Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,833 members, 7,872,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:22 PM

Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers (1505 Views)

Quit Notice: What Osinbajo Told Igbo Leaders / Men Alleged To Have Trailed Jonathan's Convoy Released From Police Custody (Pic) / Nigerian Army Nabs Fake General Alleged To Be Boko Haram Sponsor (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by koife(m): 1:48pm On Jul 26, 2015
I stumbled on this news online and i found it provocative, appalling, inciteful, misleading for any sane person to generate such a baseless and nefarious allies against a tribe. I am not an Igbo but I want my northern brothers galvanising this lies to watch it. Seriously...they are so blinded that they fail to see the errors the leaders of their region have caused them and need to hold them accountable. The earlier they tell themselves truth the earlier for them. I wish I know the leader if this group...I wouldn't hesitate to sue! See link below
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=169177
Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by 9jii(m): 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
I never liked that propaganda but when I surf NL and see what igbo are propagating.my reaction was

1 Like

Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by PassingShot(m): 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
While I don't want to hasten to believing the news, nothing is impossible.

I won't be surprised to learn that those behind the BH insurgency cut across the major ethnic groups of Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Fulani and others.

And why do you think the news may not be genuine?

3 Likes

Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2015
Igbos won't talk now because its the Hausas this time around. But if na Yooloba, We for don dey shout anyhow grin
Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by loomer: 1:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
Watching in HD
Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by AshiwajuFoward: 1:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
Guy, abeg go find better work. If na Yorubaman dem put inside the news una go celebrate. And If to say na propaganda about Hausas in SE being suspected of being Boko member, una go run with the story, embellish it, and swallow it hook, line and sinker without question. But now it's an igboman so it's 'inciteful' and 'provocative'. Una sabi whine.

1 Like

Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by koife(m): 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
PassingShot:

I won't be surprised to learn that those behind the BH insurgency cut across the major ethnic groups of Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Fulani and others.

I just put a call now across to persons in authority...nothing like such has been reported sir!
Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by Imortal001: 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
Anything is possible, because some people rate profit margine above the life of human being.
Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by AnambraDota: 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
The Igbos that are behind it deserve Igbo Nobel Prize for Infiltration.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by koife(m): 2:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
AshiwajuFoward:
Guy, abeg go find better work. If na Yorubaman dem put inside the news una go celebrate. And If to say na propaganda about Hausas in SE being suspected of being Boko member, una go run with the story, embellish it, and swallow it hook, line and sinker without question. But now it's an igboman so it's 'inciteful' and 'provocative'. Una sabi whine.
Its been confirmed to be lies... U see this is just the main reasons BH is not defeated..we spend so much time fighting ourselves than the hydra headed monster itself. I repeat am not Igbo...but plot stingzzz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by AshiwajuFoward: 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
koife:

I just put a call now across to persons in authority...nothing like such has been reported sir!

Then why didn't you do your due diligence before putting up this thread? You see now that you are the one trying to foment trouble.
Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
Axeurdaddy:
Igbos won't talk now because its the Hausas this time around. But if na Yooloba, We for don dey shout anyhow grin
How does one respond to Hausa disjointed mis-yarns? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by mployer(m): 2:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
grin grin

If only Igbos can achieve such a feat...
Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 26, 2015
It is called Taqiyya.

Taqiyya is used to hide intention or promote war.

The north and Southwest are itching for a war with the Niger Delta and South East.

This time around they will be consumed by their own lie.

3 Likes

Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by frodobee: 2:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
Frodobee :

And Bubu cheered them from the sidelines, bought ammunition from them and enriched them.

Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
koife:
I stumbled on this news online and i found it provocative, appalling, inciteful, misleading for any sane person to generate such a baseless and nefarious allies against a tribe. I am not an Igbo but I want my northern brothers galvanising this lies to watch it. Seriously...they are so blinded that they fail to see the errors the leaders of their region have caused them and need to hold them accountable. The earlier they tell themselves truth the earlier for them. I wish I know the leader if this group...I wouldn't hesitate to sue! See link below

What do you expect from Osun Defender?

2 Likes

Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by koife(m): 2:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
AshiwajuFoward:

Then why didn't you do your due diligence before putting up this thread? You see now that you are the one trying to foment trouble.
I put up the threat to expose lies...who knows how many ppl will see same and run escalating it. Its call setting the record straight
Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by softvio(m): 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
Lol.. This is really laughable! ,there is something fishy about this propaganda. Its like the present government is trying to sideline one particular region in it government. All this things leads to the recent problems we are in now.
Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by babyfaceafrica: 2:15pm On Jul 26, 2015
PassingShot:

you dey mind the OP...who says the people behind boko haram cannot be of any tribe..am sure if the news had carried a yoruba,hausa,fulani or nupe sponsor..the OP won't have said anything!!

2 Likes

Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by SouthernBreeze(m): 2:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
Fat lie from the innermost part of hell.
Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by AshiwajuFoward: 2:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
koife:
I put up the threat to expose lies...who knows how many ppl will see same and run escalating it. Its call setting the record straight

Oh really? And how exactly have you "set the records straight"? Abi we're supposed to believe you just coz you said so? How does one know whether you're lying? Dude, you goofed big time.
Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
These propagandas started since the first Republic and the Southwest won't stop painting the Easterners black to hinder any Foreign Direct Investment to the Region

Compare the original report from Thisday News article to Osun Defenders malicious and ethno-religious bias reporting to understand the plots and their intentions

Soldiers Intercept Suspected Boko-haram Ammunition Supply Vehicle Arrest DSP Others

Defence Hqs

By Christopher Isiguzo 

At least three persons, including a retired Deputy Superintendent of Police, DSP, and a corporal, Abu Haruna, Solomon have been arrested for illegal trafficking of arms and ammunition.
The third suspect, Onuwa Attaka, is the driver of the arms laden vehicle.

It was gathered that their confession showed alleged involvement in supply of arms to insurgents in Northern Nigeria.

The three suspects, who were heading to the North from Imo State, were intercepted in Nsukka, Enugu State, by officers and men of the Nigerian Army while travelling in a bus.

Items recovered from them include- 40 AK47 magazines, 4 boxes of AK47 live ammunition, 100 pieces of live cartridges, one piece of Denin Mopol khaki and charms concealed in a cap.

One of the army officers who spoke to reporters under anonymity disclosed that a police corporal serving in Imo State Police Command was also involved in the arms running.

He said: "When we asked the occupants of the vehicle to come down, we discovered a police corporal in uniform among them.

The corporal on getting down pretended to be pressed; he later ran away".
It was gathered that the suspects were taken to Nsukka Police Division before their transfer to the state CID.

The retired DSP, Abu Haruna, confessed that he had been in the business of arms dealing since he retired from the police.

He said their mission was to supply the ammunition to their buyer in Taraba State.
The source said Haruna further confessed that they decided to go on the supply after the buyer complained that the first batch was incomplete.

The Police corporal's identity has been traced to Imo State Police command; his name was simply given as Solomon, even as efforts are still being made to effect his arrest.

Meanwhile, the Nsukka Police Area Commander, ASP. Ros-Amson Haladu has praised the gallantry of the soldiers in combating crimes in the area.

"I want to commend the Army Officers for their vigilance in tracking down these illegal arms dealers.

"At the same time, I warn criminals to leave this vicinity or risk being apprehended by security operatives", he said.

Credits: Thisdaylive.com

Article From Osun Defenders

Army Arrests 3 Igbo Traders Supplying Ammunition to Boko Haram

Igbo traders suppliers of arms to Boko haram

The three suspected gun runners of Igbo origin, who were heading to the North from Imo State, were intercepted in Nsukka, Enugu State, by officers and men of the Nigerian Army while travelling in a bus.Items recovered from them include 40 AK47 magazines, 4 boxes of AK47 live ammunition,100 pieces of live cartridges, one piece of Denim Mopol khaki and charms concealed in a cap.

One of the army officers who spoke to reporters under anonymity disclosed that a police corporal serving in Imo State Police Command was also involved in the arms running.

He said: “When we asked the occupants of the vehicle to come down, we discovered a police corporal in uniform among them. The corporal on getting down pretended to be pressed; he later ran away.

www.osundefender.org/?p=169177
Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by AnambraDota: 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
you dey mind the OP...who says the people behind boko haram cannot be of any tribe..am sure if the news had carried a yoruba,hausa,fulani or nupe sponsor..the OP won't have said anything!!

Atleast there are Yoruba international terrorists and Osun is another bleeding ground for potential terrorists.

Micheal Adebowale.

Micheal Adebolaja.

Babafemi Lawal.

And other non accounted international terror ringleaders doing times in British and US prisons.

Igbos can sell drugs to kids in Kano, Kaduna and Minna but not terrorism.

Abookii are just pathetic like their tajus

1 Like

Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
Premiumtimesng also copied this obnoxious propaganda from Osun defenders to their website.

As we speak Osundenders has refused to tender unreserved apology to Ndigbo for this gross defamation to could have led to the slaughter of Easterners in Northern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by AshiwajuFoward: 2:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Premiumtimesng also copied this obnoxious propaganda from Osun defenders to their website.

As we speak Osundenders has refused to tender unreserved apology to Ndigbo for this gross defamation to could have led to the slaughter of Easterners in Northern Nigeria.

And how exactly are you sure that the story originated from Osun Defender and that the OD website didn't also copy it from another source? You are supposed to be more intelligent than all this. Smh.
Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by wakaman: 2:48pm On Jul 26, 2015
I believe!
They sell babies, kill their fathers,mothers and siblings.

So why wont they sell arms to bokoharam.

Money crazed lot they are!

1 Like

Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by Omenkata: 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
PassingShot:

Bastard
Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 2:52pm On Jul 26, 2015
AshiwajuFoward:

And how exactly are you sure that the story originated from Osun Defender and that the OD website didn't also copy it from another source? You are supposed to be more intelligent than all this. Smh.

I called them out because I was fully aware of the incident in thisday article

Osun defenders never credited any source for the malicious revision while premiumtimesng quoted Osun defenders as their source.

I followed the story and still demand apology from Osundefenders to entire Ndigbo.

1 Like

Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by doctokwus: 3:01pm On Jul 26, 2015
Its obvious this is a clearly planted story to incite hate and pitch other regions and the gullible against the Ibos.
However,this planted story further underscores the need for all Igbos to condemn the kind of ethnic hatred and resort to violence being championed by the likes of Nnamdi Kanu of so called Biafra radio.
Both in the physical space and online,u find people that claim to identify with d kind of tribal hate Kanu preaches and this report is a clearly fabricated falsehood to put the Igbo ethnic group in the defensive.
If care is not taken and this kind of report of sponsorship of BH by the Igbos gets to the uninformed and the gullible or is deliberately spread to the easily brainwashed millions, before u know it,it spreads;more of such tales are planted and then the Igbos would find themselves in a quagmire.
These fabrications should be denounced by all Igbos for what they are,barefaced, planted lies,while also distancing itself from the violence, hatred and violent breakup of Nigeria via broadcast and posted online, by scammers,who live in developed countries of the world,enjoy peace,rule of law,justice and economic opportunities their countries of residence enjoy;but don't wish same for their brethren and fellow Nigerians down in Nigeria.
Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by koife(m): 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
I just confirmed the news...it an old version of propaganda since July last year. It was debunked by authorities. Smh

1 Like

Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
koife:

OP,
what makes you think this is propaganda?
Re: Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers by basilo101: 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
Very old news.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo Very Cunning, Tinubu Very Clever - Alamieyeseigha / Biafrans How Ready Are You !!!!?....come And Pick One / Is PDP Dying? Only 2 PDP Governors Attended Its Forum And Dickson's Declaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.