Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,779 members, 7,938,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 12:06 AM

Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? (1432 Views)

Video: Of The Kids Kissing In A Lagos Church Compound / It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? / Reasons Why Parents Should Never Fight Or Argue In Front Of Their Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by adeniyi1st(m): 2:01pm On Sep 27, 2006
Does it really worth it fighting or arguing in the present of the Kids?

What is the message we are really passing across to them?

What is the best way to resolve issues?

Fighting in front of your kids, is nothing short of abuse. Read on before you make the decision to ever do it again.

· Children learn what they live. Stop and think about what you’re teaching them.

· What goes through your mind when you do it? How do you justify doing this? Why do you think you’re entitled to fight in front of your kids? You’ve got to look at this and say, “This ain’t working” Stop it. The kids are picking up the tab.

· You have a choice: either vent your impulse or love your children. Those are mutually exclusive. When you fight in front of your kids, you are putting your need to explode ahead of your kids’ best interest and peace of mind.

· What are you fighting about? What’s your goal when you call each other names? Is it worth trashing your children’s harmony? Can you even remember what was so important last week that you were willing to trample over your children? What “victory” were you looking for? Is it worth it? Do you think your kids think it’s worth it?

see more on www.familyonlinebiz.com
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by windywendy(f): 2:23pm On Sep 27, 2006
No it is never proper to fight or argue in front of your kids -- esp. if those arguments are nasty and involve some name-calling. However if you do argue or fight in front of your kids, then make sure they see you make up, forgive and move on smiley
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by Mula(f): 2:58pm On Sep 27, 2006
if my parents choose to argue in front of me. well that's their biz
anyways, it doesn't matter now since I divorced them
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by fume: 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2006
it's reali not nice fighting or arguein either in da present of kids, kids learn and they try it within der peer.
most of us ave experience diz ugly act, but i tell uh, whn diz shit happenz our parent do not or rather can not control dem self as in whn da matter is reli hot n,
datz all i gat to say
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by Analytical(m): 3:51pm On Sep 29, 2006
Two adults should never allow issues to degenerate into fighting in the first place. There are better ways of resolving issues than fighting. Discuss it maturely if either one is getting angry, simply quit the argument. Take a walk or something, and come back to discuss when you have calmed down. You are more objective when you are calm.

Having said that, don't ever argue in front of your kids. Adults should be adults. Send the kids away, make sure they are sleeping, or get away from them if you have issues to iron out. Kids learn a lot by observation. The picture of dad and mum fighting sticks, even when you are old.
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by ladex142(m): 12:13am On Oct 02, 2006
Psychological NO grin
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by Busta(f): 12:29am On Oct 02, 2006
not right!
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by mamaput(f): 5:55pm On Oct 02, 2006
Depends on what its all about.
This world is not an illusion.argue is not always fighting.It could be about new TV or new fridge or some other useless stuff.
Brothers and sisters fight too not so
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by Ndipe(m): 2:50am On Oct 03, 2006
What kind of questions do some people ask on the board? It is NEVER proper to fight in front of your kids. Every adult should know that.
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by izoneb(f): 4:22am On Oct 03, 2006
Very wrong whatever the circumstance.Wait till u are alone.
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:58pm On Oct 27, 2006
i second that.
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by slim14(m): 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2010
Train a child in the way he should go,
and when he is old he will not turn from it,
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by sms4health: 9:56am On Oct 07, 2010
Children learn from us and copy us.

They idolize us.

As their role models, they will do what they see and not what they are told.

Parents control yourselves, don't fight in front of your children as you are already laying a path they will follow.

Worst of all they will think it's okay, after all Mum and Dad do it, don't they?
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by meyri: 12:19am On Oct 08, 2010
It bad enough that parents will argue in front of the kids but in addition they will invite kids into the arguement forcing the kids to take sides.
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by mamagee3(f): 1:43am On Oct 08, 2010
It's not right, Children should be brought up in a peaceful environment not in a quarrelsome home. . .

It's just not right but that's my opinion.
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by moorenic(m): 1:45pm On Oct 08, 2010
It a bad way for couples to deal with issues, regardless of how annoying such could ever be. It affect the psyche of the children and in turn may not see anything wrong in doing so too. However, such children may grow up as a bad spouse that characterizes homes noticeable sad.
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2010
--
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by dayokanu(m): 9:12pm On Oct 08, 2010
Is it proper to have sex in the presence of the kids?
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by Sissy3(f): 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2010
^^^^

u tell us tongue

@ Chaircover

exactly. u took the words right out of my mind hand. one of the advices i noticed people most often give to newlyweds or those that have a family/planning is never argue in front of the kids. i say thats an idealist POV cause in real world, arguments/conflicts are inevitable in any human relationship. its part of being human. seeing that parents are mostly their kids role model, it serves as a means for them to use that opportunity to instill in their kids how to argue effectively without dirty fighting,name calling or yelling etc those are skill. what is NEVER right is fighting and dirty arguments etc because the kids will model after that.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by dayokanu(m): 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2010
^^ Lets practicalize it and see if its good or not
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by Sissy3(f): 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2010
nah, u practicalize it. i will freely and willingly take note, study the effect and have the results on ur table. nows dats a good deal. i'd take it if i were u wink
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2010
---
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by dayokanu(m): 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2010
We need a couple for the practicalisation.

I cant do it by myself. So if you would join, It would be a good learning process for the kids
Re: Is It Proper To Fight Or Argue In The Present Of The Kids? by dayokanu(m): 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2010
chaircover:

chei shocked shocked shocked grin

I'm going to bed . . . . .my eyes are seeing what I shouldn't be seeing so they are better off closed embarassed grin

What is your eyes "SAWING" Dont forget my request o

(1) (Reply)

They Used My Blood For Ritual: Girl, 15, Accuses Lover, Pastor / Ladies:can You Be A Kept Wife / Who Is This Woman? Please Have Have You Seen One?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.