Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,216 members, 7,873,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:59 PM

Customs Papers Confirmation Online- Help Please - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Customs Papers Confirmation Online- Help Please (2143 Views)

Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers / Nigeria Customs Gives Deadline For Payment Of Import Duty On All Smuggled Cars / What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customs Papers Confirmation Online- Help Please by tuasefemi(m): 5:35am On Aug 01, 2015
Happy weekend to you guys here, I just bought a car from Cotonou but my agent processed the custom papers through Ilorin, because according to him it's relatively cheaper there. Now, the papers are ready and about to be sent to Lagos. My fear is, how genuine would these papers be!
Please, Nairalanders is there any legitimate site where one can confirm the authenticity of custom papers?
Please, I need the site address if there is any so as to confirm it.... Thank you!
Re: Customs Papers Confirmation Online- Help Please by dapsin999(m): 5:58am On Aug 01, 2015
Sry u can't check it online. Look at the paper send the Customs ref no and year. Or scan d papers here or to my mail dapsin999@gmail.com. I'll confirm for you on monday(weekend tinx)
Re: Customs Papers Confirmation Online- Help Please by tuasefemi(m): 7:01am On Aug 01, 2015
Thanks man, I will do that when I get hold of the papers.... God bless!
Re: Customs Papers Confirmation Online- Help Please by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
mr dapsin pls am sending mine too . Thanx.
Re: Customs Papers Confirmation Online- Help Please by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
dapsin999:
Sry u can't check it online. Look at the paper send the Customs ref no and year. Or scan d papers here or to my mail dapsin999@gmail.com. I'll confirm for you on monday(weekend tinx)
brother am sending mine too thanks.
Re: Customs Papers Confirmation Online- Help Please by kakameks: 6:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
I don't think there is a relative "cheaper" place to import cars or any item what so ever.

The import duties are fix nation wide based on the item your bringing in be it either by air, sea or land.

The duty you will pay for say a 2001 4 cylinder camry will be same either through ilorin, lagos or Cameroon.

So for him to say it is cheaper means he did not pay the full duty.
Re: Customs Papers Confirmation Online- Help Please by EmmyBoy2(m): 5:32am On Aug 03, 2015
kakameks:
I don't think there is a relative "cheaper" place to import cars or any item what so ever.

The import duties are fix nation wide based on the item your bringing in be it either by air, sea or land.

The duty you will pay for say a 2001 4 cylinder camry will be same either through ilorin, lagos or Cameroon.

Gbam! Well said bro...
Re: Customs Papers Confirmation Online- Help Please by tuasefemi(m): 10:57am On Aug 03, 2015
kakameks:

You might not be actually correct...this is a country where you pay about 30% more of the actual price of the goods/services simply due to settling different people here and there, this is most of the times caused by high demands, and an average Nigerian wants everything done as quick as possible....so, the demands in Lagos would naturally be higher than Ilorin, thereby making the side payments minimal!
Re: Customs Papers Confirmation Online- Help Please by z3us(m): 11:31am On Aug 03, 2015
@kakameks i do not agree with you on that. i am not confirming the genuity of the documents but duties at the port and at the border are different.at the border lesser value are give.:say 50k -100k depending on the year.and u also have to know shipping and terminal charges are not paid at the border....i other-words a car you clear in lagos port for 500k, u can clear at the border for 400-450k
Re: Customs Papers Confirmation Online- Help Please by kakameks: 2:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
There is a clear difference between clearing charges (which is relative to your agent and shipping company and the mode the item was brought into the country)
and custom duty payments (which is fixed no matter which border your operating from) and i think the op was referring to custom duty payment.

How and if you pay your shipping, handling and clearing charges is between you, your agent and your shipper.
Customs are concern with restricting contraband items and you paying the appropriate duties and levies to the Federal Government.
Re: Customs Papers Confirmation Online- Help Please by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 04, 2015
tuasefemi:

You might not be actually correct...this is a country where you pay about 30% more of the actual price of the goods/services simply due to settling different people here and there, this is most of the times caused by high demands, and an average Nigerian wants everything done as quick as possible....so, the demands in Lagos would naturally be higher than Ilorin, thereby making the side payments minimal!
bro pls drop ur whatsap. my mails are not delivering to you . I'd love to forward the docs to you for confirmation. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Vehicle Pre Inspection Purchase. / Please Recommend A Car For My Friend / Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.