Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,779 members, 7,921,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 12:25 PM

Student Leader Detained In U.s - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Student Leader Detained In U.s (674 Views)

Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S / More Northerners Detained In Fresh Abia Raid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Student Leader Detained In U.s by muda1: 10:41pm On Mar 15, 2009
-student leader detained in U.S
By WALTER UKAEGBU
Sunday, March 15, 2009

A [b]former student leader at The Polytechnic, Ibadan, and a staunch follower of the late Chief Bola Ige, Mr Tijani Adekunle Najeem, is being detained at New Jersey in the United States due to residential permit mix-up.
Najeem had fled to United States following alleged threats to his life and that of some others for their support for the late Ige, Alhaja Kudirat Abiola and other notable activists during the government of late General Sani Abacha.

He has been living there for over 12 years but is now facing repatriation threat.
A relation of the detained former activist, Mr Kehinde Fasasi, however, told Sunday Sun that the fear of the family is that sending him back home to Nigeria at this time would be dangerous because the people in government then who threatened his life still have their cronies at the helm of affair.

“I have known Najeem Tijani since 1991 when I was in Nigeria and I knew about his problems with people in government who were trying to get rid of him and some other student activists because of their role in fighting for students welfare as well as freedom of the people of Nigeria at large,” he stated[/b]

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/mar/15/national-15-03-2009-06.htm
Re: Student Leader Detained In U.s by oderemo(m): 11:39pm On Mar 15, 2009
I
have known Najeem Tijani since 1991 when I was in Nigeria and I knew about his problems with people in government who were trying to get rid of him and some other student activists because of their role in fighting for students welfare as well as freedom of the people of Nigeria at large,” he stated

12yrs in the us and you think nigeria has not changed. just go home my man.
Re: Student Leader Detained In U.s by maxell(f): 11:49pm On Mar 15, 2009
in politics section undecided

(1) (Reply)

Daniel Has Killed Ogun Pdp -elders / Theft Mars Nigerian 're-branding'-bbc News. / What Is The Legacy Of Catholicism In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.