Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,213 members, 7,880,788 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:48 AM

"Why Buhari-obama-us Relationship May Crash" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Why Buhari-obama-us Relationship May Crash" (749 Views)

Buhari, Obama, Other World Leaders In Group Pics At The Nuclear Security Summit / Buhari, Obama, Ban Ki-Moon At UN General Meeting (Photos) / Buhari, Obama & VP Joe Biden With Nigerian Delegation At The White House (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why Buhari-obama-us Relationship May Crash" by OgaInnocent(m): 5:58pm On Jul 25, 2015
Good day ladies and gentlemen, my blog readers, I also greet you in a special way. Today, I write on the reason WHY PRESIDENT BUHARI-OBAMA-US- RELATATIONSHIP may crash.
It will be safer not to have a hasty conclusion on this article for the day Simply because of the heading. Patience and reading-in-between-lines may be a prerequisite here. Having said that, permit me to reintroduce myself so that you will take cognisance of my biases IF ANY. I wish to do that by saying who I am NOT: I am Not a Politcian but can also politicise when it comes to politics. I am NOT a crusader of Pessimism, but always say the truth no matter how bitter and whom it may concern. That is for that!
Last Sunday, Buhari travelled to the USwith some cohorts. The meeting of the two presidents took place on monday (July 20 2015) and they both discussed issuesaffecting both countries. Before he left, I also published some things Nigerians don't want to hear after his Obama visit, and thank God we have not heard them. I also advised Buhari on the things he should take cognisance ofabout Obama and his USA. I believe he did.
Now, today, July 25, Punch reported,
http://www.punchng.com/news/i-didnt-accuse-us-of-supporting-bharam-says-buhari/

infact not only Punch, Vanguard also reported it, that Buhari accused United States of America of Hampering the fight against Boko haram via her unfriendly laws.Buhari said during his speech in the U.S: “Unwittingly, and I dare say, unintentionally, the application of the Leahy Law amendment by the U. S. Government has aided and abated the Boko Haram terrorist group in the prosecution of its extremist ideology and hate, the indiscriminate killings and maiming of civilians, raping of women and girls, and in their other heinous crimes. I believe this is not the spirit of the Leahy Laws”. But the president however stated that “ I know the American people cannot support any group engaged in these crimes.”
A statement from President Buhari's Spokesman, Femi Adesina reads:
“The regrets expressed by President Buhari at USIP about the impact of the application of the Leahy Law on Nigeria’s war against Boko Haram and terrorism cannot be construed as an indictment of President Barack Obama and the United States Government who have publicly and privately declared their preparedness to give the Buhari administration the fullest possible support and assistance. “Within the context in which they were made, President Buhari’s comments on the adverse effect of the Leahy Law on Nigeria’s efforts to contain Boko Haram’s atrocious acts of terrorism should only be taken as a passionate appeal for even greater understanding and support from a very powerful and longstanding ally. “President Buhari has nothing but the highest possible regard for President Obama, the United States Government, the people of the United States, their laws and institutions. “The President had very successful and useful talks with President Obama, Vice-President Joe Biden, Secretary of State John Kerry, other high-ranking US government officials and members of the United States Congress during his visit to Washington DC. “It is his expectation that those talks will lead to better mutual understanding and a further deepening of bilateral relations between Nigeria and the United States, especially in Nigeria’s current priority areas of defence and security cooperation.”
Now, Why I think the Buhari-Obama-US relationship may crash:
It is obvious that Nigeria is holistically waiting on the U.S to initiate the fight against Boko haram, that is why president Buhari is touring the world making speeches and promises while boko haram is back here killing and taking dominion; and the president has not had a single time to condemn the Boko haram attacks as GEJ used to do those days (I have not heard him condemn the attacks, I stand to be corrected with proofs). I taught charity begins at home. I also taught and have always believed that action speaks louder than words.
In addition to that, the presidency in a tweet released few days back were beckoning on the United states to help Nigeria "without Strings"..
Thirdly, Now, President Buhari has been caught in his own words : “Unwittingly, and I dare say, unintentionally, the application of the Leahy Law amendment by the U. S. Government has AIDED and ABATED the Boko Haram terrorist group..." As was reported by Punch and Vanguard.
With these, the President Buhari-Obama-US-relationship may crash. But I do not pray for that. Good day!

http://www.ogainnocent.com/2015/07/why-president-buhari-us-obama.html
Re: "Why Buhari-obama-us Relationship May Crash" by papaejima1: 5:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
How will it not crash when all the credential he brought to the presidency is a perceived notion of integrity?

When he lived a reclusive life all these years without one ounce of self improvement.

When he keeps his best hand (osinbajo) on the sidelines while globetrotting and gaffing.

The Americans have suddenly realised what a loose canon they foisted on the nation.
It is good his first attack is against them even while on a thank you visit.

Read leahy's response to the statement and you will know that Buhari is a marked man. Unlike Buhari, Americans choose their words carefully and Leahy knew exactly what he was saying!

Karma is just warming up.
Re: "Why Buhari-obama-us Relationship May Crash" by BRIGHTTAZ: 5:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
Not enough reason.
Re: "Why Buhari-obama-us Relationship May Crash" by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 25, 2015
Re: "Why Buhari-obama-us Relationship May Crash" by DickDastardly(m): 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2015
Like the voice of the one crying in the wilderness. We wail and cry for the "One Chance" political no man's land and middle of no where "the devils on horse back" has landed Nigeria, our beloved country in.
The "CHANGE" they hitherto chanted is now a mirage as reality of the times has deeply sank into their hypnotized thick fufu filled brain.
Like the Father weeped ceaselessly for his prodigal lost son to return, we shall continue wailing in the light of this obvious hypnosis and blind followership of our lost brothers that they may receive sense and make a U-turn before its too late.
Even with the snail pace, brutish human right abuse, sustained disregard for the constitution, lopsided anti-corruption approach(targetting only perceived enemies), seeming kids glove approach to tackling the deadly Bokoharam, tyranical one man despotic democracy, obvious lack of Economic and political direction shown thus far by the current government, one will have to be possessed or under hypnotic spell to keep using the lousy, callous and senseless mantra "Sai Baba". Wow! A government that says one thing now and counter itself the next minute. A propaganda government. Only good at taking pictures here and there.
To me, Nigeria is currently practicing "PHOTOCRACY".
We shall continue wailing till our senseless lost prodigal brethren receive back their senses.

Signed.......Chief Wailer, Dastardly cool
Re: "Why Buhari-obama-us Relationship May Crash" by Dannyset(m): 6:06pm On Jul 25, 2015
Am sure u don't mean US has comprehension and interpretations problem like some of us have. That he said The Leahy law is aiding the activities and operations of BH doesn't mean he's saying US is aiding it. Look at the context of the statement and pick ur meaning.
I am not saying US can't go the way of ur thought, but I think they are beyond that reasoning.
Re: "Why Buhari-obama-us Relationship May Crash" by brainpower(m): 6:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
Even if it doesn't crash, what if the republicans take over power by next year, what makes him think they will like to allign with him. We know republicans as not being liberal and like war e.g. president Bush. I don't even want to go back to his campaign promises about BH where he said he will lead the war by himself and that he wouldn't run to any country to assist. He isn't only asking for weapon just like GEJ did, he is asking for men to fight. When I think about where we are now, I want blame GEJ but when I think about the fact that the powers that be abandoned him and betrayed him, I think otherwise. He wants to use arrests and intimidation by EFCC to deceive us into believing he isn't corrupt but the only people that will believe him are those that are living a fantasy. I don't have any faith in Nigeria at all.
Re: "Why Buhari-obama-us Relationship May Crash" by OgaInnocent(m): 6:51pm On Jul 25, 2015
papaejima1:
How will it not crash when all the credential he brought to the presidency is a perceived notion of integrity?

When he lived a reclusive life all these years without one ounce of self improvement.

When he keeps his best hand (osinbajo) on the sidelines while globetrotting and gaffing.

The Americans have suddenly realised what a loose canon they foisted on the nation.
It is good his first attack is against them even while on a thank you visit.

Read leahy's response to the statement and you will know that Buhari is a marked man. Unlike Buhari, Americans choose their words carefully and Leahy knew exactly what he was saying!

Karma is just warming up.
Re: "Why Buhari-obama-us Relationship May Crash" by OgaInnocent(m): 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
brainpower:
Even if it doesn't crash, what if the republicans take over power by next year, what makes him think they will like to allign with him. We know republicans as not being liberal and like war e.g. president Bush. I don't even want to go back to his campaign promises about BH where he said he will lead the war by himself and that he wouldn't run to any country to assist. He isn't only asking for weapon just like GEJ did, he is asking for men to fight. When I think about where we are now, I want blame GEJ but when I think about the fact that the powers that be abandoned him and betrayed him, I think otherwise. He wants to use arrests and intimidation by EFCC to deceive us into believing he isn't corrupt but the only people that will believe him are those that are living a fantasy. I don't have any faith in Nigeria at all.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Vs Boko Haram Vs Politics / Slavery Is Imminent / Alexa Ranks Nairaland 3rd Most Visited Site In Africa And Nigeria,see Full List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.