Stats: 3,173,130 members, 7,887,264 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:14 AM

Toyota Or Honda - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Or Honda (756 Views)

2016 Camry, Honda Accord Or Honda Civic, Please Help Make A Decisio / Toyota Or Honda 2004 - 2008 Edition Naija Used Needed Urgently / Toyota Or Honda Car Needed Urgently!!! 800k Budget (2) (3) (4)

Toyota Or Honda by Ladfem(m): 10:16am On Jul 27, 2015
gud am to u all pls i need experts in d bizness of car to pls enligthen me to make choice betwn TOYOTA PRODUCT AND HONDA PRODUCT viz-vis ;
1: price
2: engine performance
3: fuel comsumption
4: second hand value
5: availabitity of spare part/cost

THANKS IN ANTICIPATION FOR UR CONTRUCTIVE ANSWER
Re: Toyota Or Honda by ElRazur: 10:57am On Jul 27, 2015
It boils down to personal preference I think. They are mostly the same in all the fields you mentioned. Or overall, they are mostly the same. It does appear that there's a popularity of Toyota in naija and that may mean more parts and know-how services being available.

As for price it all depends on the car you want isn't. I am at a dilemma initially too as I wanted a Lexus (Toyota) 330 of 2005 but the price quote is IMO too expensive for something I would only use for few times in the year when I'm around.

Now, the comparable or direct rival to RX 330 will be the Acura (Honda) MDX. And for a 2005 model I'll spend almost a million less than the Toyota (Lexus) equivalent. So, from that angle, the Honda seem cheaper for me.

Sorry if my explanation isn't giving you direct answer but I think both are similar and it all boils down to what you want and perhaps your budget (if you are looking at RX 330 v Acura MDX like I am)

I hope that helps.

Re: Toyota Or Honda by chuka5000(m): 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2015
Ladfem:
gud am to u all pls i need experts in d bizness of car to pls enligthen me to make choice betwn TOYOTA PRODUCT AND HONDA PRODUCT viz-vis ;
1: price
2: engine performance
3: fuel comsumption
4: second hand value
5: availabitity of spare part/cost

THANKS IN ANTICIPATION FOR UR CONTRUCTIVE ANSWER

Price - depends on ur pocket bro

Engine performance- honda is faster

Fuel consumption - honda does better
Second hand value. The same thing. Some people will argue this. I got proof.

Availability of spare parts- The same

Durability - u forgot to add this. Toyota is better.

Re: Toyota Or Honda by Ladfem(m): 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2015
tanx dude more opinon pls

James Ocholi: A Lesson For Nigerians To Learn / Lenovo K8 Note Upcoming Smartphone News !! / Will Make Landfall On Texas Central