Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,904 members, 7,906,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:16 AM

Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . (2881 Views)

"Are You The Last Person On Queue? Im Behind You" / Im gay, Im not mixed, I steal peoples pics online because I cant get girls. / Im Dating A Bini Guy: What Do I Need To Know? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by Gabry(f): 7:29am On Mar 19, 2009
shocked shocked angry
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by smurf1(f): 8:46am On Mar 19, 2009
Whatever works for you, abi?
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by Gabry(f): 5:57am On Mar 20, 2009
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by oluwafemi113(m): 7:51am On Mar 20, 2009
;d
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by Gabry(f): 8:37am On Mar 20, 2009
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 20, 2009
You guys never seen anything.smiling-no-jitsu.smiley wink cheesy grin' angry' shocked' cool' lipsrsealed' :\'
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by Gabry(f): 1:26am On Mar 21, 2009
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by topup: 4:28am On Mar 21, 2009
You can't force yourself to do something you really don't want to do or feel. Okay, maybe you can pretend but you can't force yourself to feel.

Maybe the fact that they tell you all the negatives and warnings about Nigerian culture is even part of the cause of you becoming even more attracted to it, since we always want to try something dangerous and risk warnings - it's human nature.

My advice is; if you look into Malaysian culture, you will most certainly find something that will intrigue you, learning more about your culture will help you tune into it, you can explain things more, you can begin to understand your people beyond what you see, learn about your history and I really believe it will interest you and so you'll be drawn towards it.

It's okay, to appreciate both cultures and neither has to be taboo, the longer Nigerian or African culture is taboo to you, the more you'll be drawn towards it (I think).
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by Nobody: 4:30am On Mar 21, 2009
pc guru:

Ebonysilk serious are you in love with gab maybe u guys can satisfy my lesbian fantasies.(okay gab rub silk a little, smiley ~am not a perv oo.
Ok. . . . undecided

A.R.E Y.O.U .O.K.A.Y?
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by Gabry(f): 4:06pm On Mar 22, 2009
topup:

You can't force yourself to do something you really don't want to do or feel. Okay, maybe you can pretend but you can't force yourself to feel.

Maybe the fact that they tell you all the negatives and warnings about Nigerian culture is even part of the cause of you becoming even more attracted to it, since we always want to try something dangerous and risk warnings - it's human nature.

My advice is; if you look into Malaysian culture, you will most certainly find something that will intrigue you, learning more about your culture will help you tune into it, you can explain things more, you can begin to understand your people beyond what you see, learn about your history and I really believe it will interest you and so you'll be drawn towards it.

It's okay, to appreciate both cultures and neither has to be taboo, the longer Nigerian or African culture is taboo to you, the more you'll be drawn towards it (I think).

Guy. . . When it comes to Malaysian culture, Im top class in it naaa. And whatever news the media has come out with Naija sef, it has nothing to do with my love for Naija. I just dont know why I love Naija ooo. . . Its like I dont know why I love my neighbours dog sooo much. . . Everytime I lokok at him, I fall in love with him that I buy for him chicken everyday. So its just that.
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by biina: 10:46pm On Mar 22, 2009
@gabrywl
Dont fight it, it'll do your heart so good grin
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by Gabry(f): 9:20am On Mar 23, 2009
Like in what sense?
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by tpia: 10:58pm On Mar 23, 2009
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by Gabry(f): 11:35pm On Mar 23, 2009
Thats Indonesia
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by tpia: 4:31am On Mar 24, 2009
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by tiffcisco(f): 5:07am On Mar 24, 2009
top up I don't think she wants to stop loving it lol!! Shes making a statement, about HOW MUCH SHE LOVES IT!!!! Some people are drawn to cultures which is a very good thing!! Im the same way!! Its a gift, and a curse haha!! (Monk, smile!) U sound very interesting Gab! I think its cool u can relate so well, and u really speak pidgin well! I cant really understand it, well more when reading it than when listening. I suppose I might try, but the Nigerians I know don't use it as much. They tend to just speak Yoruba when they are together, which I REALLY don't understand, but my bf wants me to learn, and I think I should so he can never sell me in Nigeria lol!! JK I just want to! Any ideas of how to learn in the US in a very non Naija area?? A course I suppose hmm, lol!!
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by bintab(f): 8:40am On Mar 24, 2009
Gaby,you are under the spell of juju tha explained why you keep loving us., i pray this juju not to expire obecause we naija peeps love you too.Cheers.
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by europegirl(f): 11:38pm On Mar 24, 2009
@gabrywyl

There is nothing wrong with feeling like that. I think it just means that you are especially open to different cultures, which I feel is a wonderful attribute in any person. I am the exact same way. I was born and raised in germany but I have enjoyed different cultures ever since I can remeber. I always have all kinds of friends from diffferent nationalities. I love learning about new cultures and languages and foods,
Life is wonderful and we are blessed that we all are so different.
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by Gabry(f): 1:59am On Mar 25, 2009
tpia:

oh, ok.

I keep mixing up those areas.

No qualms cause we are neigbours. indonesia and Malaysia is like soooo close to each other so there is sometimes bound to have some confusion. And moreover both countries speak in somehow the similar language but somehow different and we call it malay language and they call it Indon language and both countries eat somehow the similar food but in another way different cause we put more coconut milk in our food and they put more sugar in their food but other than that, most of the ingredients are the same and both are Muslim countries only that Malaysia accepted all religions based on the outside world but internally, the religions are somehow having an internal crisis while in Indonesia. . . to the outside world, it may seem that they are battling against religion but internally, they are actually quite loving and each religion even follow other religion's practices and beliefs just to show respect. Like you seen them in the news fighting. , Thats in the remote area and it doesnt really happen that much just that the media made it dramatic. . .

tiffcisco:

top up I don't think she wants to stop loving it lol!! Shes making a statement, about HOW MUCH SHE LOVES IT!!!! Some people are drawn to cultures which is a very good thing!! Im the same way!! Its a gift, and a curse haha!! (Monk, smile!) U sound very interesting Gab! I think its cool u can relate so well, and u really speak pidgin well! I cant really understand it, well more when reading it than when listening. I suppose I might try, but the Nigerians I know don't use it as much. They tend to just speak Yoruba when they are together, which I REALLY don't understand, but my bf wants me to learn, and I think I should so he can never sell me in Nigeria lol!! JK I just want to! Any ideas of how to learn in the US in a very non Naija area?? A course I suppose hmm, lol!!

awwww. . . Thanks girl grin kiss So uhm, . U're dating a Naija guy? well, actually yoruba is quite easy to learn provided you have a very good memory. my case, I really have a very bad memory so I only talk Yoruba when I have the mood to remember. heheh! grin Uhm. . . I guess the only way to learn how to speak Yoruba is to mix around with Nigerians whom speaks in Yoruba and just pay very close attention to the words which they are speaking. Remember it and when you have the opportunity one day, go and ask them what does it means. And then they will tell you and if they are in the mood, they will teach you more than what you ask. Remember to spend them food and drink after that tongue like guys. . . Most of them always wants beer. But not all. Than whenever you have any opportunities to use the sentences which you have learn, you use it to the extreme and keep using it untill its in your head. If possible, ask them about the spelling as well so that when you come in here to nairaland and you have the opportunity to use the sentences, you use it and it will stay in your memory forever. grin

Thats what I do. when a group of people speak a completely in a different language and you happen to be there, never ignore their conversation even if you dont understand or they are not talking to you. Always listen attentively and try to grab phrases. And also by doing that, you'll be very surprise that you might be able to actually understand what they are talking! Thats how intelligent the human brain can be.

bintab:

Gaby,you are under the spell of juju tha explained why you keep loving us., i pray this juju not to expire obecause we naija peeps love you too.Cheers.

LMAO!!! Under the spell of juju abi? Thats funny grin grin grin Awww. . . Really? Ok, Now Im flattered and honored ooo embarassed smiley

europegirl:

@gabrywyl

There is nothing wrong with feeling like that. I think it just means that you are especially open to different cultures, which I feel is a wonderful attribute in any person. I am the exact same way. I was born and raised in germany but I have enjoyed different cultures ever since I can remeber. I always have all kinds of friends from diffferent nationalities. I love learning about new cultures and languages and foods,
Life is wonderful and we are blessed that we all are so different.

Ok thank you so much for your wisdom words. Now I dont feel so bad. But the only thing which I felt bad is that my family and friends at times get confuse with my language. They called me an alien. Can you believe that?
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by tiffcisco(f): 2:38am On Mar 25, 2009
gabrywyl:

awwww. . . Thanks girl  grin kiss So uhm,  . U're dating a Naija guy? well, actually yoruba is quite easy to learn provided you have a very good memory. my case, I really have a very bad memory so I only talk Yoruba when I have the mood to remember. heheh! grin  Uhm. . . I guess the only way to learn how to speak Yoruba is to mix around with Nigerians whom speaks in Yoruba and just pay very close attention to the words which they are speaking. Remember it and when you have the opportunity one day, go and ask them what does it means. And then they will tell you and if they are in the mood, they will teach you more than what you ask. Remember to spend them food and drink after that  tongue like guys. . . Most of them always wants beer. But not all. Than whenever you have any opportunities to use the sentences which you have learn, you use it to the extreme and keep using it untill its in your head. If possible, ask them about the spelling as well so that when you come in here to nairaland and you have the opportunity to use the sentences, you use it and it will stay in your memory forever. grin

Thats what I do. when a group of people speak a completely in a different language and you happen to be there, never ignore their conversation even if you dont understand or they are not talking to you. Always listen attentively and try to grab phrases. And also by doing that, you'll be very surprise that you might be able to actually understand what they are talking! Thats how intelligent the human brain can be.

Haha u r so funny! I have a pretty good memory, sometimes lol!! I have, of course, messed it up a bit over the years, lol!! Im very happy to hear its a pretty easy language to learn. I just recently moved back home after living in China for a while, and I must say that mandMandarinby far one of the HARDEST languages to learn. I quickly made friends who could speak englEnglish MandMandarinently. They were my saving grace while there.

I think you are right abt ur techniques for learning. My boyfriend and I recently took a couple trips together, (he for business I just went to hang out with him while he wasnwasn'tking) and when he'd be with his nigeNigerianiness partners and friends speaking yoruba I would notice that I'd sometimes zone out cuz I had no idea what they were saying. Now, what worked is that I am a trained actress, so I'm very good at "acting" (and looking) like I'm listening. (as most men hahaha, jk guys!!) A passpasserby-erld have thought many times I definitely knew what was going on, but didndidn'tl like talking lol! I will keep this in mind next time.

Abt the pidjin, the other day I was talking to his brother on the phone. And while I dont think he was pupopurposelyaking pidgin, Im sure it was slipping in lol!! Cuz I kept going huh, lol! I find it very difficult to understand him sometimes, but not my boyfriend. His brothers wife is half philFilipino half germGerman maybe he is thinking, well she can understand me so you prob can too, lol!! But um, they've been married for a while lol!!!

Ok so yes, I will remember this! Next time everyone is talking, pay attention!!!!! and ask questions!!!, At the right times of course! When I think about it, this is how I learned spanSpanishof course many of my friends are spanSpanishd my 2 best friends first language is spanSpanish I was surrounded by it. Ok I am up for it!!! Let the work begin!!!!!
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by tiffcisco(f): 9:45pm On Mar 25, 2009
This was my post to gab, For some reason I did it as a part of her quote, ooops!

Haha u r so funny! I have a pretty good memory, sometimes lol!! I have, of course, messed it up a bit over the years, lol!! Im very happy to hear its a pretty easy language to learn. I just recently moved back home after living in China for a while, and I must say that mandMandarinby far one of the HARDEST languages to learn. I quickly made friends who could speak englEnglish MandMandarinently. They were my saving grace while there.

I think you are right abt ur techniques for learning. My boyfriend and I recently took a couple trips together, (he for business I just went to hang out with him while he wasnwasn'tking) and when he'd be with his nigeNigerianiness partners and friends speaking yoruba I would notice that I'd sometimes zone out cuz I had no idea what they were saying. Now, what worked is that I am a trained actress, so I'm very good at "acting" (and looking) like I'm listening. (as most men hahaha, jk guys!!) A passpasserby-erld have thought many times I definitely knew what was going on, but didndidn'tl like talking lol! I will keep this in mind next time.

Abt the pidjin, the other day I was talking to his brother on the phone. And while I dont think he was pupopurposelyaking pidgin, Im sure it was slipping in lol!! Cuz I kept going huh, lol! I find it very difficult to understand him sometimes, but not my boyfriend. His brothers wife is half philFilipino half germGerman maybe he is thinking, well she can understand me so you prob can too, lol!! But um, they've been married for a while lol!!!

Ok so yes, I will remember this! Next time everyone is talking, pay attention!!!!! and ask questions!!!, At the right times of course! When I think about it, this is how I learned spanSpanishof course many of my friends are spanSpanishd my 2 best friends first language is spanSpanish I was surrounded by it. Ok I am up for it!!! Let the work begin!!!!!
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by tiffcisco(f): 9:48pm On Mar 25, 2009
um ok after reading this I have decided, NEVER USE THE SPELL CHECK!!!! lol!!!
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by Gabry(f): 1:12am On Mar 26, 2009
LOL grin grin grin Tiff, now you are hillarious! grin Ok, good luck in learning Yoruba. Yes, I agree with you that at times when they speak Pidgin, its hard to understand cause they speak it too fast and at times I know like if the person is Igbo, they tend to somehow change and add different slangs to the Pidgin English. I heard their the masters of that. grin

But other than that, it could be they speak it too fast. Usually I would close my eyes really tight and pay attention to what the person is talking otherwise I would tell them to speak slowly but in time, you will get use to it.

Hey, Ive seen your profile pic. are you mixed blood like me? grin
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by tiffcisco(f): 5:57am On Mar 30, 2009
Yes on my moms side we are black, white, Cherokee, and mexican. On my dads side we are black, Sioux, cherokee, irish, and jamaican. Im pretty much a little mut. lol!! And my poor children will be even more mixed up haha!! What are you mixed with??
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 30, 2009
And who is DYABMAN and big bully stuf or what do u call for cryin outa loud? huh cheesy tongue
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by Gabry(f): 5:54am On Mar 31, 2009
tiffcisco:

Yes on my moms side we are black, white, Cherokee, and mexican. On my dads side we are black, Sioux, cherokee, irish, and jamaican. Im pretty much a little mut. lol!! And my poor children will be even more mixed up haha!! What are you mixed with??

WOW! Thats amazing!!! Thats very beautiful to hear and no wonder you look so amazing,. cheesy

well, my mom is 1/2 Hong Kong and 1/2 Mongolian and my dad is 1/2 China and 1/2 Malaysian which makes me 1/2 Chinese, 1/4 Malaysian and 1/4 Mongolian.

maybe we can call ourselves Multi national and our children super Multinational and yours be super Duper multi National grin

brein:

And who is DYABMAN and big bully stuf or what do u call for cryin outa loud? huh cheesy tongue

This is dyabman https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=146671 Can you believe it, that bugger called me a MOLARAT!!! angry angry angry Since he is the original Molerat! HMM! angry angry angry
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 31, 2009
shocked shocked Hmm! Dyabman is a heroe! cheesy
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by Gabry(f): 3:49am On Apr 01, 2009
hey why do you say that about my enemy? angry tongue
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 01, 2009
Well, i said so simply because there is no enemnity in NL Forum. cheesy grin
he' is a Nairaland heroe, u knw! In d sense dat he ,.?,.,., shocked
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by Gabry(f): 1:50am On Apr 02, 2009
he wetin now shocked angry
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by SeanT21(f): 4:15am On Apr 02, 2009
You are born in the wrong body.You should have a nationality change.I will prescribe a doctor for you.
cheesy

U speak PIDGIN Hahah~~I wanna hear it. wink
Re: Arghhhhh! Help Me! Im In Love. . . by Gabry(f): 1:18am On Apr 03, 2009
Huh? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry

uhm. . . ok embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Old / Esan Contributions To Benin Empire.. Part 1 / No Benin Oba Was Buried In Lle-ife – Esogban Of Benin, Edebiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.