Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,059 members, 7,903,442 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 01:32 PM

Kwara State Governor Is The Best In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara State Governor Is The Best In Nigeria (1986 Views)

Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB / Taraba State Governor Is Dead / Ola Vincent Ex-CBN Governor Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kwara State Governor Is The Best In Nigeria by bilms(m): 6:22pm On Mar 12, 2009
source: http://www.bukisaraki.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=87&Itemid=40

i think kwara state governor is really doing well.

my friend called me about 1 month steady light in the state and now i read abt the science village the state governor is building and also the aviation school, i think this governor deserve some applause.

some of these i clearly no abt it because i was in kwara state then.

EDUCATION, they say is the best legacy. But this philosophy can only be described and accepted by those who know what education means to humanity and nation building. But Governor Bukola Saraki has since inception as Governor of Kwara State, noted the values and importance of education hence many Arsenals to make sure the system brings forth desirable results by embarking on series of steps to get rid of the rots associated with it.

Kwara from creation in 1967 can only boast of human resource education while many other states enjoyed many natural resources that keep their purses bulging via the Federal Allocation.

This I much believed prompted the actions of Governor Saraki to make sure the best is achieved in the education sector in the State. During his first term of office, an education summit was organized in which all stakeholders in the sector was invited. Ever since then, the face of education in the state changed. All secondary and primary schools teachers sit tight. Even the State owned tertiary institutions are not left out.

Governor Saraki since inception in 2003, has seen that many secondary and primary schools buildings which have been left over the years dilapidated was absolutely renovated. New blocks of classrooms were built. Till this moment renovations and building of new classrooms have not ceased. Books were distributed to schools in the State.

However, Governor Saraki in his quest for quality and quantitative education for every child in the State is not satisfied with renovation and building of classrooms and distribution of books. For this reason, he declared a total war on the sector by bringing up a very formidable REFORM AGENDA in the Sector. Because he much believe all the renovation and erection of new classrooms is far from achieving a desirable goals.

The teachers who inculcate sound teachings into pupils and students ought to be total overhaul for efficiency, hence the screening through TESTs, Training and Re-training of them. What occasioned this, is a primary school teacher who has been in the profession for many years failed a simple Arithmetic Test of primary 4!

This now called for the proper training and re-training of Teachers in the State. This training and re-training will go round Teachers in the State. Those who still can not walk the trend will have to give way. As the Governor has promised no teacher will be aid off. Not only the practicing Teachers, the state owned Colleges of Education where these Teachers graduated to the labour market will be looked into. That the products out of them will be of good quality and not just push-through graduates. That is, the quality of candidates for admission into colleges of education in the State will be properly monitored.

Ever since the administration of Governor Bukola started its Reform Agenda in education sector, tremendous results have been achieved. The students have stopped roaming the streets, Teachers no longer come to school late and their many petty trades in classes stopped. The corrupt principals and headmasters shown the way out. Students of unruly behaviour sent on suspension. All these strict actions have put both Teachers and Students on their toes.

Governor Saraki, not satisfied with the face of education changing alone in Kwara State. He it a national issue. With the drive for good education where the rots in the system will be expunged, he took the bold step writing President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua on the need to find lasting solution to the education sector in the whole country. He believes the solution to these rots does not only lie in renovation and building of classrooms with millions of Naira.

This I believe he will achieve. Because he is the Chairman of the Governors’ Forum. The position he has been for two tenure.

Cultism which was a very strong menace in institutions of higher learning in the state has been stamped out in totality under Governor Saraki’s administration. Also, in his quest for solid and non-stagnant education system, Dr Bukola Saraki who is been the chairman of Governors’ Forum caused the negotiation that eventually brought an end to the nationwide Teachers’ strike that almost crippled the sector.

Currently in the pipeline, is the establishment of SCIENCE VILLAGE where school children can be expose to the evolving trends in the world of science. This was made known through Governor Saraki’s commissioner for education, science and technology,Mr Bolaji Abdullahi.

Mr. Abdullahi said, Governor Saraki brought the idea after one of his numerous trips to UK, where he saw a Science Village for school children. Coming home he saw the need for such in Kwara State. Any moment from now, experts from the UK will come for feasibility study. No wonder, during the launch of KWARA EDUCATIONCHARTER, Governor Saraki stated, “We have got to build an education system that delivers real results and inspires the confidence of parents and community”.

These feats can never be achieved without Governor Saraki trailing the path of one time United States of America President, Mr. Roosevelt who during his time as president of the US, brought on the best BRAINS to his administration. This, the Americans will never forget the tremendous changes witnessed under his administration. Mr. Bolaji Abdullahi is one of the BRAINS behind the soaring success of the Education Reform Agenda in Kwara State. Because he shared the dream of Governor Saraki to transform the education landscape of Kwara State. This he has been pursuing jealously. Therefore, Governor Saraki has a vision for a verile education system because in Kwara we have no OIL DEPOSIT. But HUMAN RESOURCES are in abundance. The reason his government is committed to improved Teacher quality; Better School Inspection, greater accountability and stronger institutions.

As the late Dennis Osadebe said, in one of his poem, WHO WOULD BUY MY THOUGHT…. The States in Nigeria and the Federal Government need buy the thoughts of Governor Saraki on improving the education sector. Because good and quality education system is the only thing that can bring opportunities to learn and for new opportunities to blossom into active citizens who will be able to make real contributions to our society and our economy.

Above all, let our leaders start thinking the Governor Saraki’s way, that, EVERY CHILD COUNTS

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) / Nigeria Airforce Jet Hit By Aa Fire, As 30 Militants Are Confirmed Dead / Dayokunu: Ok.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.