Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,691 members, 7,979,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 06:32 AM

Why Education May Never Improve In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Education May Never Improve In Nigeria (455 Views)

Please How Can I Improve In My English Speaking. / Why “education” Is Not Enough To Give You What You Want In Life / 20 Reasons Why Education Is Failing The Economy!!!!! Part2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Education May Never Improve In Nigeria by ifedayoifedapo(f): 11:55am On Jul 23, 2015
I write this with regret and pain in my heart. How I wish this can get to President Buhari, MTN, ETISALAT, AIRTEL and the likes.

Sometimes ago, while watching spelling bee competition for 2015, I fell in love with those kids. But to my utmost surprise, at the end of that competition, the winner got less than N200,000. Then I wondered why such a brilliant boy (the overall winner) could not get a car from Lagos State Government, N1M from MTN like they give out in beauty competitions & dancing competitions.

I became more furious this Tuesday (21st of July) when my kids had their school party.

After the end of a beauty show, where various indecent dancing steps were displayed, the school authority announced a whole session free tuition for the winner, two terms tuition free for the second position and a term free for third position .

My first observation is that none of the 3 pupils got any academic award.

To cut the long story short, my daughter, who came out as the overall second best student got just a free textbook as her prize.

No wonder every kid wants to be a wizkid.

It is high time various sponsors recognised brilliant academic performances. Only then will there be improvement to education in Nigeria.

Cc:Government, MTN, AIRTEL, ETISALAT, OIL COMPANIES etc.

2 Likes

Re: Why Education May Never Improve In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 23, 2015
cry
Re: Why Education May Never Improve In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 23, 2015
. . . . . . . . . .

(1) (Reply)

Write Post-utme At Your First Choice Institution, JAMB Tells Candidates / Why Is There No Up And Down In Space? / Boost Your Career With I.C.T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.