Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,226 members, 7,947,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 01:17 PM

What Business Can I Have In The Field Of I.T? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business Can I Have In The Field Of I.T? (722 Views)

About Computer Village,ikeja,lagos State.(largest I.T Market In Nigeria)pictures / Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? / Enough Of I Need Idea Or Money For Investment: Lets Invest Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Business Can I Have In The Field Of I.T? by mood911(m): 2:26pm On Mar 16, 2009
pls guys help me out, wut r the diff oppurtunities in the feild of IT, gimme some ideas on how and wut kind of business can i have in the field of IT , as a software engineer, abeg help oo, neew ur views,
Re: What Business Can I Have In The Field Of I.T? by brianromel(m): 9:40am On Mar 18, 2009
Make and sell softwares that will be of relevance to small and medium scale offices.Do a research for this and provide what they ask for,pricing is one thing you will have to cut down on.
When you have designed something tangible,mean with some venture capital firms and see how they can help you market the product.
Re: What Business Can I Have In The Field Of I.T? by naijacutee(f): 10:25am On Mar 18, 2009
Like brianromel said, I'm pretty sure if you look around you'll find gaps that desperately need to be filled in the sofwareware market - And companies are ready to pay for them. First, you can talk to company people and find out what they need. Find out what their problems are, and see if it's something your abilities can get a solution for.

From my experience, I find that many companies have issues with organising, storing and retrieving sensitive data. Why don't you look into a way of solving this problem. For example, if you look at this thread : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=239651.msg3517197#msg3517197

and this one : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-88648.0.html

you'll see that it looks like both companies are struggling with their data systems - And this is just two out of thousands of Nigerian companies out there. I won't even be surprised if many so-called "big" companies have similar issues. I think this is an untapped goldmine.

Re: What Business Can I Have In The Field Of I.T? by mood911(m): 4:14pm On Mar 19, 2009
yo brian and naijacutie, thnx aalot guyss, m sorrie hv not bin online to reply earlier, and naijacutie, i saw da links, thnx alot, i now hav an idea to think abt sumtin ,

(1) (Reply)

Bank Frauds! Banks Cheating Their Customer / Share Your Experience As An Affiliate: Part 1 / Lets Discuss Stocks!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.