Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,321 members, 7,971,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 01:39 AM

Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out (2434 Views)

Governor Aregbesola's Aged Mother Blesses As He Turns 60 (Photo) / I Have No Personal Account - Governor Aregbesola / Governor Aregbesola Checking Out Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
By Clement Ejiofor.

[b]Osun state governor Rauf Aregbesola on Friday, July 24, commented on the failure of his administration to pay owed salaries to the state workers.
Lamenting over the situation, the politician put the blame on the drop of allocations to Osun from the Federation Account, NAN reports.

Aregebsola made a claim as he spoke with newsmen in Abuja after having been presented with an award for service to humanity by Voice of African Women for Human Dignity.
“I have found it hard to pay the wage bills owing to the declining federal allocation to the state. Federal allocation to the state has reduced by 40 per cent since 2013, thereby making it difficult for my government to meet its responsibilities.”

He expressed sorrow over the situation noting that even the state reserves were also over. He said administration had already to accumulate debt of N12 billion in its bid to ensure regular payments.

Reacting to the receipt of the award, the governor said that the main objective for him as a politician was to stop sufferings of those in need.

“I got into politics so that I can render quality services to the suffering people of my state because majority of the people are hungry and angry.”

Earlier this week the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) chapter demanded their 13-month salaries from Aregbesola. Left with no means of support, the Union threatened to embark on strike, unless the situation changes.[/b]

http://www.naij.com/498590-owed-salaries-not-fault-embattled-governor-aregbesola-explains-cant-pay-workers.html

Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 25, 2015
Okay.. it's GEJ's mother's fault then..

Arrant Nonsense!

7 Likes

Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 25, 2015
Yeah, nah the op fault...
Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Mogidi: 10:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
Is GEJ's fault.

3 Likes

Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by kamair237(m): 10:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
hmmm
Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Neduzze5(m): 10:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
The Thunder that will fire this mumu Aregbesola is still doing press up.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
It is the fault of the man in Bourdillon

6 Likes

Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 25, 2015
It's the fault of Mogidi, Candyrain, Ecoterrors and NigerianVenom

4 Likes

Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by davspog2(m): 10:29pm On Jul 25, 2015
Ok....this man keeps annoying me! who sent him to embark on white elephant projects! Just because you want to use Lagos model that worked for fashola in Osun!
Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
Neduzze5:
The Thunder that will fire this mumu Aregbesola is still doing press up.
barcanista:
It is the fault of the man in Bourdillon
lagmostkuit:
Okay.. it's GEJ's mother's fault then..

Arrant Nonsense!
Did you guys read the thread at all?

1 Like

Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 25, 2015
I still don't get the silence of Lai Mohammed about this Osun state imbroglio, how can a govt be this helpless when there are still some short term measures to generate revenues

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
No it is my fault. When will our shameless leaders for once take responsibility for their actions? Until our leaders are humane enough to accept responsibilities for their failings, only then shall we be on the way to recovery.
Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
Freemanan:

I want gaborone, mizmycoli, francizy, and anonimi to come and read it and give us a better explanation

4 Likes

Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I still don't get the silence of Lai Mohammed about this Osun state imbroglio, how can a govt be this helpless when there are still some short term measures to generate revenues
Is Lai the Spokesman for Osun State GOVERNMENT?
Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by texas1(m): 10:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
No GEJ to blame ....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
Freemanan:

And does his reason make any sense to u? undecided

Federal Allocation to his state reduced buh didn't affect his salary!

Arrant Nonsense!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by francizy(m): 10:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
Same Osun people we pity here will be praising Aregbese only on Fridays when he's exiting the mosque. Abegiii!!! Let them live with the consequences of their actions jor.. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by fitzmayowa: 10:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
I guess we should blame Abacha or even yar'adua since both guys are governing osun state from their grave...SMH
Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Abugab(m): 10:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
Federal allocations dropped is not an excuse.
Why didn't Ogbeni Aregbe device other means to shore up IGR?
Using federal allocations alone is not an excusable excuse Mr governor
Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
It beats me that some people continue to lose the war against hate and bias and ignorance. The Governor stated the reasons Why he cannot be held responsible for this mess, the least you can do is verify these reasons which seems obvious before castigating and throwing hate blows...

ISSAPITTY
Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by ogba20: 10:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
Mogidi:
Is GEJ fault.
. Is the fault of d state for electing a mad man as a governor. Highest insult on d people of osun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Mogidi: 10:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:

Barcanista pay Osun workers na.

3 Likes

Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by MizMyColi(f): 10:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
Arrrrggghhhh
Isn't this man just blessed with the curse of making silly statements?

This is what you get when you enlist the services of a leader who doesn't understand P in Proactive.

Such disgrace
Dammit!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by francizy(m): 10:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
Freemanan:
It beats me that some people continue to lose the war against hate and bias and ignorance. The Governor stated the reasons Why he cannot be held responsible for this mess, the least you can do is verify these reasons which seems obvious before castigating and throwing hate blows...

ISSAPITTY

Oga goan sidown! Aregbese is an incompetent, dull and clueless governor! grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by AMBIVERT(f): 10:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
@Mogidi @Firefire @Kenai @eyeview

When will you pay Osun workers?tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Candyrain(m): 10:45pm On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:

Bros I don't like it ooo, you are accusation me plenty ooo, shuuuu!!! I wasn't there when he was mismanagementing the monies he collected from FG. Aregbe sef don't hearing words, I tolding him to look for how to generate money from Osun but he saying NO, that FG will giving him money. So how is it my faulting?

3 Likes

Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by horlabiyi(m): 10:46pm On Jul 25, 2015
The people that gave him that silly award " Service To Humanity " are disgrace to mankind. What service are they praising him for, for goodness sake? There are lots of people suffering in the state of Osun just because of his mismanagement. But I've got no sympathy for the people of his state. I went to visit my cousin that's serving the nation in Iree a town in Osun and was shocked and surprised by the statement that came out of the school principal, he said " I've told the teachers that they should let us all call off the strike because the governor himself has not been getting his salary since last year " I was so embarrassed that we still have educated illiterate in Yoruba land.

1 Like

Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Candyrain(m): 10:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

When last did you hear him say something? I think his throat has been burnt with something very hot that he can't talk again.
Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Mogidi: 10:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
AMBIVERT:
@Mogidi @Firefire @Kenai @eyeview

When will you pay Osun workers?tongue

Osun people are not joking abeg, my dear please pay ya workers grin grin grin
Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
Oga have you heard of Chief Zebrudiah? wink
Candyrain:

Bros I don't like it ooo, you are accusation me plenty ooo, shuuuu!!! I wasn't there when he was mismanagementing the monies he collected from FG. Aregbe sef don't hearing words, I tolding him to look for how to generate money from Osun but he saying NO, that FG will giving him money. So how is it my faulting?
Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by fitzmayowa: 10:49pm On Jul 25, 2015
lagmostkuit:

And does his reason make any sense to u? undecided

Federal Allocation to his state reduced buh didn't affect his salary!

Arrant Nonsense!

The guy na comedian jare

APC e - warriors(lying liars) come and defend aregbe's statement before PDP e - warriors(wailing wailers) start throwing stone at Aregbese...
Re: Owed Salaries Is Not My Fault – Embattled Governor Aregbesola Cries Out by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 25, 2015
Mogidi:

Barcanista pay Osun workers na.
Don't you think Aregbe is trying to tell Osun workers to look towards Bourdillon road?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Boss Jose Morinho Spotted In Mountain Of Fire Church In Lagos / Governor Who Imports Girls From South Africa Revealed / See The Photos Of Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.