Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,433 members, 7,971,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 11:50 AM

Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? (7424 Views)

Sfiso Ncwane Buys Car For Francis Anosike, Nigerian Pastor For Healing Him (pics / Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. / Can A Nigerian Pastor Reject 20 Million Naira Bribe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by PurestBoy(m): 11:46pm On Mar 15, 2009
Another meaningless thread fun prophet banon. I'm still wondering why the admin loves to place Christian/Pastor controversial topics on the frontpage leaving the other religion aside
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by obstead200(m): 11:49pm On Mar 15, 2009
personally, i cant vouch for nigerian pastors. while I woudnt go all the way and say they are corrupt, let me just admit that most of them love the pleasures of these world (which money can buy) more than the PROMISES of eternal riches in heaven.

My own pastor is probably the richest pastor in Nigeria, but I can bet my last Kobo and probably my life that if you are to offer him a N10bn bribe, he will definitely twist the bible to justify reasons why he should collect the bribe.
do not forget that he can only call it a bribe if he wishes to. He can always baptise it and christen it with a new name, e.g seed offering, first fruits, violent offering and so on. the names no dey finish.
anyway I still believe fully in his mandate and his ministry.

there is only one man in Nigeria (and[b] some[/b] of his followers) whom I cannot risk betting N5000 on the fact that they will accept bribe of any amount. he is pastor W.F Kumuyi of Deeper life. I can swear with my life that he will not take 100 billion dollars bribe from anyone.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by stanchi(m): 12:25am On Mar 16, 2009
Of course being a pastor does not exempt you from giving in to such temptations, but get this right, great christian faithfuls are not only within the ordained fold.
There are also non-christians/moralist that can resist such even in our time, so a pastor that baptizes bribe into whatever and accepts it, is definitely lured into this sin by his own greed,worldliness and ungodly desires.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by Otherwise: 12:32am On Mar 16, 2009
@A-town and Otherwise

Are you trying to say there is no single true pastor in all of Nigeria? Watch it, please. I know a pastor who would not take ten billion naira as bribe. Otherwise seems particularly bitter at Nigerian pastors; I wonder why that is. How many Nigerian pastors do you actually know very well that you cast all of them as "worse than those they call sinners?" Do you mean there is no single born-again person in Nigeria?

AND DID SOMEONE INSINUATE THAT JESUS CHRIST WOULD TAKE BRIBE AND GIVE IT SOME OTHER NAME TO PLACATE HIS CONSCIENCE?

Any human being with a proper upbringing that wasn't corrupted by bad company can resist a bribe, no matter how much it is. I can resist a ten billion naira bribe.

Ps 105:15
Saying, Touch not mine anointed , ( you and I )  and do my prophets ( you and I ) no harm.
KJV                                           
Watch what you do, so God's wrath won't fall on you, ( yes not because I speak of the truth which you may ask what truth ). Believe me, it's not the most exciting experience ( because it is not ).

OK, to answer your Questions, not in Nigeria and not outside Nigeria because all they, pastors, imams, general-overseers you name them knows is money, money, money, if there is any, he, she is not called pastor or imam.

Have you ever asked yourself why is there always money issues in the churches and mosques?.

Again what dose God or Allah has to do with money which we were told is the root of all evil, money kills, it enslaves, it torture, it divide, it manipulates and so on, money has no place in God's things.

I am glad you said you can resist 10BN bribe but from your Ps. 105:15 quote I am afraid if you could because that is the pastor's, imam's fraud code; fear, put fear into people then money will save them isn't?, look let me tell you, we all are God's anointed by his LOVE, that is why you see Sun, Rain etc. is there for all and this same LOVE is all he ask of us, love one and other period, the rest is human beings making.

Now hear God speak: if your wicked earthly father can give you fish not sneak when you asked for it what about me your heavenly father?, do you see what God is really are, Love not fear.

God is not an angry man that his wrath will fall on me?, but pastors, imams, general-overseers are, fear is the order of the day, look at those names General-Overseer the second god isn't?, sorry.

I am told only the truth will save me so whom do I have to fear by speaking the truth maybe you so that wrath of pastors, imams, general-overseers won't fall on me isn't, any way thank you for the information, I will think of it, I hope you are happy.

Why-me-why-not-me
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by Myself2(m): 7:06am On Mar 16, 2009
I wont even dignify this useless topic from a clueless OP with a yes or no answer
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by dammytosh: 8:47am On Mar 16, 2009
A very useless topic.

Some foolish Christians allow heathens to bring up controversial issues about their faith and they start contributing uselessly.
"Can any Nigerian Pastor Reject a 10 Billion Bribe ? " does that look like something to debate on if u have a good job ?

I guess the first poster is suffering from this Global Economic, Financial and Religous melt down. embarassed
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by Reptyle(m): 10:10am On Mar 16, 2009
If Jesus Christ could turn down an offer from the devil to possess the whole, methinks it is not impossible for a true Nigerian pastor (and believe me, there are quite a few in Nigeria) to turn down 10 Billion.

As an aside, I never stop wondering how threads that call into question the integrity of Christians keep making the front page. Just wondering,
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by fesse(f): 10:14am On Mar 16, 2009
@banom,
you again with this your 10 billion naira. everybody is not you that bribery and corruption has eaten deep into them. for the fact that you can't reject ordinary 500 naira bribery does not mean everybody is like you.
so there are thousands even millions of nigerians that can do and live perfectly with bribe.
[s]banom and thetruth, haters of christian faithfuls, stop hating them.[/s]
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by PurestBoy(m): 10:55am On Mar 16, 2009
fesse:

@banom,
you again with this your 10 billion naira. everybody is not you that bribery and corruption has eaten deep into them. for the fact that you can't reject ordinary 500 naira bribery does not mean everybody is like you.
so there are thousands even millions of nigerians that can do and live perfectly with bribe.
[s]banom and thetruth, haters of christian faithfuls, stop hating them.[/s]

Fesse please take your time and no let me vex with you oo, how could you say banon can't reject 500 naira bribe, let me tell you now, this hungry banon can betray his mother that's if he has one for a minimum of 100 naira. He thinks everyone is corrupt like him.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by PurestBoy(m): 10:57am On Mar 16, 2009
I've never seen anyone as jobless as Banon
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by ijleke(f): 11:17am On Mar 16, 2009
there aresome certain things that are not meant to be talked about and this is one of them, Any one that is anointed of God is God's servant and we do not have any right to talk bad or make jest about them,
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by manmustwac(m): 11:54am On Mar 16, 2009
ijleke:

there aresome certain things that are not meant to be talked about and this is one of them, Any one that is anointed of God is God's servant and we do not have any right to talk bad or make jest about them,
So we should allow them to continue to build churches houses and buy rides with our tithes and its only the imaginary man in the sky who can question them?
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by ots: 12:17pm On Mar 16, 2009
I thought this forum is to educate one's mind but from the trend so far, i am really disappointed with all these baseless topics.i sincerely believe the whole idea of creating this forum is not to sow a seed of disunity among contributors.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by oluwdashmi(f): 12:48pm On Mar 16, 2009
I know banom as always been an antichrist and I'm not surprised but what bothers me is when he will rise to become a 'pastor with an example of what pastors should look like'

In the first place, for what offence and why are you bribing a pastor? There are one million and one pastors who will never collect any amount of bribe.

Secondly, you talk about Nigerian pastors all the time, are there better pastors around the world? Are we not all human beings just in different locations of the world?

The fact that banom and his followers can receive a N100 bribe in replace of their destiny does not mean everybody will. Lets Leave any pastors out of this, I can bet you that an ordinary person who is neither a pastor/Imam or whatever can reject a $10 billions even to the point of death.

What matters most is INTEGRITY.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by PurestBoy(m): 12:53pm On Mar 16, 2009
@oluwdashmi

I guess Banon is Oga Seun's cousin or inlaw because I see no reason why this baseless topic should be in the main page
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by EOA(m): 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2009
Mt 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Mr 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

It takes someone that has not discovered this TRUTH about GOD to think there is nobody that is sincerely serving GOD.

1 Kings 19:10 And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away. (Like the thoughts of so many people)

Even Prophet Elijah thought that he was the only one in Israel that is standing for GOD until God told him otherwise in 1 Kings 19:18 quoted below. God did not say one, two, fifteen or one thousand but a whooping seven thousand people that were also faithfully abiding (you should be staggared with this revelation from God). Your understanding of the scriptures will help you in issues like this. This understanding will let you know that there are men/women in the Police that will not collect bribe, men/ladies on campuses that are virgins, Christians (Pastor/members) that are standing right and not fall victim of the topic, civil servants that do not collect bribes etc. But if you think you know more that God, then you are on your own.

1Kings 19:18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

So when they say that "every body is doing it" and you believe it then you are one of the most gullible people on nairaland.

Shalom!
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by seedord247(m): 3:04pm On Mar 16, 2009
mr poster, if you are pastor can you reject the offer?
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by mystikal(m): 7:36pm On Mar 16, 2009
na wa o
if i were a pastor and u brought 10 billion naira 2 me, I will gladly collect it. Y? do u know how far ur money would go 2 promote d gospel? lol

by the way, wt would u even be bribing me for, to bribe God for u? i dont get it.
this is almost a very dumb post
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by idoko191: 10:31am On Mar 17, 2009
i have a neigbour that is now a Pastor. he is a friend but i cant trust him cos he is a criminal. well he is a pastor with a congregation. i sit here telling u that if he were offered 10 bill. he wont think about it.
question
1) who is a Pastor? anybody that adds the prefix to his name
2) what is the job of a Pastor? to flaunt his so called blesings and ignore the needs of his congregation
3) is your pastor balmeless? NO!!!!! he is human so they shud act it. but they act like Tin gods.

4 billion naira Jet stream.hmmm. my moto pass ur own. Nigerians need to get their priorities straight. now.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by ayobase(m): 12:03pm On Mar 17, 2009
yes, there are men of God
i will lay my life for as far
as this concerned.

W.F Kumuyi
D.K Olukoya
E.A Adeboye
Abioye
Akande

money is another form is welcomed,
but bribe in any way?

NO WAY!!!!
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by idoko191: 1:13pm On Mar 17, 2009
remember that Jesus Lamented about the temple becoming a Market place well Nigerian churches are now shopping malls. look do not speak for anotha man becos u know not what he thinketh. let alone lay down ur life. too many scams running. why shud a church be given duty waiver. esp when it has no economic gain it offers the nation.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by banom(m): 2:39pm On Mar 17, 2009
ayobase:

yes, there are men of God
i will lay my life for as far
as this concerned.

W.F Kumuyi
D.K Olukoya
E.A Adeboye
Abioye
Akande

money is another form is welcomed,
but bribe in any way?

NO WAY!!!!

Realy, then the following Pastors will reject it as well, Pastor Alameghesia, Pastor IBB, Pastor Anini, Pastor Derico, Pastor Obasanjo, Pastor Criminal,

You think because someone owns a church and calls himself a pastor , he is now a holy man abi ?,

Understand this: Nigeria is hard economicaly and many Nigerians are gullibles, smart and con men understood this very well,for them to make a living,a good number of them went into church business , knowing very well that they have waiting customers who will patronise them and wouldn't question them in any way,

when offered 10 billion naira, most Nigerian pastors will denounce Jesus christ and hand him over again to the Roman authority for second cruxifision.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by dayokanu(m): 2:19am On Mar 18, 2009
Definitely not Eununch Adeboye, Oyakhilome or all those Private jet Pastors.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by zaragoza(m): 10:52am On Mar 18, 2009
Lets just call a spade by its name, and not just a farm tool. I certainly agree with banom. Who actually is a pastor? How many of d so-called pastors are genuinely men of God? Someone wld just wake up one morning,rent a warehouse,buy musical instruments & next thing they wld start answering anointed men of God. I hear people bashing banom,sayin he's anti-christian, while some are askin why seun keeps bringing up anti-christian threads on d home page; d truth is dat u dont solve a problem by running 4rm it. Most of our so-called men of God are not genuine and needs to be exposed, how many of them preach salvation? Its always prosperity and most common now instilling fear into thier vulnerable congregation by tellin dem dat they are being attacked by so so person in d marine world etc at times dey cause conflict btw families by blaming a family 4 d others misfortune. If d other religions decide to remain numb about d decadence in thier religion dats their problem. As xtains we are required to speak d truth.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by youngies(m): 11:39am On Mar 18, 2009
dayokanu:

Definitely not Eununch Adeboye, Oyakhilome or all those Private jet Pastors.

DK you dey craze! shocked

grin grin grin grin grin I guess they have no earthly need of N10 billion grin
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by banom(m): 3:20pm On Mar 18, 2009
youngies:

DK you dey craze! shocked

grin grin grin grin grin I guess they have no earthly need of N10 billion grin

@ Youngies,

You misunderstood him,he was been ironical .
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by banom(m): 5:03pm On Mar 18, 2009
seedord247:

mr poster, if you are pastor can you reject the offer?

Will i become a pastor ?

I dey craze ?

Will i reject a 10 billion naira bribery offer (Holy offering to the man of God) ?

I dey mad ?
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by oluclem(m): 5:15pm On Mar 18, 2009
This is very ridiculous, you are simply mocking the men of God in Nigeria. Are you saying none of the pastor in Nigeria will get to Heaven? or don't you know that everyyone who take or give bribe will never get to heaven? think about this before you raise this kind of issue again.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by MrCrackles(m): 5:19pm On Mar 18, 2009
Topic

YES, Pastor Brashy Crackles
! grin
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by banom(m): 6:36pm On Mar 18, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic

YES, Pastor Brashy Crackles
! grin

Indeed.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by Omojeje1: 4:54am On Mar 19, 2009
Point of correcttion MONEY is not the root of all evil but LOVE OF MONEY grin
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by PastorAIO: 10:02am On Mar 19, 2009
Please Pastor Banom, and Pastor Crackles can you tell me what you think of these verses that Christ spoke:

6 “They love the place of honor at banquets and the chief seats in the synagogues, 7 and respectful greetings in the market places, and being called Rabbi by men. 8 “But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 “Do not call anyone on earth your father (Pope); for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10 “Do not be called leaders; for One is your Leader, that is, Christ. 11 “But the greatest among you shall be your servant.
From Matthew Chapter 6.

The purple word is my own addition sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christians, Satanist And Atheist I Pity You / So Which Is The True Religion? / The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.