Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,349 members, 7,913,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 01:17 PM

The Summer Return - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Summer Return (854 Views)

10 Best Books To Read This Summer - Summer 2017 Books / Summer Creative Writing Workshops For Children And Teenagers / Register For Art Summer Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Summer Return by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ladies and Gentlemen its finally here. The Story you've all been waiting for is here. If you like plagiarise. IDGAF..........
Try am See.

Copyrights reserved 2015
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
This is Non-fictional.......©Vanquay
This is actually first Story since the days of WAEC gone by I would just like a review and possibly develop the story or acknowledge am not meant to wield a pen. Enjoy.
cc standd. I Don tell you say I be oga.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain speaking, I am pleased to announce we have arrived Muritala Muhammad International Airport. Once again Thank you for choosing Arik Airlines " Almost like an Instinct I jammed my headphones into my ear, I was not disappointed. Thunderous applause enough to put Motivational speakers to shame greeted the captain's speech.
After going through the protocols of the ever-not-smiling Baggage officers I made my way to the lounge wondering what had changed.
I was just a 5ft 8in lanky 14yr old boy when I made the solo journey to live the American Dream. Now I was a 19yrs old 6ft handsome fairly dark-skinned athletic Male. My mouth in it's default cynical expression, eyes slanted like a feline. I noticed the ever criticizing looks I got because of my dreadlocked Mohawk, or my thin scar that ran in a diagonal from my chick to my jaw or maybe it was just my cynical menacing expression. Yeah, I was back in Nigeria with a new look and a funky accent.
"AMERICANA Awfar now,you get small Roger for us". Evidently nothing had changed with the Nigerian Police force. I gave them a $10 bill wondering what good it would do the men at the exit door.
"Oga now, you even get Beats nah only $10 you feel give us" said a man whom's face looked like his mums traditionalist decided to try new styles on his face at birth.
"Oga no vex oh, I be student". "Which. Kain student? you no even sabi talk pidgin proper again". Another $10 down the drain I was finally made to go in peace.
Then I heard that beautiful voice, a voice encompassing pure happiness. "AH Omo mi ti de. Bayo mi ti de O" Dropping my luggage I rushed to my Grandmother giving her a full prostrate although it came off more as a press up.
After niceties were made, jabs exchanged and baggage secured. We began the 3hr journey to the ancestral city of Ibadan potholes considered.
I was in Nigeria because of my Grandmother. She is a 72yr old jovial chubby woman. Her face showing that life had indeed been good to her. She had petitioned the family to make her see her 3 oldest Grandkids. My cousin Pelumi came early but had to leave back to the states because of college. My Cousin Dapo made the trip last year and was back in the states too. And as usual I was always last in the "Golden Trio"
I gathered my thoughts wondering what I would do during my 3week stay. Visit my few friends whom chose to pursue their education in Nigeria, perharps spark up old romances or just lock myself in the room. "Se o gbo ikan ti moso" said my Grandmum tapping me. " A ma se parti fun e".
I knew I was back to my fatherland. Talk about a way to welcome your 19yr old grandson. Nothing but a Lavish feast would do. It was good to be back. I had missed the accent, the language,the dressing, the beautiful dark-skinned women. I had missed Everything. HOME SWEET HOME.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Summer Return by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 07, 2015
Chaiiiii undecided
Re: The Summer Return by Divepen1(m): 7:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
boss... if you would use color make the letters bold. Is that the end of the story? If Yes..
Re: The Summer Return by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
undecided undecided undecided
standd:
Chaiiiii undecided
Re: The Summer Return by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 08, 2015
Am not feeling very creative besides it had a poor reception soo maybe cry
Divepen1:
boss... if you would use color make the letters bold.
Is that the end of the story? If Yes..
Re: The Summer Return by Divepen1(m): 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
Vanquay:
Am not feeling very creative besides it had a poor reception soo maybe cry
Re: The Summer Return by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 09, 2015
Re: The Summer Return by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
Just teasing you Vanquay, the story is nice, pls continuuuuuuuuuu tongue
What happened when you got to Ibadan?

(1) (Reply)

Oau And Marriage / Story Time: “she Planted A Kiss On His Lips, They Kiss For About Two Minutes” (A / WOMANIZER; A Short Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.