Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,785 members, 7,945,473 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 05:55 PM

Hack++ Code Editor - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Hack++ Code Editor (1799 Views)

. / What's Your Favourite Text Editor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hack++ Code Editor by thewebcraft(m): 11:42am On Jul 29, 2015
Hi Guys, I just started a new project last weekend, after been frustrated with Brackets, Vim, sublime or Notepad++, I decided to create an open source code editor for windows, Mac and Linux (Hack++).
Hack++ is written in Javascript and uses CSS (UI Design) also C# As shell (For Features)..
Key Features.
Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
Auto-completion: Word completion, Function completion and Function parameters hint
Multi-Document (Tab interface)
WYSIWYG Mode
Multi-Language environment supported
Launch
Live Mode (Working on it..)
FTP Integration
Syntax Debugger...
A Repo will be created and source code will be uploaded to my Github Repo. by the end of august (UI Design will also be added....want it to look like Brackets..), i will like you guys to help out with suggestions, UI layout and features
Thanks..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hack++ Code Editor by FincoApps(m): 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
Very good, looks great. What languages does it work wiith and is it available on Windows

1 Like

Re: Hack++ Code Editor by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
That is great work!

1 Like

Re: Hack++ Code Editor by HCpaul(m): 3:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
I must encourage this. I designed a web based of the application some years ago. Its innovative.
Re: Hack++ Code Editor by lordZOUGA(m): 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
Good work but why?
What features does this IDE offer that other IDEs don't offer?

3 Likes

Re: Hack++ Code Editor by thewebcraft(m): 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2015
FincoApps:
Very good, looks great. What languages does it work wiith and is it available on Windows
Supports Editing of 200+ languages works on Windows, Mac and Linux
Re: Hack++ Code Editor by thewebcraft(m): 5:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
lordZOUGA:
Good work but why? What features does this IDE offer that other IDEs don't offer?
Important question, mainly the ftp i.e the live edit mode, trying to make it unique..
Re: Hack++ Code Editor by thewebcraft(m): 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2015
dhtml18:
That is great work!
Thanks
Re: Hack++ Code Editor by bizycodin: 6:16pm On Jul 29, 2015
Great! Can't wait to use a "made in Nigeria by a Nigerian" IDE. Curiously waiting and hope it's gonna b innovative? I also don't mind being a part of the project for leisure coding..
Re: Hack++ Code Editor by lordZOUGA(m): 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
thewebcraft:

Important question, mainly the ftp i.e the live edit mode, trying to make it unique..
Faster transfer of changes? or better redundancy?.

I think People will find use for your project more if you create it as a plugin to already existing IDE options. This way, they can easily integrate it into their workflow than having to learn a new tool just because of a feature they might be able to do without.

Unless this is just to experiment then please don't mind me.

2 Likes

Re: Hack++ Code Editor by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 29, 2015
^^^A very valid observation indeed
Re: Hack++ Code Editor by thewebcraft(m): 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
lordZOUGA:

Faster transfer of changes? or better redundancy?.

I think People will find use for your project more if you create it as a plugin to already existing IDE options. This way, they can easily integrate it into their workflow than having to learn a new tool just because of a feature they might be able to do without.

Unless this is just to experiment then please don't mind me.
I'll look into that, Thanks alot
Re: Hack++ Code Editor by thewebcraft(m): 9:41pm On Jul 29, 2015
bizycodin:
Great! Can't wait to use a "made in Nigeria by a Nigerian" IDE. Curiously waiting and hope it's gonna b innovative? I also don't mind being a part of the project for leisure coding..
"made in Nigeria by a Nigerian" Lol....
Re: Hack++ Code Editor by macsika: 10:41pm On Jul 29, 2015
This is great work.
Re: Hack++ Code Editor by mbz101(m): 2:31pm On Jul 30, 2015
You are a good coder ? Advice
Re: Hack++ Code Editor by FincoApps(m): 4:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
There are 2 very important features I want you to put badly. I've never seen any IDE with them combined.

1. When you click on a keyword, all the other keywords with the same character should be highlighted just like in Webstorm or Eclipse.
2. If an HTML file is opened, all the external scripts should be loaded just like Dreamweaver.

I could even pay for them
Re: Hack++ Code Editor by thewebcraft(m): 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2015
FincoApps No. 1 has been added, Are your saying it should have like and inbuilt browser?
Re: Hack++ Code Editor by FincoApps(m): 5:15pm On Jul 30, 2015
Not at all. For example, you want to find all the places you used "for", just click on one and the others highlight.

For the second one, see the image of dreamweaver
thewebcraft:
FincoApps No. 1 has been added, Are your saying it should have like and inbuilt browser?

Re: Hack++ Code Editor by Olumyco(m): 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
Good work man. Love this.
I see this more like an IDE and not an editor.
Infact it came at d right time. Can't wait to see it.
If I may ask why have u chosen to use the word 'hack' for the IDE.
Also are u developing d shell directly with C# from d scratch because electron and nwjs could help.
Thanks
Re: Hack++ Code Editor by CodeHouse: 9:02pm On Jul 30, 2015
ok
Re: Hack++ Code Editor by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 30, 2015
oga o
Re: Hack++ Code Editor by thewebcraft(m): 11:28pm On Jul 30, 2015
FincoApps:
Not at all. For example, you want to find all the places you used "for", just click on one and the others highlight.

For the second one, see the image of dreamweaver
Hmmm ok
Re: Hack++ Code Editor by thewebcraft(m): 12:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
mbz101:
You are a good coder ? Advice
I don't understand
Re: Hack++ Code Editor by thewebcraft(m): 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2015
Olumyco:
Good work man. Love this.
I see this more like an IDE and not an editor.
Infact it came at d right time. Can't wait to see it.
If I may ask why have u chosen to use the word 'hack' for the IDE.
Also are u developing d shell directly with C# from d scratch because electron and nwjs could help.
Thanks
Cant think of any name right now, "electron and nwjs" already got that covered.
thanks
Re: Hack++ Code Editor by enmacmedia: 7:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
thewebcraft:
Hi Guys, I just started a new project last weekend, after been frustrated with Brackets, Vim, sublime or Notepad++, I decided to create an open source code editor for windows, Mac and Linux (Hack++).
Hack++ is written in Javascript and uses CSS (UI Design) also C# As shell (For Features)..
Key Features.
Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
Auto-completion: Word completion, Function completion and Function parameters hint
Multi-Document (Tab interface)
WYSIWYG Mode
Multi-Language environment supported
Launch
Live Mode (Working on it..)
FTP Integration
Syntax Debugger...
A Repo will be created and source code will be uploaded to my Github Repo. by the end of august (UI Design will also be added....want it to look like Brackets..), i will like you guys to help out with suggestions, UI layout and features
Thanks..
Good Job!

(1) (Reply)

Settled / African Mobile Apps Competition / Andela lab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.