Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,136 members, 7,887,286 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:55 AM

"Please Stop Demeaning Nigeria, We Are Not Handicapped" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Please Stop Demeaning Nigeria, We Are Not Handicapped" (504 Views)

Green Card: Woke Soyinka Denies Making The Demeaning Report / It’s Only In Nigeria We Arrest Before We Investigate, Says NBA Secretary / Fayose Buys Handicapped Woman A Wheelchair (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Please Stop Demeaning Nigeria, We Are Not Handicapped" by OgaInnocent(m): 3:03pm On Jul 23, 2015
Having taken a cursory look at the recent happenings in the world, particularly the current romance between Nigeria and United States of America, I perceived it as a matter of paramount significance that I put down my observations for a corresponding inference. First and foremost, I wish to congratulate his excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, the Nigerian President on his successful and Potentially fruitful visit to United States. The visit was a paramount necessity, the timing was absolutely strategic, the agenda was clear, significant and meaningful, but then, the MODUS OPERANDI was disturbing; hence the necessity of this script.
It is absolutely necessary because I do not seem to understand the meaning of our Independence if we continue to 'beg' for external help in our own National problem IN SUCH A "CHILD-MOTHER" way (Don't get me wrong). Yes, no man is an Island; and as a Developing nation, ruling out such help from 'such super powers' could be an everlasting blunder. But then, do we have to cry like babies? Do we have to fly ourselves as being incompletely helpless before we get what we want? The answer is No!

What actually does Nigerian President Buhari mean by 'without strings'? It is true that my blog may not have attained the required popularity, but I remember vividly that I told president Buhari of the things he should be aware as he travelled to America.
https://www.nairaland.com/2455541/things-excellency-should-aware-he
I remember that he was aware that Free Lunch does not exist in America. That is by the way!

President Buhari said and I quote: “The fact that I now seek Obama’s assistance in locating and returning $150 billion in funds stolen in the past decade and held in foreign bank accounts on behalf of former, corrupt officials is a testament to how badly Nigeria has been run,” “This way of conducting our affairs cannot continue.” As was published in thisday Newspaper: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-seeks-obama-s-help-to-recover-150bn-nigerian-loot-/215177/

Can you imagine this statement? Must you tell the World that Nigerian had been badly run? Must you expose all your achilles heel before you receive the so-called assistance? Are we still campaigning? Has the election not been won? How many times has Obama openly criticized his opposition in such a manner...? Or do you think they have no problems at all? America is the World power because they know how to hide their weaknesses and project their strengths...the problem of Nigeria cannot be quantified that of America. America have more issues than Nigeria! Who do they go to? I am not insinuating pessimism...no, not at all. What I am trying to infer is we (Nigerians), President Buhari in Particular, should stop bugling these guys with our problems IN SUCH AN INFANTILE APPROACH THAT WILL EVENTUALLY BOOMERANG.
President Buhari also said and I still quote: "And the maintenance of pressure by the United States, mainly, and Europe, to make sure that the elections were free, fair and credible led us to where we are now. It would have been almost impossible if the United States did not maintain the pressure on the former Nigerian government... " As was published in Paragraph 11 of an article in Premium times: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/features-and-interviews/187005-full-text-of-joint-press-briefing-by-presidents-buhari-obama.html

I want to ask a question...Is Nigeria not a sovereign state? Then what does President Buhari mean by 'maintenance of pressure from United States...' That's a misappropriation appreciation if you may ask me. Every kudos regarding the election success should come to us (Nigerians) alone especially INEC; and not United States. What did they contribute to make the election violent-free? How many have they contributed in Burundi? Were they not the ones predicting and prophesying that Nigeria will divide by 2015? President Buhari, sir, Please give honour to whom honour is due. Honour is NOT due for Obama and his America insofar as this election success was concerned.
Fellow Nigerians, Let's get it straight without any form of fear or partisanship...this is not shear criticism (as many would mistranslate), it is simply a passionate call for critical thinking and evaluation. Mr President, sir, first and foremost, please try and understand this (SEE BELOW SCREENSHOT): Nothing is ever free on earth! Yes, fine, they may not have "strings" attached to it, but they may simply attach just a "rope". The underlying factor, which is the bitter truth is there must be an "attachment"...Mr President!
secondly Mr President Buhari, sir, Nigeria is not just an independent nation, we are a sovereign state. Let Nigeria 'seek' assistance and not 'beg for' assistance. "Seek, you shall find". "A begger has no choice".
I rest my case. Good bless my president, Muhammadu Buhari.

http://www.ogainnocent.com/2015/07/my-observation-on-president-buharis.html

1 Like

Re: "Please Stop Demeaning Nigeria, We Are Not Handicapped" by bababuff(m): 3:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
k
Re: "Please Stop Demeaning Nigeria, We Are Not Handicapped" by engrsyer(m): 3:18pm On Jul 23, 2015
ok
Re: "Please Stop Demeaning Nigeria, We Are Not Handicapped" by tck2000(m): 1:34pm On Jun 09, 2019
Oh

(1) (Reply)

Court Sustains Order Against Electricity Tariff Hike - Thank God OO / More Trouble For PDP As 1000 Members Defect To APGA In Anambra / [Picture] Diamond Bank Apologizes To Hon. Abike Dabiri-erewa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.