Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,449 members, 7,940,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 10:52 AM

Former Civilian Governor Of Old Cross River State, Chief Donald Etiebet Is Dead. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Civilian Governor Of Old Cross River State, Chief Donald Etiebet Is Dead. (3491 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Visited The Family Of Dee Sam Mbakwe The Former Civilian Governor / See The Imo State Chief Who Have Ladies Exposing Their Breast Around Him (photos / Chief Don Etiebet Visits Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Civilian Governor Of Old Cross River State, Chief Donald Etiebet Is Dead. by Opinedecandid(m): 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2015
The former elected Governor of old Cross River State. Chief (Barr.) Donald Etiebet is dead.
Close family source who broke the news said the Oruk Anam born and Akwa Ibom Elder statesman died yesterday upon his return from a medical treatment.
Chief Donald Dick Etiebet was a Nigerian politician who was a senator during the Nigerian Second Republic (1979 - 1983). He was then elected governor of Cross River State, with Fidelis Ikogo Nnang as his deputy, holding this office from October to December 1983, when the military coup brought General Muhammadu Buhari into power.

Etiebet was born in Ikot Ekpene in Akwa Ibom State, of Annang origins. He married Nike Maryam Agunbiade, from Oyo State in 1991, and they had three children. His younger brother Donatus ("Don"wink Obot Etiebet held office as Minister of Energy in the short-lived cabinet of Ernest Shonekan, continuing in office after that government was removed by General Sani Abacha, and later was a contender to be PDP nominee for governor of Akwa Ibom State in 2007. His son Aniekan Donald Etiebet was another contender for the same post.

After the return to democracy in 1999, Etiebet was a leader of the United Nigeria People's Party (UNPP), which later merged with the All People's Party (APP) to form the All Nigeria People's Party. Etiebet was appointed deputy National chairman, South for the ANPP. Later, Etiebet became national chairman of the ANPP. Speaking for the ANPP in March 2003, Etiebet said election results should be released at the polling stations and signed by the political party agents as a means of curbing violence during elections.

As President of the Supreme Council of Elders in Akwa Ibom State, in March 2004 Etiebet led a delegation of leaders from Akwa Ibom State to meet President Olusegun Obasanjo and discuss the Onshore/offshore abrogation Act, which redistributed oil revenues.

N/B Readers:

I'm not referring to Atuekong Don Etiebet, former ANPP Nat. Chairman and Former Minister of petroleum.
The dead is that of Chief Donald Dick Etiebet, the former's elder brother who is a one time senator and governor. Though brothers, these are two different persons.
Re: Former Civilian Governor Of Old Cross River State, Chief Donald Etiebet Is Dead. by IME1: 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2015
can't believe it

Op have you confirmed?

please oh!

but but if true rest in peace sir

fortitude to your family, friends and associates
Re: Former Civilian Governor Of Old Cross River State, Chief Donald Etiebet Is Dead. by bababuff(m): 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2015
RIP Don
Re: Former Civilian Governor Of Old Cross River State, Chief Donald Etiebet Is Dead. by nicerichard05: 2:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
Ok o.. Anyway today is my Birthday can i get 1000like

1 Like

Re: Former Civilian Governor Of Old Cross River State, Chief Donald Etiebet Is Dead. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
RIP Chief
Re: Former Civilian Governor Of Old Cross River State, Chief Donald Etiebet Is Dead. by FORUMgod: 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2015
hian
Re: Former Civilian Governor Of Old Cross River State, Chief Donald Etiebet Is Dead. by YoruBanger: 2:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
Source?
Re: Former Civilian Governor Of Old Cross River State, Chief Donald Etiebet Is Dead. by kestolove95(m): 3:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
ok
Re: Former Civilian Governor Of Old Cross River State, Chief Donald Etiebet Is Dead. by M0GIDI: 3:12pm On Jul 23, 2015
R.I.P
Re: Former Civilian Governor Of Old Cross River State, Chief Donald Etiebet Is Dead. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 23, 2015
Waoh cry

Was he part of the Haliburton scandal?
Re: Former Civilian Governor Of Old Cross River State, Chief Donald Etiebet Is Dead. by zik4ever: 4:31pm On Jul 23, 2015
OP So the Etiebet bothers are Donald Dick Etiebet, Atuekong Don Etiebet and Donatus? Please can you clarify?
Re: Former Civilian Governor Of Old Cross River State, Chief Donald Etiebet Is Dead. by free2ryhme: 5:08pm On Jul 23, 2015
nicerichard05:
Ok o.. Anyway today is my Birthday can i get 1000like

no, na by force?
Re: Former Civilian Governor Of Old Cross River State, Chief Donald Etiebet Is Dead. by ITbomb(m): 7:07pm On Jul 23, 2015
K

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: Tribal War Looms In Edo State / Breaking News! Massive Protest In London On Murderous Fulani Herdsmen / You Cannot Use My Stadium For Your Flag Off – Oshiomhole Tells PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.