Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,552 members, 7,948,136 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 02:40 PM

Wiil 500k Be Enough To Travel To South Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Wiil 500k Be Enough To Travel To South Africa (2090 Views)

Is 600k Enough To Travel To South Africa / US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US / My Honeymoon Trip To South Africa ( Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wiil 500k Be Enough To Travel To South Africa by odobe007(m): 6:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
fellow nairalander I greet you all

straight 2 the matter. I have about 500k with me at the moment and I want to use the money to process my visa to south Africa, I have friends over there who have been their for like 2yrs and there all promise to help me if I get there..

Now my question is ::
1)will 500k be enough to process my visa to SA
2)is it a good idea to invest my last card on a mission I don't even have guarantee on ( cos I dey doubt dos frnds of mine).

abeg I really need your advice and bashing
Re: Wiil 500k Be Enough To Travel To South Africa by odobe007(m): 8:59pm On Jul 29, 2015
only view no comment ....... una no try ooo
Re: Wiil 500k Be Enough To Travel To South Africa by Nobody: 3:43am On Jul 30, 2015
Better you stay in Nigeria, those friends only wants to share their bills with you, and leave you to your faith thereafter, be sure of a 100k minimum income from a Legit source before coming here

3 Likes

Re: Wiil 500k Be Enough To Travel To South Africa by SisterCaro(m): 5:11am On Jul 30, 2015
odobe007:
only view no comment ....... una no try ooo
your friends might play you. i have heard of many cases where people are promised to be helped by "friends and relatives" only to get played when the get here. Make sure you have a solid plan you have planned out by yourself.

Your money is just enough but do make sure you spend it wisely otherwise you might just blow off your budget. But how long do you intend on staying in SA for?
Re: Wiil 500k Be Enough To Travel To South Africa by odobe007(m): 6:23am On Jul 30, 2015
SisterCaro:
your friends might play you. i have heard of many cases where people are promised to be helped by "friends and relatives" only to get played when the get here. Make sure you have a solid plan you have planned out by yourself.

Your money is just enough but do make sure you spend it wisely otherwise you might just blow off your budget. But how long do you intend on staying in SA for?

at least 5yrs..... just wanna hustle
Re: Wiil 500k Be Enough To Travel To South Africa by odobe007(m): 6:24am On Jul 30, 2015
eddiebruk:
Better you stay in Nigeria, those friends only wants to share their bills with you, and leave you to your faith thereafter, be sure of a 100k minimum income from a Legit source before coming here

tanks sir are u in S.A?
Re: Wiil 500k Be Enough To Travel To South Africa by SisterCaro(m): 6:50am On Jul 30, 2015
odobe007:

at least 5yrs..... just wanna hustle
what kind of a visa are you gonna use?
Re: Wiil 500k Be Enough To Travel To South Africa by odobe007(m): 7:55am On Jul 30, 2015
SisterCaro:
what kind of a visa are you gonna use?

I dunno... maybe like six month visa,wen I get there I will renew it. Or is that not possible??
Re: Wiil 500k Be Enough To Travel To South Africa by nysot(f): 8:35am On Jul 30, 2015
@ Op,please stay back in Nigeria to hustle. You can go to SA to visit and see things for yourself that will help you in making a decision. South Africa is very expensive to live in (the safe areas). That 500k you think is big will finish in SA within 1 month or 2months after processing your visa and flight ticket.
My advice for you is to visit the so called friends first,I bet you;they cannot help you
Re: Wiil 500k Be Enough To Travel To South Africa by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
odobe007:

tanks sir are u in S.A?

Yup
Re: Wiil 500k Be Enough To Travel To South Africa by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 30, 2015
odobe007:

I dunno... maybe like six month visa,wen I get there I will renew it. Or is that not possible??

They don't do permits here anymore, and SA only issue 3 months Visa, after which u are required to return back to Nigeria or risk a 5years ban
Re: Wiil 500k Be Enough To Travel To South Africa by SisterCaro(m): 2:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
odobe007:

if you are using a visitor's visa you cannot renew that one within SA you will have to leave the Republic after a certain number of days.

Usually visas like study, work and business visas will allow you to be in the country for as long as six months without renewing your permit. Normally these can also be renewed in SA when they are about to expire

Please do not depend on friends some people might be stranded and looking for fresh meat to maga.Really do research and plan your trip properly so you wont regret it
Re: Wiil 500k Be Enough To Travel To South Africa by SisterCaro(m): 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
eddiebruk:

Yup
where in SA are you?
Re: Wiil 500k Be Enough To Travel To South Africa by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 30, 2015
SisterCaro:
where in SA are you?

Jhb
Re: Wiil 500k Be Enough To Travel To South Africa by odobe007(m): 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
SisterCaro:
if you are using a visitor's visa you cannot renew that one within SA you will have to leave the Republic after a certain number of days.

Usually visas like study, work and business visas will allow you to be in the country for as long as six months without renewing your permit. Normally these can also be renewed in SA when they are about to expire

Please do not depend on friends some people might be stranded and looking for fresh meat to maga.Really do research and plan your trip properly so you wont regret it

Thanks so much you've been really helpful

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Plz Help Me With Direction In Ijebu / Belize Student Visa / Help!!!! I Got My Usa Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.