Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,173 members, 7,973,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 11:41 AM

Beware!!! Scammers Flooding Nairaland Auto Section - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Beware!!! Scammers Flooding Nairaland Auto Section (1274 Views)

Lamborghini Submerged In The Lekki Flooding / New Scammers On Auto Section / My Nasty and Horrible Pre order Experience with a Nairaland Auto Dealer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware!!! Scammers Flooding Nairaland Auto Section by stanleyuzoh022: 5:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
Just as they have occupied OLX, Tradestable and Co...scammers are now placing funny adverts with cheap/tempting prices.

Please, pals...don't get to greedy/excited as to fall prey/victim to this dubious fellows.

Also meet your contact in an open/public place & trust no one.

My friend almost fell victim, thank God he opened up to me, smiling that he has got his dream car at a very cheap price (Tok 2010 Lexus RX 350 on 61,323 Mileage) for 1.650 Million, seller also said she is got a tok 2005 Toyota Avalon XLE for 1.1million.

To cut short the long story, when I spoke with her, she said they have a tok 2007 Camry XLE for 1.950Million which was realistic yet, I noticed she was fraud when I told her I will be coming on a weekend for inspection as I am a Naval Officer & I am always busy during weekdays. At this point she came up with many stories, finally said she just sold the camry. Then i said ok I will buy the RX 350, requesting for the location, she said "emm emm, I will call you back" she will call me back & latter her phone was off.

At that point my friend was in shock as to how he would have lost some good money because they asked him to come with a cash deposit of 20% and upon confirmation he will make a bank transfer. Probably it would have been a clean robbery operation.

Not all that glitters is gold. Be warned and take extra precautionary measures before or when going to see any seller

Beware!!!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beware!!! Scammers Flooding Nairaland Auto Section by arbass(m): 5:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
To whom it may concern: awoof de run belle.
Una dun hear am o
Re: Beware!!! Scammers Flooding Nairaland Auto Section by jamex93(m): 5:44pm On Jul 25, 2015
shine ur eyes
op drop them number for us
Re: Beware!!! Scammers Flooding Nairaland Auto Section by Flye: 5:51pm On Jul 25, 2015
arbass:
To whom it may concern: awoof de run belle.
Una dun hear am o

It is only a fool that falls victim because it is very easy to detect scam advert. If you don't know the actual price of a car, the common sense dictates u browse out the average price in international /local market
which/ which u can juxtapose with the price offer. It is only a fool that will expect to buy tok 2010 Lexus RX 350 @ 1.650m when u can't even buy accidented/salvage one at that price in USA or any other place for that matter. So a foolish man derserve to reap his/her foolishness, that is the law of ecosystem.

I expect Nairaland to set a rule that will force car dealers to add price of their cars when advertising in auto section so that people can sniff out scammers before innocent people falls for their trick.

Some scammers don't post their ridiculous price again, they ask u to call to get the price of a car and they will sweet talk u into it b4 u know. I hope Seun and other Nairaland auto section mods are listening.
Thanks and God bless.

3 Likes

Re: Beware!!! Scammers Flooding Nairaland Auto Section by okenwa(m): 5:51pm On Jul 25, 2015
Any car dealer here that just registered few months ago. Pls avoid them.

Any car dealer here bearing any name or names ending up with numbers.example kun123 or balog23. Etc Pls avoid these people

Anyone you see his post on education section advertising any university or nursing school forms for sale. Please avoid them.

Always look out for cars downloaded from the internet or copied from other sites Pls avoid that post.

And we could blackmail any post as 'fraudulent ' suspected as such.

Pls let us join hands to fight corruption and fraudulent activities.

7 Likes

Re: Beware!!! Scammers Flooding Nairaland Auto Section by Exqwizit(m): 5:52pm On Jul 25, 2015
The rate of scammers here is more than a flood!

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! Scammers Flooding Nairaland Auto Section by mygee33(m): 6:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
I can always tell adverts that re fraud and the ones posted by new comers, u ll notice the desperation. Some will want to u to make more call than see the car. Lol.
Just be careful. And let others know b4 hand, u never can tell who might save from loosing ur hard earned cash
Re: Beware!!! Scammers Flooding Nairaland Auto Section by olanshi: 6:41pm On Jul 25, 2015

Well, I Volunteer to flush out scammers from the Auto section of the forum with the best of my knowledge.

Nairaland auto section must be great again!

CC Seun, Chelseabmw.

2 Likes

Re: Beware!!! Scammers Flooding Nairaland Auto Section by seangy4konji: 8:04pm On Jul 25, 2015
God go catch them na...
Re: Beware!!! Scammers Flooding Nairaland Auto Section by betandwin8484: 8:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
okenwa:
Any car dealer here that just registered few months ago. Pls avoid them.

Any car dealer here bearing any name or names ending up with numbers.example kun123 or balog23. Etc Pls avoid these people

Anyone you see his post on education section advertising any university or nursing school forms for sale. Please avoid them.

Always look out for cars downloaded from the internet or copied from other sites Pls avoid that post.

And we could blackmail any post as 'fraudulent ' suspected as such.

Pls let us join hands to fight corruption and fraudulent activities.

I dont remember Inspired having number on his name,,, What about kingsAutos? Number? Well I appreciate your effort trying to fight against scam, but your details are not all correct,, please have in mind am not a dealer cox i noticed i have numbers tagged to my name... please dont drain or drag some real dealers into the pit along with the scammers with your false detective work...

2 Likes

Re: Beware!!! Scammers Flooding Nairaland Auto Section by stanleyuzoh022: 8:05am On Jul 26, 2015
People should just beware of such fraudsters and take precautionary measures before taking any decision or parting away with your hard earned money.
Re: Beware!!! Scammers Flooding Nairaland Auto Section by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:28am On Jul 26, 2015
I think they should have verified car dealer, trusted car dealer and 3 rating car dealer, a verified car dear should be the one with location address, 3 years in nairaland and in which have done one or two successful transactions while a trusted one is one with many years experience in nairaland, trading with no issue while a 3 star rating should be upcoming successful but not up to 5 years on nairaland without location, maybe linking to others dealers without issue on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Beware!!! Scammers Flooding Nairaland Auto Section by Lagusta(m): 8:35am On Jul 26, 2015
I think the best thing is to list out the genuine car dealers first......

People like kakakibuy, femmy2010, boliano, autosBay, cityhood and others are trustworthy to me....

But in the long run, before buying any car, whether it's toks or naija used, you have to go there, inspect and test-drive the car with ya korokoro eyes before making any deposits, in fact carry a Mech with you....

3 Likes

Re: Beware!!! Scammers Flooding Nairaland Auto Section by jamace(m): 8:41am On Jul 26, 2015
I hate scammers/fraudsters! angry angry
Re: Beware!!! Scammers Flooding Nairaland Auto Section by stanleyuzoh022: 7:13pm On Jul 27, 2015
Wish we can identify them here on nairaland & blacklist them in the auto section. Preferably, a thread to blacklist scammers with brief explanation or reason(s)...so prospective buyers can check before they even open communication with said seller.#suggestion to the admin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

2012 Chevrolet Camaro SS. For Sale / Tokunbo 2004 Toyota Sienna Xle Limites AWD @ 2.1m sold! sold!! sold!!! / sold XK Jagua 2013 Toks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.