Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,880 members, 7,935,766 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 03:21 PM

Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 (15449 Views)

Stock Market Shareholders Lose N1.15trn In Q1 / Feb 2016 Fixed Deposit Rates: GTB, Diamond, Firstbank, Stanbic, Sterling, Wema / Stock Market Shareholders Lose N108billion To Forex Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by Cutehector(m): 12:05pm On Jul 25, 2015
Union bank is d best bank in d world.. Yaaay grin

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by RichDad1(m): 12:05pm On Jul 25, 2015
That's abysmal.
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by dapotemi: 12:10pm On Jul 25, 2015
FLASH::However, the bank saw income from commissions and fees rise 14% to N9.5billion.
Things however went south for the bank after it posted an operating expense of N27 billion (N24.1billion).
We also noted that the bank’s deposits dropped significantly by 9% to N1.4trillion
Also of note was the fact that the bank lent about 18.7% of its Loans and Advances to other banks.
NOTE:The above statement means alot o..Rise in Operating expense will lead to "Job cut" and drop in deposit means that the remaining workers,especially the marketers and the contract staff will have to work their ass off.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by dammytosh: 12:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
Election postponement

Oil price fall

Naira Devaluation

No bank can claim not to have felt the impact unless the books are cooked.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by DWJOBScom(m): 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
libertyfather:
No wonder they told me ATM is automatic and I dint request for it, up till date no text has been sent to me to come for my ATM, all important to them is my 1050 naira they want to deduct.....shame on them

SoRry dear

If one was provided for you , your "jealously can't spend" N1050 would've been taken oFf since.
They can't take it after the card has been produced, it's taken before the card is produced
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by gbz123: 12:18pm On Jul 25, 2015
[i]...........CENTRE OF EYE SERVICE BANK
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by onatisi(m): 12:18pm On Jul 25, 2015
So many “no wonder” on this thread, me too I come dey wonder why “no wonder”??
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by engrshakespeare: 12:32pm On Jul 25, 2015
sashx:
Access Bank all the way. The bst upcoming bank in Africa

Access bank staff, weldone. because den pay u salary abi. ur eye gi soin clear
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by engrshakespeare: 12:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
Adesiji77:

Hmm...Not everything that glitters is gold... cool

help me tell am. dis one is not even glittering.
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by papinx(m): 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
No wonder the OAU branch wound up...
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by libertyfather(m): 12:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
DWJOBScom:

SoRry dear

If one was provided for you , your "jealously can't spend" N1050 would've been taken oFf since.
They can't take it after the card has been produced, it's taken before the card is produced

I dint request for it at all, besides I don't want ATM for the account that was the purpose I open account with them... UBA call me many times if I need ATM I told them no, that's banking not just deducting my money for what I dint want at all
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by luthorcorp: 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
too bad,and when I thought they were dis close to perfect.......maybe the snail syndrome is rubbing off on them
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by luvluvluv: 12:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
I tell u dis, diamond is still one of the best so far...

The figures only show transparency in their system rather than the usual practices of some other banks who cook up good figures jus 2 impress gullible prospective customers.

Well, they can up their charges on interbank transfers coz I notice even though their service is cloz to perfect, their charges are still very low compared to other banks.

ur Bank!!

10 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by cecegorz(m): 1:10pm On Jul 25, 2015
dapotemi:
FLASH::However, the bank saw income from commissions and fees rise 14% to N9.5billion.
Things however went south for the bank after it posted an operating expense of N27 billion (N24.1billion).
We also noted that the bank’s deposits dropped significantly by 9% to N1.4trillion
Also of note was the fact that the bank lent about 18.7% of its Loans and Advances to other banks.
NOTE:The above statement means alot o..Rise in Operating expense will lead to "Job cut" and drop in deposit means that the remaining workers,especially the marketers and the contract staff will have to work their ass off.

Definitely, Opex is expected to rise for all companies operating in Nigeria for the last quarter, giving how all our economic indices had gone south since this Sole administration started.
The major problem for diamond is actually the huge loan loss expenditure. They have terrible NPL in their loan book and there is no hope in sight for recoveries.
Sometimes I think Alex Oti just used Abia Guber race as an excuse to run away from Diamond's debt burden, which he is surely partly to blame
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by Adesiji77: 1:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
davide470:
@Adesiji77, Non Interest income (FX) be saving banks since 1776. Lol.

Stanbic too saw a decline QoQ Only FBN gave us something good. Abeg, when was this released!?

Yesterday. See the timeline here http://www.diamondbank.com/index.php/component/eventlist/categoryevents/2-quarterly-result-announcement
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by fairheven: 1:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
Still my bank. Everyday no be Christmas naa.
Better days ahead! Even the biggest banks like CITI an Backlay bank are not smiling
Take it or leave it. .days of Jumbo profit are over
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by alphaconde(m): 1:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
And they were paying their staffs jumbo salaries, highest paying bank.

Now all that gliters isn't gold
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by deolu2000(m): 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2015
This shares of a thing is very annoying,i bought those of feidelity bank in 2008,i am still very surprise that they have only sent me two dividend slips in 7yrs with the new worth of less than #1000.i dont know what to do about it self.any advise for me as wel will be appr8td.
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by 4reigningqueen: 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
oh lord!

Now those guys will come on monday and be like 'this line is not moving, no wonder they are making loss'

we wil rise again
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by eduxerxes: 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
joystickextendr:
okay

Meanwhile do u want to know how u can enlarge your joystick and stop premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
no be you give the other guy mojo Ring wey make im johnthomas swell? And dem come call Fire service people to quench the fire? Abeg park well joooooor!!!
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by boiz2mhen(m): 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2015
That's y First bank will always be first bank...sustenable and continuous growth!...proudly FBN all the way
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by joystickextendr: 8:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
eduxerxes:
no be you give the other guy mojo Ring wey make im johnthomas swell? And dem come call Fire service people to quench the fire? Abeg park well joooooor!!!

grin grin no be me o...we dont sell c.**k rings
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by Adesiji77: 11:09pm On Jul 25, 2015
luvluvluv:
I tell u dis, diamond is still one of the best so far...

The figures only show transparency in their system rather than the usual practices of some other banks who cook up good figures jus 2 impress gullible prospective customers.

Well, they can up their charges on interbank transfers coz I notice even though their service is cloz to perfect, their charges are still very low compared to other banks.

ur Bank!!

@bolded: I doubt if any bank can still "cook up good figures" with impunity like yesteryears.

You sound like a staff of the bank though...cool
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by Tinyemeka(m): 5:53am On Jul 26, 2015
cecegorz:

Definitely, Opex is expected to rise for all companies operating in Nigeria for the last quarter, giving how all our economic indices had gone south since this Sole administration started.
The major problem for diamond is actually the huge loan loss expenditure. They have terrible NPL in their loan book and there is no hope in sight for recoveries.
Sometimes I think Alex Oti just used Abia Guber race as an excuse to run away from Diamond's debt burden, which he is surely partly to blame

Huge portfolio of NPL is definitely the cause. There were very weak controls in place. They issued loans wily-nily. Guess it has backfired.

P.S Could it be possible that some of these bad debts have been made to appear as operating expenses? Cos I can't think of any factor that may have contributed to the rise.
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by 240naija(m): 7:53am On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by ogbs2020love: 8:36am On Jul 26, 2015
Which one them go do for you. if them no give loan,una go complain...if them give loan, una go Still complain
Tinyemeka:

Huge portfolio of NPL is definitely the cause. There were very weak controls in place. They issued loans wily-nily. Guess it has backfired.
P.S Could it be possible that some of these bad debts have been made to appear as operating expenses? Cos I can't think of any factor that may have contributed to the rise.
Which one them go do for you. if them no give loan,una go complain...if them give loan, una go Still complain
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by NobleG1(m): 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
All your money matters should be done at First Bank, it's the only stable bank in Nigeria!
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by Adesiji77: 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2015
NobleG1:
All your money matters should be done at First Bank, it's the only stable bank in Nigeria!

The bolded is not true undecided
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by NobleG1(m): 7:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
Adesiji77:

The bolded is not true undecided

Why not give reason?
Re: Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 by Adesiji77: 7:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
NobleG1:

Why not give reason?

There are about 20 commercial banks in Nigeria; your post suggested that the other 19 or so banks are NOT stable.

Your assertion should be supported with concrete facts. Otherwise, it may be assumed that you are "de-marketing" other commercial banks.

BTW, are you a staff of FBN? wink cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life / Steps To Forming Saving Habit And Financial-Freedom / 10 Real Estate Investment Lessons To Learn From Banky W.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.