Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,610 members, 7,937,765 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 11:38 AM

How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone (4098 Views)

Tips: How To Detect Hidden Cameras In A Room Using Your Smartphone / Camon C9 Leaked With Innovative Dual Front Camera With Dual Flash / How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by liusimbs(f): 10:39pm On Jul 25, 2015
Currently we all know what camera are, and what they are really used for. But most people don’t really know what hidden camera are , hidden camera as the name imply are camera that are located in a hidden place. It can either be in a room, secret place, public place or even in the restroom (by some mischievous people) , but the chance of getting spotted by a hidden camera is very high. Hidden camera are small cameras, they can be implanted in everyday object like teddy bears, clocks, mirror which are very hard to detect with our naked eye which record details of our activities without us knowing. Hidden cameras have their pro and cons like it can be used in a mall, or supermarket for easy monitoring of customers in case of theft, and also in hotel rooms to keep tab of what goes on for security purpose. In this blog post, I've decided explain to you, how to detect a hidden camera with your cell phone , it sound incredible right? Just sit back relax and enjoy reading this am very sure you drop a gratitude comment at the end of the post.

How To Detect Hidden Camera With your Mobile Phone

STEP 1. When you are in a private room,
turn off the lights, and close the curtains.
Launch your phone camera but do not turn the flash light on.
Turn around the room with your cell phone. (search by moving around the room with the phone)
When tiny red or green LED light is found, that means that a hidden microphone or camera is installed.
If no LED light, the room is OK.

STEP 2. Place a call on your cell phone,
=> then wave the device around where you think there might be a hidden camera or microphone.
=> If you can hear a clicking noise on the call, it means your phone might be interfering with an electromagnetic field.
If you can’t make a call there is a chance of a hidden camera too. The scientific explanation behind this phenomena is “interference of fiber optic cable during the signal transfer”.

STEP 3. Launch the flashlight of your smartphone and carefully examine books,
clocks, air purifiers, lamps etc.
If you notice any pinhole-sized holes, you might have a hidden camera in the room.
How to detect hidden camera behind mirror
Launch the flashlight of your smartphone and shine it directly onto a wall mounted mirror.
Take the flashlight and move it progressively closer to the mirror until it touches the mirror.
If you can see through the mirror, or notice the light shining through it, you have a one-way mirror, and possibly a hidden camera behind it.
A mirror should always reflect light, not allow the light to penetrate through it.

I think this will work well for those who frequently visit hotels and guesthouse. but just for fun, you can check out your room in case your wife is monitoring you. it allows you to know how safe you are and if you re been watched/filmed. This tutorial should not be use for bad or criminal purpose as I disclaim any consequences you might pass through afterward.
Since we all know what hidden cameras can do and how to discover them, I think we will be watchful and keep tab of our environment and things we do, but in case you find this hard enough to practice you can always get a hidden camera detector because it safe time and it is very easy to use.

source: http://www.niyonice.com/2015/07/how-to-detect-hidden-camera-with-mobile.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by INTROVERT(f): 10:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
okay
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by dyabman(m): 10:44pm On Jul 25, 2015
Oh really ?
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by galadima77(m): 10:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
congrats, you have just thought those wicked house maids and cheating spouses how not to get caught in the act

5 Likes

Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by liusimbs(f): 11:10pm On Jul 25, 2015
galadima77:
congrats, you have just thought those wicked house maids and cheating spouses how not to get caught in the act
lol, hope you not one of them
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by galadima77(m): 12:01am On Jul 26, 2015
liusimbs:
haba, no!! just an observation abeg
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by Nobody: 5:59am On Jul 26, 2015
Great
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by benuejosh: 7:14am On Jul 26, 2015
I doubt till proven true.
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 26, 2015
grin
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by NAIRAMIND: 8:03am On Jul 26, 2015

Are you sure you are not a suspect?
Cos your body language tells us so o!
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by liusimbs(f): 8:12am On Jul 26, 2015
benuejosh:
I doubt till proven true.
Lol, diers always somewhere to prove it
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 26, 2015
For Americans I guess
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 26, 2015
Have you tried this?
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by fagbohun4j(m): 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
Nice article but how I go dey look for camera for my hotel room when agro don dey body. Na to start firing ooo.
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by Evathyst(f): 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
INTROVERT:
okay
You again?
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by MayflowerB(f): 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
Nice
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by liusimbs(f): 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2015
fagbohun4j:
Nice article but how I go dey look for camera for my hotel room when agro don dey body. Na to start firing ooo.
Lol
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by tuk2ato(m): 5:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
I think NLers have overused the word 'Unclad'. The op said unclad eyes, our eyes arent meant to be clad, why not stick to 'naked' eyes as opposed to 'unclad' eyes undecided.
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by liusimbs(f): 5:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
tuk2ato:
I think NLers have overused the word 'Unclad'. The op said unclad eyes, our eyes arent meant to be clad, why not stick to 'naked' eyes as opposed to 'unclad' eyes undecided.
Thanks for the correction Mr perfect
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by Kutunban: 5:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
Enlightened
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by Glowstone(m): 5:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
SORRY I have heard and seen this before on this forum and on front-page, then when I went home I tried the technique but it didn't work even when I was putting my phone camera in front of the other camera I didn't see anything then I wonder how you'll be able to locate the camera that is hidden, next time try it before copying and paste

thanks
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by Glowstone(m): 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2015
so I will only agree with number 2 n 3 as for number one no way. ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

but shea make I search all d room because I dey find camera what's if its placed in your ceiling make I carry chair begin d search ceiling undecided
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by tuk2ato(m): 5:55pm On Jul 26, 2015
Am not Mr Perfect and even the mod modified my post, i guess they must have modified yours as well.
liusimbs:

Thanks for the correction Mr perfect
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by cherylsmith(f): 11:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
Okay, good.
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by liusimbs(f): 11:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
tuk2ato:
Am not Mr Perfect and even the mod modified my post, i guess they must have modified yours as well.
Aiit, thanks anyway though
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by Applaner: 7:23am On Jul 27, 2015
professional fraudster teaching others how to b fraudulent
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by tuk2ato(m): 10:11am On Jul 27, 2015
You welcome.
liusimbs:

Aiit, thanks anyway though
Re: How To Detect Hidden Camera With Mobile Phone by liusimbs(f): 11:22am On Jul 27, 2015
Applaner:
professional fraudster teaching others how to b fraudulent
Lol, guess you're top student

(1) (Reply)

Chrome Is The Best Thing After Fried Rice / Help: Blackberry Nigerian Names And Actual Model / Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.