Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,764 members, 7,930,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 12:12 AM

Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead (74183 Views)

Aderemi Sijuwade Buys Car For Labisi Folawiyo Hours Before Their Wedding / "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake / Ooni Of Ife’s Last Photo Alive: Oba Sijuwade Rides Rolls Royce Car With Sons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 11:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
OBA WO-AJA =D
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Dindondin(m): 11:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
Aahh aye o.
RIP Kabiyesi.

Last Bullet
I m a direct descendant of Oduduwa.
My 100th great grandfather is the last born of Oranmiyan.
I should be considered as heir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by darvic1515(m): 11:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
Jezz, if truly Ooni is dead, I'll advice any1 around ife and its environs to be very very careful around dis time, I went to OAU and i know how things are done in ife.

RIP Oonirisha of the source the oubuse of ife land.

4 Likes

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Rebiliv: 11:44pm On Jul 28, 2015
RIP
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by pamcode(m): 11:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
Eyah Rip to him and to the unfortunate Seven heads that will be severed from their bodies, i say Rip again. If you know anybody going to Ife and it enivrons, warn the person o repeat warn him, for those in Oau never leave campus after 6. Kabiyeesi o
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by darvic1515(m): 11:46pm On Jul 28, 2015
ToyozzieTohBad:
OBA WO-AJA =D
Aja orun abi? Lol, pretty since day 1.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by madisonsquare: 11:47pm On Jul 28, 2015
funlord:
grin NDLEA would be pleased with this development!
. Some people are born foolish,Rubbish talk.

4 Likes

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
[quote author=IbokUtoroh post=36377102][/quote]

you're obviously an ignorant being. Watch what you type, else you will land where you will forever regret your action. social media is not for people to post stupid and sarcastic comments like you did. This is a monarch who's been ruling before you were born......you dull fellow.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by oluwalfa: 11:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
what a happy day
good news everywhere
smiley
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by AmicableEd: 11:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by oduastates: 11:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
gesundheit:
The ooni will not be missed, he never stood for the ideals of the Yoruba nation. he tagged along anywhere is intrest will be achieved and attained. The gun running during the modakeke-ife crisis was well documented couple with the active support to various PDP government causing havoc in Yoruba states and the country in general. the Yoruba nations need a worthy son on that sacred stool and not a greedy felon.

First sensible comment. This ooni was a contractor .
We need an ooni grounded in culture , tradition and one who will be a true custodian of our values system ( omoluabi) and religion ( neither a Christian or Muslim ).
It does not matter if he is a freaking poor illiterate, as long as he is not materialistic and is grounded in our value system , yorubaland will be liberated from the shackles of colonialism and grow at an astronomical rate.

6 Likes

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by gesundheit: 11:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
oduastates:

First sensible comment. This ooni was a contractor .

We are talking of worthy kings Awujale stands tall among his peers.

2 Likes

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by coolitempa(f): 11:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
It is over.....baba ikuyeye has gone.......to join his forebearers..........totally down....... cry cry cry
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Sinbad2(m): 11:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
darvic1515:
Jezz, if truly Ooni is dead, I'll advice any1 around ife and its environs to be very very careful around dis time, I went to OAU and i know how things are done in ife.

RIP Oonirisha of the source the oubuse of ife land.
baba mi nice talk everyone must be very careful in ife nd it environ otherwise na that person ****them go take do the thing

1 Like

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by funlord(m): 11:55pm On Jul 28, 2015
Pained kinsmen everywhere! Lol!
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Twy: 11:55pm On Jul 28, 2015
funlord:
grin NDLEA would be pleased with this development!

Was that 70s stuff true?
anyways he was a nice dude, lovedhis community very much, and kind of the typical Nigerian businessman/hustler. I think the business aspect kind of impacted negatively on his legacy especially his relationships with governments and basically collecting money and doing shoddy jobs.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by funlord(m): 11:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
madisonsquare:
. Some people like me are born foolish,Rubbish talk is my stock in trade.

I see! Now GET LOST you inconsequential cankerworm
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by guntranno(f): 11:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
barcanista:
How can he die this period? This is the time the people of Ife and the entire Yoruba nation needed his service the most. RIP Kabyesi

What has he done for the people of SW over the last few years?

Abi na because na PDP oba?

If true, May God grant him a smooth passage into Paradise. May his shortcomings be forgiven and be free from the torment of the grave. Ameen

1 Like

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
he has gone home.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by darvic1515(m): 11:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
Sinbad2:
baba mi nice talk everyone must be very careful in ife nd it environ otherwise na that person ****them go take do the thing

I dey tell u, ife is well known for rituals not to talk of now wey king die. heads go roll.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by gesundheit: 12:01am On Jul 29, 2015
funlord:
Pained kinsmen everywhere! Lol!

Even the evil protection seeker is mourning his oga in corruption and all the wrongs thing we can think about.

1 Like

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by funlord(m): 12:01am On Jul 29, 2015
. [/quote] wink
Twy:

Was that 70s stuff true?
anyways he was a nice dude, lovedhis community very much, and kind of the typical Nigerian businessman/hustler. I think the business aspect kind of impacted negatively on his legacy especially his relationships with governments and basically collecting money and doing shoddy jobs.

Dude! This guy was one of the most politically and financially motivated traditional rulers in nigerian history! Check his background! Even in the u.k and u.s he carries much baggage due 2 his numerous run ins with the law! Apart from crises abeg what is his legacy 2 his people?

3 Likes

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Mufasa27(m): 12:03am On Jul 29, 2015
Whether you like it or not,he is the king of all yoruba kings... RIP olubuse !
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by NovusHomo(m): 12:04am On Jul 29, 2015
barcanista:
How can he die this period? This is the time the people of Ife and the entire Yoruba nation needed his service the most. RIP Kabyesi

How?

1 Like

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 29, 2015
guntranno:

What has he done for the people of SW over the last few years?

Abi na because na PDP oba?

If true, May God grant him a smooth passage into Paradise. May his shortcomings be forgiven and be free from the torment of the grave. Ameen
Baby girl, which one is PDP Oba again? Well, I'm not from SW and he's not my monarch... Hw are you btw?
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by prof800(m): 12:05am On Jul 29, 2015
R.I.P Oba.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by gesundheit: 12:06am On Jul 29, 2015
barcanista:
Baby girl, which one is PDP Oba again? Well, I'm not from SW and he's not my monarch... Hw are you btw?

That more reason why you have to STFU.. And face your life of been an e-sycophant.

2 Likes

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by scholes0(m): 12:06am On Jul 29, 2015
emekaokeke1978:
He should roast in d lagoon,I just hate d yoruba people damn bad

Then why are you in Lagos, where you are surrounded by Yorubas, if you hate them so badly?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by NovusHomo(m): 12:07am On Jul 29, 2015
emekaokeke1978:
He should roast in d lagoon,I just hate d yoruba people damn bad

Be careful, HATE has a way of consuming the hater first. Enough said.

1 Like

Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by greall12(m): 12:07am On Jul 29, 2015
Watch ur tongue Yorubas don't play with their obas.

RIP Kabiyesi.
Re: Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead by hadura29(m): 12:08am On Jul 29, 2015
Freemanan:
I KNEW THIS KING GROWING UP. MY GRAND PA TOLD ME HOW POWERFUL HE WAS AND HOW HE HAS A PENCHANT FOR DOING GOOD FOR HIS IMMEDIATE AND REMOTE COMMUNITIES. WISH I MET HIM IN PERSON THO.

DEATH, BE NOT PROUD. NIGERIA MOURNS A HUMAN BEING TODAY....

*OSUN cries*

I don't want to believe this news. I knew him all my life, i met him severally, infact he's preparing for one of his children's wedding.

He's a great man... And great uncle to me.. Ooni risa../ okiribitiribiti.... Omo ile orunto....

sad

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Silekunola Naomi Ogunwusi Celebrates 7th Year Of En-Heralds Ministry / Silekunola Naomi Ogunwusi Biography, Age, Ooni Of Ife Prophetess Wife / Olori Wuraola: Jennifer Obayuwana Gives Shout Out To Ooni Of Ife's New Wife

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.