Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,956 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:56 AM

Nigeria Has Never Had Mentally Prepared Leaders — Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has Never Had Mentally Prepared Leaders — Atiku (722 Views)

Jonathan, PDP Not Mentally Prepared For Defeat – President Buhari / PDP Not Mentally Prepared For The Defeat Suffered Last Election / Former Pres. Jonathan, PDP Were Not Mentally Prepared For Defeat – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Has Never Had Mentally Prepared Leaders — Atiku by dakobu: 12:50am On Mar 15, 2009
Nigeria has never had mentally prepared leaders — Atiku
Bolaji Ogundele, Port Harcourt - 15.02.2009

Nigeria will begin to move forward from the day someone ready for leadership gets access to the corridors of power, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has propounded Abubakar who stated this on arrival on Friday at the Port Harcourt International Airport for the burial of Alamieyeseigha’s mother in Yenagoa on Saturday noted that the problem of Nigeria had been the unreadiness of those who had led and ruled it in the past. He attributed the failures policies and programme in the last and current administrations to the state of minds of the men at the helms of affairs in the administrations, he noted that neither former President Olusegun Obasanjo nor President Umaru Musa-Yar'Adua took reins with a mind ready to lead.

"Nigeria has not had a leadership that has told himself say look, I want to lead and this is the reason why I want to lead Nigeria; this is my plan and programmes of what to do of base on which he was elected".

"In the 2nd republic, Shagari wanted to become a senator but he ended up becoming a president. In Obasanjo case, I was one of those who led a delegation to him and it was clear he had no intention of becoming a president because he asked me, how many presidents you want to make out of me", he noted.
He, however, challenged Nigerians to wake up to the challenge of ensuring that credible and ready individuals get elected into positions so that the country might achieve development soon.

Earlier, the Chairman of the state Action Congress, (AC) Prince Tonye Princewill thanked the former vice president for his visit and charged the leadership of Nigerian to lead by example and work on projects that would improve on the lives of the people.
http://www.tribune.com.ng/15022009/news/news8.html

cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Has Never Had Mentally Prepared Leaders — Atiku by Sauron1: 12:53am On Mar 15, 2009
*dakobu:

Nigeria has never had mentally prepared leaders — Atiku

[b]Nigeria will begin to move forward from the day someone ready for leadership gets access to the corridors of power, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has propounded Abubakar who stated this on arrival on Friday at the Port Harcourt International Airport for the burial of Alamieyeseigha’s mother in Yenagoa on Saturday noted that the problem of Nigeria had been the unreadiness of those who had led and ruled it in the past.

I agree!!!
Re: Nigeria Has Never Had Mentally Prepared Leaders — Atiku by Thadude(m): 1:01am On Mar 15, 2009
So who is now the mentally prepared leader,, is it Atiku? I beg make una let me hear word.
Untill we killl all those old politicians and the youths take over the nation, we shall keep moving in a circle.
Re: Nigeria Has Never Had Mentally Prepared Leaders — Atiku by Nobody: 1:11am On Mar 15, 2009
Atiku considers himself mentally prepared? shocked Now that's a surprise.
Re: Nigeria Has Never Had Mentally Prepared Leaders — Atiku by jamace(m): 2:38am On Mar 15, 2009
This man wants to gain relevance through ogboju when he has squandered his opportunity.
Re: Nigeria Has Never Had Mentally Prepared Leaders — Atiku by KnowAll(m): 1:25pm On Mar 15, 2009
Imagine this scenerio

OBJ and his cohorts quietly gain access to the Yardua house hold met his house help,

OBJ: Where your oga,

House boy: he dey 4 room,

OBJ: Where is the room,

HB: na the room be that ( pointing to the 2nd room to the left of the living quarters )

OBJ and cohorts berges into the room, Yardua on seeing OBJ the following transpired

Yaradua: Ah Mr President why the sudden visit, Have I been implicated in some fraud or something, I am the only surving Yardua, he was pleading that they should not arrest him.

OBJ burst into an uncontollable laughter, and said

OBJ: No, No, we are not arresting you, infact we have come to make you the next president.

Yaradua: Me president, president of what,

OBJ: of Nigeria of course,

Yardua: What happened to Atiku

OBJ: forget that man, u are the people's choice.

Yardua: But I have no programme for the country

OBJ: Use the Katsina programme its all one Nigeria.

Yardua: Kai, that na big job oh, baba u for tell long time ago,

OBJ: dont worry u will be ok, its a piece of cake, even a primary 4 year child can run this country.

Conclusion : Yardua was not ready that is why he has been dilly dallying for 2 years. What Atiku said is right.
Re: Nigeria Has Never Had Mentally Prepared Leaders — Atiku by ikeyman00(m): 1:40pm On Mar 15, 2009
atiku is a joke and he knows it
Re: Nigeria Has Never Had Mentally Prepared Leaders — Atiku by asha80(m): 5:48pm On Mar 15, 2009
Good message.

Wrong messanger.
Re: Nigeria Has Never Had Mentally Prepared Leaders — Atiku by mustafar1: 6:11pm On Mar 15, 2009
telling nigeria what nigeria already knows. trying to score points but pissing people off instead.
Re: Nigeria Has Never Had Mentally Prepared Leaders — Atiku by otokx(m): 7:54pm On Mar 15, 2009
Some people are mentally prepared.

(1) (Reply)

World Election-Vote For The Earth / Alleged Plot To Kill Tinubu Police Quiz Ac’s Spokesman Lai Mohammed / What Do You Expect Of Osun State Appeal Court Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.