Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:47 AM

10 Million Fixed Deposit, 8 Million Facility - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / 10 Million Fixed Deposit, 8 Million Facility (858 Views)

Which Bank Has The Best Rate For Fixed Deposit Account? / Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate / Fixed Deposit Account 10 Million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Million Fixed Deposit, 8 Million Facility by Tatia(m): 12:49pm On Mar 14, 2009
I have 10 mil to put in fix deposit and I am considering an 8mil facility to import some equipment.  Does it make business sense? I appreciate your opinion.
Re: 10 Million Fixed Deposit, 8 Million Facility by tolu10: 6:49pm On Mar 14, 2009
Ok. For example lets say that you are getting 12% intrest rate on Fixed Deposit. But you have to pay 18% on the 8 Million.

Borrowing from the bank : scenario 1
------------------------------------------------
The difference is a spread of 5% interest x 8 million = 400,000 you have to pay in intrest.

Going it alone scenario 2
-------------------------------
No intrest to pay to the bank and no pressure.

But you will have limited liquidity.

The only way it makes sense if you are entrusted with someone else's money. But even this is risky.

The only advantage is that you are developing a relationship with the bank. But in essense you are borrowing the same money u gace them and paying intrest.

Now if they were going to give you 18milion after depositing 10 million then that are very good deal. But Naija banks don't take risks at all.

Good luck and God bless u in your endeavours.

(1) (Reply)

Best Investment Ever / Toilet Tissue Production / I Need An Investor To Invest In My Website Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.