Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,332 members, 7,943,825 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 04:51 AM

Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here (9042 Views)

Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. / Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014 / Nairaland Writers Collaboration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by somadino: 2:50pm On Aug 17, 2009
I don't know if this will be a jump start for you guys. But I am looking for a great idea, This time for television. I am working to do a short drama (comedy) each episode will wrap up and stand on its own as a complete i.e it would not be a series or soap opera. I would like that the main xters are a young boy and a girl or a small group of ppl with limitations. You are meant to come up with the traits of these ppl and their challenges/likes/dislikes, activities that surround them. Also the major xters should not be more than 5 and almost all (if not all) their activities will happen in not more that 2locations e.g A sitting room and a kitchen or a class room, Think second chance, friends, good times, mind your language etc. finally pls it has to different from anything you have seen. I have a few ideas but i am sure you would come up with something great.
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by AccoPen(m): 5:37pm On Aug 17, 2009
somadino:

I don't know if this will be a jump start for you guys. But I am looking for a great idea, This time for television. I am working to do a short drama (comedy) each episode will wrap up and stand on its own as a complete i.e it would not be a series or soap opera. I would like that the main xters are a young boy and a girl or a small group of ppl with limitations. You are meant to come up with the traits of these ppl and their challenges/likes/dislikes, activities that surround them. Also the major xters should not be more than 5 and almost all (if not all) their activities will happen in not more that 2locations e.g A sitting room and a kitchen or a class room, Think second chance, friends, good times, mind your language etc. finally pls it has to different from anything you have seen. I have a few ideas but i am sure you would come up with something great.

I want you to understand that limiting it to 2 locations is going to be a big limitation. I am of the opinion that you make it a street story. The story is around those kids quite alright, but don't completely put the parents, siblings and possibly landlord behind the curtains. Viewers would not like to see same faces of two actors in the 10 scences that make an episode.
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Orikinla(m): 1:52pm On Mar 13, 2013
[size=18pt]Writers aren’t exactly people, thеу′re a whole lot οf people trying tο bе one person.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald[/size]
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by urch45: 9:58am On Sep 07, 2014
I think writers should see this www.blacktowerpublishers.com.ng
They operates like Lulu.com and Createspace, but unlike them, Black Tower Publishers is mainly for Nigerian writers. I'm posting this because I read someone saying she needed publishers that offer book publishing, manuscript editing, proofreading, manuscript review through online submission. and other things. I can't really say, bcoz I've used their services only once, and that once was okay for me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) / The Next Voice You Hear... / Selfish And Heartless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.