Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,662 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:26 AM

Why I Still Head INEC After Expiration Of My Tenure — Zakari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Still Head INEC After Expiration Of My Tenure — Zakari (901 Views)

How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan / Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed / I May Not Complete My Tenure As President – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Still Head INEC After Expiration Of My Tenure — Zakari by simeonii(m): 8:19am On Jul 25, 2015
The acting Chairperson of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Amina Zakari, has explained why she still leads the electoral body after the expiration of her tenure as a National Commissioner. Ms. Zakari, whose tenure as National Commissioner expired July 21, was appointed acting chairperson of INEC by President Muhammadu Buhari following the retirement of Attahiru Jega, who had earlier handed over to Ahmed Wali, on June 30.
Speaking Friday, Ms. Zakari said while her tenure had earlier expired, she was appointed anew by President Buhari in an acting capacity. “My tenure would have expired on July 21st but my letter of appointment as Acting Chairman claimed categorically I should act pending when a new (substantive Chairman of the) Commission is put in place,” she said.
On the controversy surrounding her appointment, Ms. Zakari stated, “I think we should not distract ourselves from the issues at hand, I have been in the Commission, I am a National Commissioner, I passed through the Senate screening to become a National Commissioner, and by virtue of that I am appointed Acting Chairman in the Commission.
“So there shouldn’t have been much controversy. But be it as may I have a job to do and I am set to do that job”.
The opposition Peoples Democratic Party had questioned her appointment, accusing Mr. Buhari of favouritism.
Meanwhile, the INEC chief has restated the Commission’s commitment to continue deploying technology to Nigeria’s electoral process with a view to achieving improved performance.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/187221-why-i-still-head-inec-after-expiration-of-my-tenure-zakari.html

Cc:lalasticlala

Re: Why I Still Head INEC After Expiration Of My Tenure — Zakari by snazzy5050(m): 8:20am On Jul 25, 2015
Ok next!
Re: Why I Still Head INEC After Expiration Of My Tenure — Zakari by simeonii(m): 8:20am On Jul 25, 2015
cheesy
Re: Why I Still Head INEC After Expiration Of My Tenure — Zakari by kadas01(m): 8:42am On Jul 25, 2015
There should be "balance" in appointments at federal level!

1 Like

Re: Why I Still Head INEC After Expiration Of My Tenure — Zakari by SouthernBreeze(m): 8:46am On Jul 25, 2015
simeonii:
The acting Chairperson of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Amina Zakari, has explained why she still leads the electoral body after the expiration of her tenure as a National Commissioner. Ms. Zakari, whose tenure as National Commissioner expired July 21, was appointed acting chairperson of INEC by President Muhammadu Buhari following the retirement of Attahiru Jega, who had earlier handed over to Ahmed Wali, on June 30.
Speaking Friday, Ms. Zakari said while her tenure had earlier expired, she was appointed anew by President Buhari in an acting capacity. “My tenure would have expired on July 21st but my letter of appointment as Acting Chairman claimed categorically I should act pending when a new (substantive Chairman of the) Commission is put in place,” she said.
On the controversy surrounding her appointment, Ms. Zakari stated, “I think we should not distract ourselves from the issues at hand, I have been in the Commission, I am a National Commissioner, I passed through the Senate screening to become a National Commissioner, and by virtue of that I am appointed Acting Chairman in the Commission.
“So there shouldn’t have been much controversy. But be it as may I have a job to do and I am set to do that job”.
The opposition Peoples Democratic Party had questioned her appointment, accusing Mr. Buhari of favouritism.
Meanwhile, the INEC chief has restated the Commission’s commitment to continue deploying technology to Nigeria’s electoral process with a view to achieving improved performance.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/187221-why-i-still-head-inec-after-expiration-of-my-tenure-zakari.html

Cc:lalasticlala
Hogwash. It's simply because you're a Northerner and Baba Bu has found gullibility in you
Re: Why I Still Head INEC After Expiration Of My Tenure — Zakari by FacelessPatriot: 9:04am On Jul 25, 2015
seems they now read the constitution upside down
Re: Why I Still Head INEC After Expiration Of My Tenure — Zakari by akosh005: 11:34am On Jul 25, 2015
She is a politician nw.
Re: Why I Still Head INEC After Expiration Of My Tenure — Zakari by kernel504(m): 11:44am On Jul 25, 2015
This is cluelessness magnified.

1 Like

Re: Why I Still Head INEC After Expiration Of My Tenure — Zakari by Dannyset(m): 11:47am On Jul 25, 2015
U are not to respond to all Wailers sayings. Leave it to Mr Adesina to do. He will give them a new name.
Re: Why I Still Head INEC After Expiration Of My Tenure — Zakari by ganja06(m): 12:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
Look at this woman contradicting herself. You are appointed because according to you, you are an inec commissioner and since july 21 you have seized to be a commissioner so you need a court to tell you that you are no longer qualified to be in that position. Save your explaination we know why you are still there.
Re: Why I Still Head INEC After Expiration Of My Tenure — Zakari by pistol: 12:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
she ended up not saying anything and making mockery and fool of herself.

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Governor Wike Bowing To Amaechi / "I Will Continue To Be Grateful To General Sani Abacha":Governor Fayose(Pics) / Tinubu And Fasola Fighting Dirty (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.