Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,697 members, 7,979,353 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 07:00 AM

Why You Should Be Considerate To Roadside Sellers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why You Should Be Considerate To Roadside Sellers (458 Views)

Pictures Of A Man Roasting Yam And Plantain On The Roadside. / Nairalanders Trusted And Confirmed Genuine Paypal Sellers / Amazon Selects Payoneer To Power X-border Payments For Sellers Worldwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Be Considerate To Roadside Sellers by VenOmswiftTM(m): 5:14am On Jul 31, 2015
This is a trend I've noticed among we Nigerians. We are most times inconsiderate to these roadside sellers who struggle to make ends meet. Most times when we walk into big malls,
boutiques,
supermarkets, we never question their prices.
We
pay
exactly what we see on the price tags and
even
hand out
tips
to the staff. But the moment we are out of
these
shops
and
want to buy banana, our bargaining game gets
off to the
roof.
Poor widow with 12 hungry children at home
tells
you
banana is N100. She even takes out her time to
explain
how
difficult it was for her to even buy it, how the
economy is
so
tough. But we insist that if it's not N50, we
are
not
paying. I know of a friend who wouldn't buy anything from a roadside seller unless she gives him almost half of whatever he bought as 'jara'. Come on! She didn't steal those goods!
Some of us even step back into our cars and
make to
drive
away.
But because 'half bread is better chin chin', this
woman is
forced to call you back and sell to you at little
or
no gain.
In
her heart, she cries, she's worried about how
she'll
survive
with her children. She silently reassures herself
that 'It's
well. God will definitely provide.'' While you
happily chop
the luscious banana.
Take some seconds out and think about this,
guys. Please
don't bargain hard with small vendors like this.
They do
business not to buy designer bags, Gucci shoes
but to
LIVE
and EAT!
Source : Writtingright..com

CC: lalasticlala

Re: Why You Should Be Considerate To Roadside Sellers by histemple: 5:45am On Jul 31, 2015
This is a thought - provoking submission.
Re: Why You Should Be Considerate To Roadside Sellers by DjAndroid: 6:11am On Jul 31, 2015
On the front page since last sunday.
Re: Why You Should Be Considerate To Roadside Sellers by 0luwatope(m): 6:21am On Jul 31, 2015
Hmmm, nex time i want to buy corn, my convo with corn seller go be like
me: how much is this halfly burnt corn
seller: its 50naira
me: ehhh, mummy this corn is cheap o, let me pay 60naira
seller: *smiles* ok pay
me: *i pay 60naira for the corn and leave*
seller: *talking to herself* This boy is the dumbest boy ive ever sold to sha, i told him corn is 50naira, he paid 60naira, i pray none of my children will be foolish like this boy o, omo butter oshi.
OP na joke o, no take am crios o...

(1) (Reply)

Bussiss Tip For Entrepreneurs / Promo Promo Promo Order Your Ruzu Now While Stock Last / Graphic Design,web Design, Motion Graphics & Video Editing Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.