Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,563 members, 7,944,694 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 10:16 PM

Can You Describe Your Job:boring With Ok Pay - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can You Describe Your Job:boring With Ok Pay (1252 Views)

9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job / 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" / 11 Signs That You Should Leave Your Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Describe Your Job:boring With Ok Pay by sexibabes: 9:10am On Mar 18, 2009
Some one please help me.i have always prayed to get a good job and God finally landed me with this one i have now.I am very grateful to God and i dont want him to be angry with me but i hate my job so much.Am into the IT area in an oil company but the job is very boring,in my office a lot of people are not doing anything from morning till evening when we close by 4pm.Every day i am scared to go to work because its boring hours of me just using free internet and doing nothing in particular,at times users have problems with their computer and i go there and solve it in minutes.i am even forced to pray for something to come up so i can be engaged.
And the annoying thing is the staff keep complaining that company pays them badly but for crying out loud they are not doing anything
can some people on here shed light on this issue for me because all my friends don't want to hear when i tell me i am looking for job
Re: Can You Describe Your Job:boring With Ok Pay by okeyz(m): 5:47pm On Mar 19, 2009
look, u should somersault and land on ur two knees to thank GOD that u have a job that pays u for doin literally nothing,, there are peps that are paid peanuts, 0r even groundnut and they work like donkeys in a coffee farm from 7am to 9 pm and praying to GOD to deliver them and you are complaining about ur job ,an oil company for that matter !!
dont let some people swear for you oo,
Re: Can You Describe Your Job:boring With Ok Pay by AjanleKoko: 6:42pm On Mar 19, 2009
Find some certification or something new to learn, and get yourself busy doing that.
Save your money wisely and don't bother your head about the rest.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job:boring With Ok Pay by sexibabes: 8:22am On Mar 20, 2009
thanks to ajanle, its hard to get a certification because i need to come to work regularly
but i will try sha from now since you mentioned it
@the other poster, pls shut up.u one of those fools who migrate threads on here
Re: Can You Describe Your Job:boring With Ok Pay by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 20, 2009
Firstly, are you an inexperienced hire? If that is the case, then your first couple of months at work just might be boring. It's universal.
Secondly, this is the perfect opportunity for you to show enthusiasm and good work ethic. Do you have an immediate supervisor/boss that you report to/
Look around and try to find projects that you can work on. Ask your boss about things you can do. Your boss may just look at you as someone who just wants a salary without any enthusiasm. This is what will set u apart from your co-workers. There is always something to do. You just have to look for it.
You could create databases, complaint forms, surveys, etc for IT support.
Trust me, when the work starts coming in you'll regret ever complaining about being bored.
Make sure you find something to do. Your performance will determine you longetivity at the comapny. Global meltdown may start to show up in Nigeria soon and peeps may start laying staff off. Most people are layed off based on the value they add to the company. If they realize they can "do" without you since you just browse the internet all day, they can afford to let you go. Make yourself valuable!
Re: Can You Describe Your Job:boring With Ok Pay by pwin: 3:39pm On Mar 20, 2009
[b]Platinum Wealth Investment club was introduced by Platinum Wealth Investment
Networks - RC: 703098 in order to provide our investing members with
interesting investment opportunities.

We strategicaly Invest our member's funds into:
- ForEx Trading,
- Foreign Pennystocks,
- Media House e.g. News Print, Printing Press,
- Wireless Internet Service Provider (Wifi), telecoms,
- Banking which in returns, turn over your Investments via 200% within 30
working days maximum.
- REIG Programs (Real Estate Income Gain.)
- Mutual Funds
- Segregated Funds e.t.c.

Our Start-Up Capital by Intending Investors in our Program starts from minimum deposit of N200.00.

The company is giving hope to Nigeria citizens, especially the Young School leavers, The Undergraduates, the Graduates and the Unemployed Nigerian Youths. The company is partnering and affiliating with many other companies based abroad to eradicate unemployment in Nigeria and eradicate Poverty in West Africa and Platinum Wealth Networks is their agent here in Nigeria.

If you want to know more about the Investment Program to build Credibilty,
contact platinumwealthinvestments@gmail.com or call Mr. Smith on 07026199024.

SAY "NO" TO UNEMPLOYMENT IN NIGERIA.

NOTE(A CREATIVE IDEA FROM PLATINUM WEALTH NETWORKS)

YOU CAN ALSO INVEST WITH N100 OR MORE (IF YOU CANNOT PAY THE LITTLE AMOUNT IN A BANK)BY TRANSFERRING YOUR NETWORK RECHARGE CARD, SEND US YOUR FULL NAME AND DETAILS AND WITHIN 12 DAYS EXLUDING WEEKENDS, YOU WOULD GET BACK N200 OR MORE (OF YOUR INVESTMENT DEPOSIT).

Platinum Wealth Investment Network
We contribute our part to make Nigerians Rich.[/b]

EVIDENCE(CHECK OUT OUR LATEST FOREX RESULTS AND ASK FOR MORE RESULTS WHEN MAKING ENQUIRIES AT platinumwealthinvestments@gmail.com).

Re: Can You Describe Your Job:boring With Ok Pay by okeyz(m): 8:31pm On Mar 25, 2009
sexibabes:

Some one please help me.i have always prayed to get a good job and God finally landed me with this one i have now.I am very grateful to God and i dont want him to be angry with me but i hate my job so much.Am into the IT area in an oil company but the job is very boring,in my office a lot of people are not doing anything from morning till evening when we close by 4pm.Every day i am scared to go to work because its boring hours of me just using free internet and doing nothing in particular,at times users have problems with their computer and i go there and solve it in minutes.i am even forced to pray for something to come up so i can be engaged.
And the annoying thing is the staff keep complaining that company pays them badly but for crying out loud they are not doing anything
can some people on here shed light on this issue for me because all my friends don't want to hear when i tell me i am looking for job

can,t u see how stupid ur post sound,, if the job is boring why not send in ur resignation and stop constituting a nuisance here.

(1) (Reply)

Help! Pls Wat Course Can I Study In D University Relating To Music / Pre-employment Medical Test: A Criteria For Employment. / New Hot Jobs In Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.