Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,827 members, 7,972,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 12:13 AM

Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep (2094 Views)

Buhari Is Using Jonathan’s Ideas To Fight Corruption – APC Rep, Olasupo / APC Must Win Ondo Governorship Election – Tinubu / We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by Crimefacts: 9:28pm On Jul 30, 2015
On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 the House of Representatives reconvened and the remaining principal offices were filled, marking the beginning of full legislative business.

You may recall that the South East APC had nominated me for the post of Deputy Majority Whip; a nomination that was duly accepted by the presiding officers of the House of Representatives.

As you already know, the final position is that the South East is the only geopolitical zone that is excluded from the leadership caucus while one zone occupy two plum positions. This is the first time we are having this scenario since 1999. On principle, I accept the outcome of that session in good faith and sincerely congratulate the new leadership of the House as presently constituted. I have no reservation whatsoever in their ability to steer the ship of the Green Chambers.

However in view of the realities so vividly pictured in the process of constituting the leadership of the National Assembly, I am constrained to plead with our great party the All Progressive Congress ( APC ) to review its definition of inclusiveness and rethink its perception and treatment of the South East zone...CONTINUE: http://crimefacts.org/press-statement-apc-must-rethink-its-perception-of-ndigbo-says-apc-rep/
Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by Bugatie(m): 9:31pm On Jul 30, 2015
Igbos must not be seen with cap in hand begging for positions in this administration.

Maintain an indifference/opposition stance and see how the govt of the day will start lobbying them with appointments

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by natas22: 9:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by Abugab(m): 9:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
Committee Chairmanship for you
That's what you deserve
Politics is about number
Next time work hard so your people can come out in large numbers

3 Likes

Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by eyeview: 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2015
Bugatie:
Igbos must not be seen with cap in hand begging for positions in this administration.

Maintain an indifference/opposition stance and see how the govt of the day will start lobbying them with appointments

This is my stand too. They should just stay in opposition and when 2019 elections come,they'll be the zone every party will like to court.
Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
APClowns....those ideeeots don't have brains to think..... Dullardz, all of them... From daura-go-slow to all this cardless apc supports on NL.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by iykofias(m): 10:47pm On Jul 30, 2015
Baba is becoming slow n wicked o
Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by Jorussia(m): 10:49pm On Jul 30, 2015
Abugab:
That's what you deserve
Politics is about number
You are absolutely spot on.

3 Likes

Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by Mrbigman1(m): 11:36pm On Jul 30, 2015
And that's exactly my problem.

Roadchas would never see that happening he still talks with his mouth as large as his tommy.

Ngige went down to d underground knowing how fully well he has wasted his time. Dey re no more carrying him along.

If politics is really a game of interest then what's roadchas interest?

I hate dat guy
Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by Icon4s(m): 11:41pm On Jul 30, 2015
Abugab:
That's what you deserve
Politics is about number

Dnt mind we Igbos. When d Northerners were busy getting registered and collecting PVC our people were busy chasing shadows. How can a state like Imo or Abia b producing only 400, 000 votes where war ravaged states like Bornu & Bauchi be hitting 1million plus.Nt to talk of places like Kano & Katsina. Politics is a game of numbers. Igbos must take d next voters registration exercise serious, with that other zones would want to form aliance with us. Nothing stops the SE states from each having 3million plus registered voters so election days we will b recording 1million plus, including Igbos residing outside d SE and let me see whether Igbos wont b relevant in d political calculation.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by Icon4s(m): 11:51pm On Jul 30, 2015
Mrbigman1:
And that's exactly my problem.

Roadchas would never see that happening he still talks with his mouth as large as his tommy.

Ngige went down to d underground knowing how fully well he has wasted his time. Dey re no more carrying him along.

If politics is really a game of interest then what's roadchas interest?

I hate dat guy

Rochas and Ngige are d greatest fools of all d Igbos in APC. Baba has used and dumped them. APC needed them for d 25% required from d SE (which dey still dodnt get).APC is purnishing d SE for voting GoodLuck and this is time for our Igbo politicians to wake up and face d challenge. Massive voters registration campaign should be carried out across d SE and where ever Igbos reside in Nigeria. Let me see how semi-desert lands will b more populated than the tropical region.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by IGBOSON1: 12:17am On Jul 31, 2015
Icon4s:

Dnt mind we Igbos. When d Northerners were busy getting registered and collecting PVC our people were busy chasing shadows. How can a state like Imo or Abia b producing only 400, 000 votes where war ravaged states like Bornu & Bauchi be hitting 1million plus.Nt to talk of places like Kano & Katsina. Politics is a game of numbers. Igbos must take d next voters registration exercise serious, with that other zones would want to form aliance with us. Nothing stops the SE states from each having 3million plus registered voters so election days we will b recording 1million plus, including Igbos residing outside d SE and let me see whether Igbos wont b relevant in d political calculation.

^^^You're easily fooled if you don't know the last PVC registration exercise was rife with all sorts of shenanigans and wuruwuru aimed at giving buhari/Hausa/Fulani/APC an upperhand! Attahiru Jega was in on it, and i don't buy even for a second that his butter-won't-melt-in-my-mouth stance of incorruptibility!

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by Icon4s(m): 12:23am On Jul 31, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^You're easily fooled if you don't know the last PVC registration exercise was rife with all sorts of shenanigans and wuruwuru aimed at giving buhari/Hausa/Fulani/APC an upperhand! Attahiru Jega was in on it, and i don't buy for a second his butter-won't-melt-in-my-mouth stance of incorruptibility!

See, this is where d problem is. We will sit down in d comfort of our homes and b crying wolf where there is none. Majority of we southerners did nt take the voters registration serious bc we have so much believe in the notion dat our votes dnt count. My Brother if u didnt get ur PVC d last election try and get it. Not jst u bt every Igbo son and daughter around you.
We need to lay low this Biafra thing for now and take what is ours in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by Cjrane2: 12:39am On Jul 31, 2015
[size=15pt]APC should enjoy its 4 years.
Igbos should not listen to those Igbo APC members seeking offices and using the word Igbo. Let APC enjoy its loot, nothing lasts for ever.[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by FacelessPatriot: 1:06am On Jul 31, 2015
They should all defect to pdp where they will be more appreciated instead of adding to the number of apc reps without being recognised
Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by M4gunners: 1:24am On Jul 31, 2015
One nigeria is a 21 century scam on Igbo people.
Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by denedene(m): 1:34am On Jul 31, 2015
come back home, pdp will nvr neglect u. grin
Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by ifyan(m): 2:05am On Jul 31, 2015
If it is because of low support from the National election.

Hmmmm, believe me APC calculation will lead to their downfall.

Remember what goes ......
Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by omoelesa(m): 3:09am On Jul 31, 2015
Biafra is ok for u people now at least, nnadi kanu is doing a good job for u people with radio biafra.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by yang(m): 5:04am On Jul 31, 2015
Stop using Igbo name to beg

We are Igbo and we never beg for anything

All the Imo APC reps are a disgrace to Igbo culture

Ndi awusa turu ime ha

Jiri aha igbo eme saboteur

Thunder fire you, who said we want any position in the zoo house of reps led by Islamic Party Congress
Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by omenka(m): 5:33am On Jul 31, 2015
Another day, another whining.

So irritating.

These politicians, from Ohanaeze and the rest of them are wailing not for the igbo people but for their private pockets.

How much good did all the appointments they had under jonathan bring to the entire region?? What exactly did Ekweremadu and ihedioha do for the people of the SE in 8years as presiding officers??

What did David Mark achieve for the people of Otukpo, let alone the middle belt, in 8years as senate president?? We have seen pics of a police station close to his house and have seen pictures of his house- we know the difference- a house with a rooftop helipad upon which was graciously perched a private helicopter (of course he can hardly drive around in those roads in Otukpo), and a Rolls Royce Phantom parked just at the foot of his corridor, probably to take him to his private gulf course close to his house.

These are the sort of things these men use their positions to do and not to better the lives of the average or poor nigerians. Yet when it appears they've been excluded from invitation to dinner, they wail all over the place, whipping up ethnic and religious sentiments, and gullible Nigerians like most of the posters above me and others to come behind me foolishly elevate the pitch of their cries to high heavens.

I pity all of una.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by kenedy175(m): 6:44am On Jul 31, 2015
Icon4s:

See, this is where d problem is. We will sit down in d comfort of our homes and b crying wolf where there is none. Majority of we southerners did nt take the voters registration serious bc we have so much believe in the notion dat our votes dnt count. My Brother if u didnt get ur PVC d last election try and get it. Not jst u bt every Igbo son and daughter around you.
We need to lay low this Biafra thing for now and take what is ours in Nigeria.
This is exactly where the problem is. An average hausa man saw it as mandatory to get his pvc and vote. This guys don't joke with politics. A fulani herdsman is much more informed politically than an average Igbo man. In the North, you see old people going to vote but down east, they just don't care.

We need to step up our game if we know what we want to achieve

1 Like

Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by otukpo(f): 6:45am On Jul 31, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^You're easily fooled if you don't know the last PVC registration exercise was rife with all sorts of shenanigans and wuruwuru aimed at giving buhari/Hausa/Fulani/APC an upperhand! Attahiru Jega was in on it, and i don't buy even for a second that his butter-won't-melt-in-my-mouth stance of incorruptibility!

Your head dey there.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by 2ruink(m): 6:52am On Jul 31, 2015
omenka:
Another day, another whining.

So irritating.

These politicians, from Ohanaeze and the rest of them are wailing not for the igbo people but for their private pockets.

How much good did all the appointments they had under jonathan bring to the entire region?? What exactly did Ekweremadu and ihedioha do for the people of the SE in 8years as presiding officers??

What did David Mark achieve for the people of Otukpo, let alone the middle belt, in 8years as senate president?? We have seen pics of a police station close to his house and have seen pictures of his house- we know the difference- a house with a rooftop helipad upon which was graciously perched a private helicopter (of course he can hardly drive around in those roads in Otukpo), and a Rolls Royce Phantom parked just at the foot of his corridor, probably to take him to his private gulf course close to his house.

These are the sort of things these men use their positions to do and not to better the lives of the average or poor nigerians. Yet when it appears they've been excluded from invitation to dinner, they wail all over the place, whipping up ethnic and religious sentiments, and gullible Nigerians like most of the posters above me and others to come behind me foolishly elevate the pitch of their cries to high heavens.

I pity all of una.
phuk u
Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by naijaking1: 6:55am On Jul 31, 2015
IGBOSON1:

Thank you, that kind ignorant Igbo personality is worse than our Hause/Fulani adversery, because he is oblivious of facts on the ground.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 31, 2015
Igbos were scattered all over the country most especially in lagos trying to dictate who becomes the governor in a state they call no mans land. ohaneze was busy exporting people to lagos in order to vote in jimi agbaje who promised to hand over lagos to them. Besides many of your people prefer not to return home and vote out of fear of kidnapping, robbery which had become prevalent in SE. Even jim iyke had to go home with security agent for fear of his life. So op,dont blame anybody for not having enough votes to bring in jonathan who have proven to be a weak,corrupt president who weakened our judiciary,security,military,education,oil and gas industry with unhindered and free-for-all looting.
Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by naijaking1: 6:58am On Jul 31, 2015
yang:
Stop using Igbo name to beg

We are Igbo and we never beg for anything

All the Imo APC reps are a disgrace to Igbo culture

Ndi awusa turu ime ha

Jiri aha igbo eme saboteur

Thunder fire you, who said we want any position in the zoo house of reps led by Islamic Party Congress

Good point.
Igbo people will outlive APC or any superflous political gathering of opportunists out there. We don't beg, so don't beg for food or position in our name.
Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 31, 2015
2ruink:
phuk u
You must be badly wounded by that missile of a post. LOL
Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by fr3do(m): 7:02am On Jul 31, 2015
Biafra 2.0 loading
Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by Icon4s(m): 7:30am On Jul 31, 2015
kenedy175:

This is exactly where the problem is. An average hausa man saw it as mandatory to get his pvc and vote. This guys don't joke with politics. A fulani herdsman is much more informed politically than an average Igbo man. In the North, you see old people going to vote but down east, they just don't care.

We need to step up our game if we know what we want to achieve

on point u are brother.we need to start preparing for 2019. If d Igbos can raise their number of registered voters, PDP might seed d VP slot to d SE. PDP needs a northern Presidential candidate to break up d votes in d north.PDP still has a very strong hold of d SS & SE, also 40% of SW & 60 of NC. A credible northern candidate can break up the votes of d NE and NW if Buhari & APC dnt fulfil their campaign promises.
Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by 2ruink(m): 7:39am On Jul 31, 2015
maryjames9:
You must be badly wounded by that missile of a post. LOL
wounded? it's nothing close to that. I had known pukes are always disgusting.
Re: Press Statement: Apc Must Rethink Its Perception Of Ndigbo, Says Apc Rep by Opinedecandid(m): 8:24am On Jul 31, 2015
It's too late brothers, we have more than 3 yrs to endure this misrule and ill treatment.

Pray, observe and wait patiently.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Letter To Abobaku Of Ooni Ife The Runaway Sacrificial Lamb (Photo) / America Might Get Another Black President - Why Carson's Beating Trump / Pdp Wins Kogi Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.