Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,096 members, 7,949,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 06:57 PM

NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation (1043 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Lists Items Stolen From His House In Abuja / "Melaye’s Academic Gown To Senate Was Stolen Or Hired, He Made Fool Of Himself" / Over 50% Of Youths, Women In Kaduna Involve In Drug Abuse, Agency Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by lolaxavier(m): 11:15pm On Jul 29, 2015

About 160 million barrels of crude oil, valued at $13.7bn were stolen under the watch of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, the Nigerian Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative, NEITI has revealed.
The declaration was made by the Executive Secretary of the NEITI, Hajiya Zainab Shamsuna-Ahmed, on Wednesday, July 30, 2015 during his visit to Governor Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State at Sir Kashim Ibrahim Government House, Kaduna.

In a report by The Punch, the NEITI boss, who called on the Federal Government to privatise the refineries, stated further that 'Crude product swap of $866m was lost from 2009 to 2011 and $82.43m in 2012.'

In her words, Shamsuna-Ahmed said, “Crude product swap of $866m was lost from 2009 to 2011 and $82.43m in 2012. Total amount expended on subsidy payment from 2005 to 2012 as captured, $11.631m have been paid to the NNPC,. However, there is no evidence this amount was remitted to the federation account.”

Meanwhile, el-Rufai alleged that since he called for the scrapping of NNPC, the corporation has being sponsoring articles in the media to attack him, saying he would continue to fight till NNPC was killed.
In his words, 'NNPC has become a monster and too powerful. I will continue to fight NNPC till it dies for Nigeria to survive. Its either Nigerians kill NNPC or NNPC will kill Nigeria. 'Since I called for the death of NNPC, the corporation sponsored articles attacking me, but I am telling them my skin is ticker than that of an elephant. The NNPC can’t bribe us, the four governors,' he opened up.
El-Rufai is among the four governors, appointed by the National Economic Council to scrutinise the accounts of the NNPC and the Excess Crude Account managed by the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan.
El-Rufai is joined by governors of Akwa-Ibom, Edo and Gombe states are members of the panel.

http://pulse.ng/local/nnpc-transparency-agency-says-13-7bn-was-stolen-from-oil-corporation-id4024686.html
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by DoroMega: 11:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
Free money, Jonah thank you oh.
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by natas22: 11:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by Otherique: 11:23pm On Jul 29, 2015
ok
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by lolaxavier(m): 11:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
I am waiting for the wailing wailers to start their baseless criticisms, as usual.
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by Aromas: 11:44pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hum... Thank God the clueless man does not win his 2nd term, if not...................we 4 dey see water call am fuel.
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by Abugab(m): 11:46pm On Jul 29, 2015
The stealing in NNPC was unprecedented in the last administration.
Nigeria was just a kill and divide entity on the watch of GEJ.
We are waiting and watching to see what becomes of the thieves soon

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by Brightology2(m): 11:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
E dn happen
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by lolaxavier(m): 11:59pm On Jul 29, 2015
Aromas:
Hum... Thank God the clueless man does not win his 2nd term, if not...................we 4 dey see water call am fuel.

One can only imagine what this country would have become if gej had won the election. Ahn ahn, how can corruption of this magnitude take place and it went undetected. Some people definitely need to answer these mysteries and be punished.
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by Pavore9: 12:07am On Jul 30, 2015
How people feel at 'ease' with stolen funds still baffles me....do the thought of their Creator ever cross their minds and the uselessness of their ill-gotten wealth when their eyes like every other human must surely close in death?
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by ifeanyija(m): 12:13am On Jul 30, 2015
Different figures everyday, pls how much last?
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by sammyj: 12:33am On Jul 30, 2015
shocked
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by kenedy175(m): 2:29am On Jul 30, 2015
The economy should be diversified before Rufai kills NNPC grin
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by kenedy175(m): 2:33am On Jul 30, 2015
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by JAMANZE: 2:40am On Jul 30, 2015
Where were you when the money is being stolen. okay you were asked to keep the stolen money
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by lolaxavier(m): 5:48am On Jul 30, 2015
I'm telling anyone who cares to listen, Dezaini still needs to be thoroughly quizzed. Theft of this magnitude cannot occur without an organized setup.
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by lolaxavier(m): 6:05am On Jul 30, 2015
ifeanyija:
Different figures everyday, pls how much last?

grin
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by olasmith10(m): 6:06am On Jul 30, 2015
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by rawtouch: 6:19am On Jul 30, 2015
Please they should stop throwing figures they are not sure of around all the time, ordinary citizens are confused
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by isbish(m): 6:21am On Jul 30, 2015
Many barely have a clue the extent to which this nation was eaten to bare bones via corruption from the immediate past. Believe me or not, if the facts are opened for you, u may faint if u aren't strong minded. If Dizieni is said to be critically ill for once after all these her years of tyranically and oligarchical rule in the NNPC, u had imagine she knows what she has done and is too jittery to face the law. I wish her quick recovery so she can come back home to account for her gross detestable mismanagement and alleged but obviously factual act of wanton and blatant embezzlement of our collective wealth.
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by lolaxavier(m): 6:32am On Jul 30, 2015
isbish:
Many barely have a clue the extent to which this nation was eaten to bare bones via corruption from the immediate past. Believe me or not, if the facts are opened for you, u may faint if u aren't strong minded. If Dizieni is said to be critically ill for once after all these her years of tyranically and oligarchical rule in the NNPC, u had imagine she knows what she has done and is too jittery to face the law. I wish her quick recovery so she can come back home to account for her gross detestable mismanagement and alleged but obviously factual act of wanton and blatant embezzlement of our collective wealth.

Nigerians will know these thieves in no time. I trust Buhari on this. Tanoids will still open their dirty mouth to say it is witch-hunting.
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by kennyman2000(m): 6:46am On Jul 30, 2015
if only we can introduce capital punishment.
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by lolaxavier(m): 7:05am On Jul 30, 2015
kennyman2000:
if only we can introduce capital punishment.

Seconded...
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by free2ryhme: 7:27am On Jul 30, 2015
They will not enjoy these stolen wealth in peace
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 30, 2015
Different figures from different angles.
Only God knows the amount of Dollars that was stolen from this country within the last 8yrs.

Allah ya isa!
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by themilanway(m): 7:48am On Jul 30, 2015
I hope Barcanista is noting this figures down and book marking these pages,if he indeed is"patriotic,the most intelligent and smartest political anaylst on Nairaland"as his gullible and dumb followers will make him believe.

The kind of figures been mention missing/stolen in NNPC is outrageous.It makes me the dig up that eye opener by Soludo in which he challenged our world and renowned economist,madam NOI of course to a live debate to read again and again.

Of course do I expect anything different or new from him?I expect to call this lies and propanganda.

So much for being a"patriot".

Lubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by lolaxavier(m): 7:49am On Jul 30, 2015
abuayman:
Different figures from different angles.
Only God knows the amount of Dollars that was stolen from this country within the last 8yrs.

Allah ya isa!

Obviously the exact amount stolen cannot be tagged. Let GMB just work towards getting the ones that have already been identified. GEJ, you really drained Nigeria with your fellow thieves.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by lolaxavier(m): 9:37am On Jul 30, 2015
themilanway:
I hope Barcanista is noting this figures down and book marking these pages,if he indeed is"patriotic,the most intelligent and smartest political anaylst on Nairaland"as his gullible and dumb followers will make him believe.

The kind of figures been mention missing/stolen in NNPC is outrageous.It makes me the dig up that eye opener by Soludo in which he challenged our world and renowned economist,madam NOI of course to a live debate to read again and again.

Of course do I expect anything different or new from him?I expect to call this lies and propanganda.

So much for being a"patriot".

Lubbish.

I'm not sure why the guy should be taken serious at all. He is just a load of rubbish always spewing thrash. Can't really catch any sense in his criticism, typical of his fellow tanoids.
Re: NNPC: Transparency Agency Says $13.7bn Was Stolen From Oil Corporation by laudate: 1:52pm On Jul 30, 2015
lolaxavier:
About 160 million barrels of crude oil, valued at $13.7bn were stolen under the watch of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, the Nigerian Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative, NEITI has revealed.
The declaration was made by the Executive Secretary of the NEITI, Hajiya Zainab Shamsuna-Ahmed, on Wednesday, July 30, 2015 during his visit to Governor Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State at Sir Kashim Ibrahim Government House, Kaduna.

NEITI's silliness knows no bounds. Why did it go to complain about the loss of 160 million barrels to el-Rufai??

Is he the police, or the Nigerian Navy?

How many barrels of oil are produced annually, that 160 million barrels would now be stolen? Over what period were all these so-called barrels of oil stolen?

What was the Nigerian Navy doing, when all these millions of barrels were being stolen?

Should the navy not be the one facing a probe, as to how such a huge amount of oil escaped across our marine borders when they were supposed to be guarding our territorial borders?

(1) (Reply)

CORRUPTION WAR: Probe Your Election Sponsors First, Fayose Tells Buhari / Senators Abandon Lawan, Tinubu. / PDP Begs As Members Plan Defection Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.