and he said its a white lie. grin
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by otokx(m): 2:20pm On Apr 28, 2011
Even in Dame Jonathan bedroom 24/7 light no dey.
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by DisGuy: 6:08pm On Apr 28, 2011
Adewole Estate, they get 'regular' power except they dont know they are on 24/7 generator cheesy,

I'm sure Kwara state doesn't need more than 50MW
Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by Lipscomb(m): 11:04am On Feb 12, 2018
grin far away from kwara state people start fake news not start today.
nateevs:
As if that's not enough . . . Check the Asa Dam Conference Centre and Resort in Kwara State. .

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCZqZ1Gm2hk&hl=en&fs=1"[/flash]

I am not from Kwara and I don't even fancy Bukola. . . but If he goes ahead and accomplishes this, then he's put Kwara on the globe

@Recognise

I finally figured out how to make it work

Re: Non-stop Power Supply In Kwara State- Is It True? by Kog45(m): 11:56am On Feb 12, 2018
KnowAll:
The saraki's are only paying part of what they stole from the people through Societal General, 17 billion naira disappar over night from Societal General. What he has given the people of Kwara state is a small token of what they stole from that bank, at least they did something with the money and I am sure they will still claim anymore spent on this project from the FG.
Pls what are you talking about cos we are talking of electricity not bank issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is 59 Years Old Today / Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah Joins Rotary International To Support Humanity (photos) / Governor El-Rufai's Easter Message To Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.