Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,213 members, 7,900,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:19 AM

MTN True Talk Plus Is Looking Like A Scam - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / MTN True Talk Plus Is Looking Like A Scam (1364 Views)

Mint HTC M9 Plus Is Needed Urgently / Iphone 6 Plus Is Urgently Needed / No More MTN True Talk+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MTN True Talk Plus Is Looking Like A Scam by papadjaji: 5:53pm On Jul 30, 2015
I migrated to MTN True Talk plus in mid June. The deal was, N5 daily access fee and 11k per second to any network in Nigeria.

I calculated that the daily access fee in a month isn't up to the price of a beer (N5 x 30 days = N150).

I sent the code to 131 and got confirmation that my line has been migrated. You will not believe it that i was silently migrated back to my old tariff plan. I wouldn't have known if not that the notification of amout charged after each call gave them away. The notification started with "your MTN zone balance is... ".

I called the CC and it was restored. After some weeks, i noticed that they have migrated me to default where I am being charged almost 25kobo / sec. It is more worrying because at the end of each call, the usual alert will just give you the time used and amount charged. No mention of the name of your tariff plan.

For real, When you have a reduction in call rate, you will not bothered about how long you spend on a call. Please guys, can you image how much MTN would have made from unsuspecting Nigerians? Why were we not notified that we where being migrated away to some other tariff plan? The CC girl was talking to me in a condescending manner. Telling me i never was on True Talk bla bla bla. When i offered to send her all the text confirming i was on True Talk Plus, she then said she can see it from another software that i was correct.

MTN NG, please tell Nigerians on True Talk Plus what current status is. I'm thinking of porting to Etisalat easy blaze or something. Ah, we don suffer.

2 Likes

Re: MTN True Talk Plus Is Looking Like A Scam by xavier0327(f): 6:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
MTN is like the devil....NO FREE GIFT!!!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Laptop Carcass (case Replacement) Needed / Brand New Camon CX For Sale 55k / Brand New Swatch Classic Wrist Brown Leather Watch 30k Pics SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.