Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,946 members, 7,890,112 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:28 AM

Biafra National Anthem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra National Anthem (1961 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: Biafra National Guard Declares War Against Nigerian Army / Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem / BREAKING!!! Biafra National Team Defeat Taipei Magpies Of Taiwan 4:1 (see Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra National Anthem by Atlantian: 7:57pm On Jul 23, 2015
[size=18pt]LAND OF THE RISING SUN[/size]

[b]Land of rising sun, we love and cherish,
Beloved homeland of our brave heroes;
We must defend our lives or we shall perish,
We shall protect our hearts from all our foes;
But if the price is death for all we hold dear,
Then let us die without a shred of fear.

Hail to Biafra, consecrated nation,
O fatherland, this be our solemn pledge:
Defending thee shall be a dedication,
Spilling our blood we’ll count a privilege;
The waving standard which emboldens the free
Shall always be our flag of liberty.

We shall emerge triumphant from this ordeal,
And through the crucible unscathed we’ll pass;
When we are poised the wounds of battle to heal,
We shall remember those who died in mass;
Then shall our trumpets peal the glorious song
Of victory we scored o’er might and wrong.

Oh God, protect us from the hidden pitfall,
Guide all our movements lest we go astray;
Give us the strength to heed the humanist call:
To give and not to count the cost’ each day;
Bless those who rule to serve with resoluteness,
To make this clime a land of righteousness.[/b]

Composed by Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra National Anthem by Atlantian: 7:58pm On Jul 23, 2015
It might tarry, but Biafra MUST be achieved. Spread this message of peace, and not of war. No single bullet will be fired this time.

1 Like

Re: Biafra National Anthem by loomer: 8:03pm On Jul 23, 2015
I no say make biafra no come to past o, but the anthem is something else.

Reminds me of slave trade

1 Like

Re: Biafra National Anthem by PMIcon(m): 8:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
Well, you have the right to your wishes but it is still an Anthem not yet a "National" Anthem.
Re: Biafra National Anthem by Atlantian: 8:09pm On Jul 23, 2015
PMIcon:
Well, you have the right to your wishes but it is still an Anthem not yet a "National" Anthem.
I assume you love us enough not to want us to secede. Biafra existed as a country for 3 years with currency, institutions and a standing army. There was no social media then. Now, we are back, more sophistication, wealthier and committed.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra National Anthem by Atlantian: 8:11pm On Jul 23, 2015
loomer:
I no say make biafra no come to past o, but the anthem is something else.

Reminds me of slave trade
Reminds you of slave trade ? Methuselah.
Re: Biafra National Anthem by lekankolade(m): 8:11pm On Jul 23, 2015
even baba Zik go dey pity una over dis journey of no destination
Re: Biafra National Anthem by loomer: 8:12pm On Jul 23, 2015
Atlantian:
Reminds you of slave trade ? Methuselah.

Methu seller
Re: Biafra National Anthem by guttentag(m): 8:13pm On Jul 23, 2015
Oh charlie

Re: Biafra National Anthem by Atlantian: 8:13pm On Jul 23, 2015
lekankolade:
even baba Zik go dey pity una over dis journey of no destination
Baba Zik, came to us in the dream, and tell us to make this a reality. Do not worry about us, worry how your Nigeria will be funded long after we have gone with our oil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra National Anthem by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 23, 2015
God bless Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, this dream would have become reality had pride not taken over.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra National Anthem by Atlantian: 8:14pm On Jul 23, 2015
loomer:

Methu seller
I will offer you Biafra Green Card, if you are of good behavior.

1 Like

Re: Biafra National Anthem by Atlantian: 8:15pm On Jul 23, 2015
Obiagelli:
God bless Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe
The man that saw tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Biafra National Anthem by PMIcon(m): 8:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
Atlantian:
I assume you love us enough not to want us to secede. Biafra existed as a country for 3 years with currency, institutions and a standing army. There was no social media then. Now, we are back, more sophistication, wealthier and committed.

I'm indifferent. But just want Nigeria back on its feet and no more bloodshed.
Re: Biafra National Anthem by loomer: 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2015
Atlantian:
I will offer you Biafra Green Card, if you are of good behavior.

I pray una achieve una goal.

But already that anthem na sign of bitterness and anger.

The truth is, unless una rally international community, lay down a vivid reason why una need to get una own country, bros I see it so difficult to achieve.
Ukraine na example
Re: Biafra National Anthem by Atlantian: 8:18pm On Jul 23, 2015
PMIcon:

I'm indifferent. But just want Nigeria back on its feet and no more bloodshed.
There will be no single bloodshed, not even a single gun will be fired. Now we are creating awareness, that the amalgamation has expired. 100yrs pact is over. We want out, peacefully, after all, Nigeria doesnt do anything for us. We want out. UN, EU, US will monitor this referendum.

1 Like

Re: Biafra National Anthem by Atlantian: 8:22pm On Jul 23, 2015
loomer:

I pray una achieve una goal.

But already that anthem na sign of bitterness and anger.

The truth is, unless una rally international community, lay down a vivid reason why una need to get una own country, bros I see it so difficult to achieve.
Ukraine na example
Allow us to worry about that, and thanks for your avid suggestions. International Community is already aware. And our brothers in every country are holding town hall meetings. This time, we will not fight, we will hold referendum, but if Nigeria decides to fight us, we will blow up all oil installations and the country will naturally grind to a halt and every ethnicity will find their survival. We are already dead, you cant kill us anymore. We are already pushed to the wall.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra National Anthem by loomer: 8:34pm On Jul 23, 2015
Atlantian:
Allow us to worry about that, and thanks for your avid suggestions. International Community is already aware. And our brothers in every country are holding town hall meetings. This time, we will not fight, we will hold referendum, but if Nigeria decides to fight us, we will blow up all oil installations and the country will naturally grind to a halt and every ethnicity will find their survival. We are already dead, you cant kill us anymore. We are already pushed to the wall.

The truth is war wouldn't solve a thing.
Dialogue will. And I dey very sure say if they use dialogue, and refrain from threats of destroying lives an property the dream will be a reality
Re: Biafra National Anthem by Young03(m): 8:35pm On Jul 23, 2015
ok
Re: Biafra National Anthem by Atlantian: 8:38pm On Jul 23, 2015
loomer:

The truth is war wouldn't solve a thing.
Dialogue will. And I dey very sure say if they use dialogue, and refrain from threats of destroying lives an property the dream will be a reality
We have been talking about dialogue for over 20yrs and no one paid attention. Just 2 years that we are talking of violence, the whole world is paying attention. My dream of having 247 electricity can not be achieved in Nigeria. My dream of health care can not be achieved in Nigeria. Nigeria is too big to be managed by just petroleum, so its best for the world to listen to us. We want out, we want out, we want out.

1 Like

Re: Biafra National Anthem by loomer: 8:45pm On Jul 23, 2015
Atlantian:
We have been talking about dialogue for over 20yrs and no one paid attention. Just 2 years that we are talking of violence, the whole world is paying attention. My dream of having 247 electricity can not be achieved in Nigeria. My dream of health care can not be achieved in Nigeria. Nigeria is too big to be managed by just petroleum, so its best for the world to listen to us. We want out, we want out, we want out.

Just as u want out so also most people. But I guarantee u, if na with violence, una no go achieve anything
Re: Biafra National Anthem by Atlantian: 8:49pm On Jul 23, 2015
loomer:

Just as u want out so also most people. But I guarantee u, if na with violence, una no go achieve anything
You can not guarantee me anything, because you are not qualified to make that statement. You are tooooooo tiny to even think of that. We are not afraid, we are not scared. Nigeria cant defeat a ragtag Boko Haram but you assume you can defeat a secessionist movement that will be powered by oil money.

1 Like

Re: Biafra National Anthem by loomer: 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2015
Atlantian:
You can not guarantee me anything, because you are not qualified to make that statement. You are tooooooo tiny to even think of that. We are not afraid, we are not scared. Nigeria cant defeat a ragtag Boko Haram but you assume you can defeat a secessionist movement that will be powered by oil money.

Do u have to make insulting statements?
We are discussing like adults. If u don't wanna talk den u can stop. But please I beg u in God's name no insult me.
Re: Biafra National Anthem by lekankolade(m): 10:10pm On Jul 23, 2015
Atlantian:
Baba Zik, came to us in the dream, and tell us to make this a reality. Do not worry about us, worry how your Nigeria will be funded long after we have gone with our oil.
laughing in Chinese......imagine u guys eventually secede, and they later realised that the oyel they're crying of have finished or its so few for u guys to depend on, what will be una fate?
Re: Biafra National Anthem by Princematarazzi(m): 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
#CMS
guttentag:
Oh charlie

(1) (Reply)

Between Ijaws And Rivers Minorities By Ken Saro Wiwa / Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Now N232 At The Parallel Market (black Market) / Throwback Photo Of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, Asari Dokunbo & Muhammed Yusuf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.