Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,611 members, 7,979,066 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:40 PM

Couple Adopts Best Friend's Four Daughters After Death From Cancer - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Couple Adopts Best Friend's Four Daughters After Death From Cancer (486 Views)

UK Based Nigerian Man Suffering From Cancer Is Dead / Traffic Management: Obaseki Adopts Best-in-class Approach As Agency Commences Wo / Teenager Falls To His Death From Europe's Tallest Building As He Tries To Take A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Adopts Best Friend's Four Daughters After Death From Cancer by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
A US couple has adopted their best friend’s four children after she died of cancer. Laura and Rico Ruffino, from New York, adopted Elizabeth Diamond’s four children, Lilyan, Ella, Samona and Tara, after she succumbed to brain cancer in August 2014 aged 40.

The couple, who admit they never expected their life to change quite so dramatically, already have two daughters and have launched an appeal to adapt their home to their new family of eight.

She said if anything ever happens to me I want you to take my girls and I instantly said ok,” Mrs Ruffino told 7 Eyewitness News.

“Ten years ago I didn’t think this would be my life. But if something gets thrown at you just accept the challenge and do the best you can,” she continued

Friends of the couple have launched an appeal for donations to convert the Ruffino’s garage into two further bedrooms so that their daughters, aged from five into their teenage years, can have extra space.

The YouCaring appeal has already raised £26,000 ($41,000) and be widely
shared across social media.
Mr Ruffino thanked supporters for all the donations yesterday. “I can't
believe the generosity you have all shown,” he wrote.
“The family is so excited and humbled at the success of this".

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-couple-adopt-best-friends-four-daughters-after-death-from-cancer-10409966.html
Re: Couple Adopts Best Friend's Four Daughters After Death From Cancer by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2015
Laura and her best friend Elizabeth

Re: Couple Adopts Best Friend's Four Daughters After Death From Cancer by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
Laura and Rico with Elizabeth's daughters

Re: Couple Adopts Best Friend's Four Daughters After Death From Cancer by SPG4U(m): 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2015
Dats nice of dem

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: Curse Of The Seventh Sword – The War Of Two Realms: Chapter One – War / Akpabio, Debts And The Many Misgivings / Officers’ Wives Among Kaduna Helicopter Crash Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.