Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,709 members, 7,889,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:42 AM

About Leaving Your Smartphone To Charge Over-night - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / About Leaving Your Smartphone To Charge Over-night (30842 Views)

Six Tips To Get Your Phone Battery To Charge Much Faster / Fix Your Phone Without Leaving Your Comfort / Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Leaving Your Smartphone To Charge Over-night by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
I sell of my fones ones I notice any liTtle battery shi' NO TImE!

Well, I've been usinng this my android since 2012 qnd the battery is harder than my hard-on!
Re: About Leaving Your Smartphone To Charge Over-night by RaeMystix: 3:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
Good to know
Re: About Leaving Your Smartphone To Charge Over-night by menxer: 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
From personal experience over night charging is not a good practice, it sent my laptop battery to an early grave. i wonder why laptops aren't that smart since they have around longer than smart phones.
Re: About Leaving Your Smartphone To Charge Over-night by temmym4(m): 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
Enough of this Nons*nse and st*pidity relating bogus sh*its into plugging phones overnight. Are you Insan.e? is your phone a rechargeable lantern? for God sake, this is why your phone is being built with an IC. You get a notification when your battery is full and the phone automatically stops charging I.e current stops flowing into the battery.

You only get a maximum of 5Volts DC power from a plugged mobile charger, what effect has that kind of voltage has on human?

I have being plugging my phones overnight for the past 11 years. nothing happened. Some Moro.ns will even set an alarm so as to calculate the amount of time their phones charged and wake up to remove it.

unless you are being followed from your village will 5Volt of power harm you. It doesn't matter if u are an engineering student/practician or not, Try knowing little about something and something about little. stop being ignoramus! dam.n it!!
Re: About Leaving Your Smartphone To Charge Over-night by dharay88: 9:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
Re: About Leaving Your Smartphone To Charge Over-night by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
solutions2itech:

what if you charge from 0%, to say 80%, Are you still charging up to a cycle or must get to 100%
for whatever reasons, it's not good to let the battery run down to 0%. 0-80% might not be technically full cycle but may have nearly same effect on the battery life. A dealer i asked similar question a year earlier advised me to charge once the battery hits 50%. If PHCN disappoints so much that you can't help it, better invest in power banks.
Re: About Leaving Your Smartphone To Charge Over-night by kazzonline: 11:41am On Jul 26, 2015
Well this shld not be an issue anymore, smrtphones of nowadays auomatically stops chrging wen its gets full up to 100 percent, the batteris hv been inserted wf chips that enables that, so whether its plugged overnyt battery stops charging at 100 percent
Re: About Leaving Your Smartphone To Charge Over-night by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
flyca:
What makes a phone smart? I say its fast and accurate ability to respond to electronic signals. These signals are programmed in microchips and controlled by microprocessors. But with power surges, the microprocessors can be either damaged or can mis-track.
(I could explain further but let me not bore you)

It is not advisable in Nigeria to leave your phone overnight. Nigerian Electricity has a lot of power surges, low current, half current, quarter current, over current sef, and these can damage the phone.

As a matter of fact, I advise that you always use a power bank to charge your phone instead of direct electric source. It is safer, at most the power bank is damaged. Your phone is not affected!

How do I know?
I'm a Master's student in Power Engineering. Bachelor in EE #winks
hello flyca pls how can i reach you. i have a bteh and m.eng elect eng. power from nigeria. am thinking phd abroad. need to have a word with you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tutorial: How To Download .jar Files With Operamini 5 / Apple To Release iPhone 13 In September / Itel Mobile Launches P51 As Small Doctor Thrills Fans In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.