Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,296 members, 7,881,092 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:14 PM

Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) (2962 Views)

Nneka Obazee: Lesbian Meant To Be Deported To Nigeria Tries To Commit Suicide / Child Kidnapper Caught & Beaten In Sokoto Afta One Of His Victims Identified Him / Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by zyzx1(m): 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
His name is Idoko Nicholas Inalegwu and he was a
medical student of Benue State University, Makurdi.
He died recently in an unexplained accident. His
friends believe he committed suicide because he had fallen into heavy depression after receiving news of his withdrawal from medical school after spending 10 years.

According to Benue.com, after the student died,
medical students of the school took his coffin and
deposited it at the office of the vice chancellor in
protest, blaming the school's action for his death.

Idoko was withdrawn for failing a haphazardly
organised resit exam that has bedevilled medical
students in the institution over the years.

According to Benue.com, the students had
complained about the manner in which exams were
conducted, where resit exams were prolonged for up to one whole year as against the stipulated six weeks,with no efforts to engage the students.

After spending 12 years without graduation, that
many of the students in the medical school have
become disillusioned, frustrated, depressed and
some have attempted suicide due to the stagnation
and irregularities but the school management was
continuously adamant about the psychological effects of their long stay in medical school.

The students, after an altercation at the Benue State
University Teaching Hospital mortuary, obtained the
coffin of their dead colleague, marched to the VC’s
office, vowing not to leave until their grievances
which bother around the haphazard conduct of
exams, manipulation of results, withdrawals and
accreditation, are resolved.

The students this morning, blocked the Gboko-
Makurdi Highway causing a congestion of traffic.
They also burned tyres, carrying placards demanding that their Vice Chancellor address them.

They accused the VC and provost of paying a deaf ear to the predicaments of the medical students in the school over the years.
Source: www.Benue.com

Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by ladyF(f): 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2015
10 years?
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
Eyyah! But suicide is never the solution na? RIP to the dead. cry
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by pat077: 2:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
Is suicide the answer?
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by horexy(f): 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
He shouldn't have!

Na wa o

Wat a waste!
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by Demmocrats(m): 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2015
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by LieDetector(m): 2:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
And to think this institution isn't in the world's top 3000 makes it even worse.
Nigeria's institutions been frustrating students since independence.
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by Young03(m): 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2015
speechless
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by NaMe4: 2:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
That's Naija for you. 8 to 10 years is the average period a medical student spends in the University in this Country.

Withdrawing someone after 10 years? That doesn't even make any sense!
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by teepsee(f): 3:10pm On Jul 25, 2015
Seriously, the way some of this lectures behave as if being a lecturer is the greatest post on earth.

That's how in my school they call it 10 8 8. And later they will expect crim not to increase in the country.. Nonsense people
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by freeDR(m): 3:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hmmm! What a sad story!
Reminds me of some of my colleagues that I left behind in med school in 2013. Their matric no read btw 1999 to 2003; professional medical students. They cannot be blamed, ppl fail a lot in med schools.

1 Like

Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by imsuboi(m): 4:05pm On Jul 25, 2015
IMSU med students suffer the same plight too.

Imagine spending close to 12yrs in Med School (no be say you dey fail exams o!)

God help us in this country.

www.nairaland.com/1162187/imsu-medical-students-protest-imo
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by Amazondepth(m): 4:11pm On Jul 25, 2015
It's d same sad story everywhere in Nigeria.Medical schools with curriculum and programmes spanning a decade and even more in some instances.accreditation takes forever,students just languish in perpetual uncertainty and depression begins to set in.but d way forward can't b contemplating suicide.RIP young man.u chose d wrong path!
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by Elnino4ladies: 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
What a pity!
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by finestiyke(m): 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
IMSU medical School was like this until the Immediate Past Vice Chancellor, Prof. Unachukwu Awuzie employed the services of Prof. Chibundu Ohanaka, a goal getter and a super achiever, exams now hold as at when due, and in less than 1 year, 10 years stay in IMSU medical school has been reduced to 9 years and by next year it will be reduced to 7 years.

God bless Prof C. Ohanaka for us, may his kind of person be employed as Provost at Benue State Uni Medical School.
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by Ofunaofu: 5:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
pat077:
Is suicide the answer?
sometimes it could be. When one commit suicide everything ends. Frustration, Depression, lost hope, etc ends
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by OPCNAIRALAND: 5:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
Cast the sentiments to the side, anyone that spent 4yrs, not to talk 10, in med school repeating exams and still failing ought to be expelled and counseled to find another profession....

Who wants to be patient of a doctor that took 10+yrs to finish med school?

Iranu!

Rip to the dead.
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2015
What do we say about Tony Fash who spent upto 20 years in OAU, Ile-Ife studying medicine? He was rusticated several times on unionism.
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 25, 2015
I spent 7years.
I ended up watching almost 2 WORLD CUPS and 4 AFCONs...

I also gave my LIFE to CHRIST more than 46times.

1 Like

Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by Horllamideh(m): 6:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
That so cruel nah.....imagine all the efforts,the sleepless nights,the reading on half-full stomach,'let's-meet-on-saturday' this guy deposited in those 10 long years......RIP to the dead sha, aint gonna call for anybody's head but the VC should look into the matter asap
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by ellahzy(f): 6:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
Dear Lord cry
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by Adekorya: 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
EVILFOREST:
I spent 7years.
I ended up watching almost 2 WORLD CUPS and 4 AFCONs...

I also gave my LIFE to CHRIST more than 46times.

This comment got me laughing uncontrollable.
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by temiskokoraka: 6:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
embarassed
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by khassy(m): 6:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
this guy no be idoma guy sha

#ProudlyIdoma #Abole
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by alapa7000: 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
d guy don't pity his parent ni . all their money too bad
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by NaMe4: 7:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
Cast the sentiments to the side, anyone that spent 4yrs, not to talk 10, in med school repeating exams and still failing ought to be expelled and counseled to find another profession....

Who wants to be patient of a doctor that took 10+yrs to finish med school?

Iranu!

Rip to the dead.

You obviously don't know the normal duration of stay in Nigerian medical schools. The normal duration without any repeat spans from 8 to 10 years.
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by khassy(m): 7:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
omasiagu:

Obobin no, oyi, uwa doko kwalor nmor.

Owoicho hor far.

Proudly idoma from otupka branch.

Does pictures don't look like BSU.

Though, I left there long ago.
Anambra is taking good care of me here

amin ai agboriko neh... awo memu anambra beh??...

#Ogbadibo boi

1 Like

Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by EllenSirleaf14: 7:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
Rip Idoko. Just reminicing the last time we saw! I should have cared more and called more, i never thought it will end like this. I remember ur smiles and ur jokes and when we discovered we attended the same high school, when we watched a movie together, u would run inside the kitchen when they were showing a sex scene lol. How kind of you to have driven me that first night we met to NAF Base Makurdi even though you didnt have plans to drive that far so late in the night. I am so sorry for not checking on you for the last three months thinking i was busy or saddled with problems not knowing it was nothing close to yours. I will forever miss you. May the good lord be kind to your soul. Amen

RIP IDOKO
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by Ilekokonit: 8:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs

If only the guys parent(s) did not place too much a burden of expectation on him expecting him to graduate as a doctor at all costs when he might not originally have been cut out for such courses.

If only the guy saw the signs and threw in the towel the minute he lost the zeal to continue with medical school.

If only Nigerians minded their own business and stop labelling people who quit university as "drop outs".
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by EllenSirleaf14: 8:29pm On Jul 25, 2015
khassy:
#ProudlyIdoma #Abole
he is idoma
Re: Benue State Uni Med Student Commit Suicide Afta Been Withdrawn Afta 10yrs(photo) by studentwriter(m): 11:05pm On Dec 01, 2021
khassy:

#ProudlyIdoma #Abole
but why e be say na Benue na the state with the highest dropouts

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Shares Heart Breaking Picture Of A Camel He Saw At The Abuja Zoo. / I Live To Fight Another Day / Monsurat Ojuade, 18, Murdered In Cold Blood In Her Compound By The Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.